Player
    Character
    Zaetia Pryce
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    I know all about Spriggan. I bought 5 houses there for me and friends (all smalls at low price), 4 of which are all in the same ward in Shirogane. It's pretty much all sold out now (at least Shriogane and Lavender are since i checked last) and yes it's certainly one of the exceptions to the rule.

...You seem to think FC's are some gift to the housing community and the game but their sales are not being used as intended. The priority is being abused and private owners are paying the price and there is absolutely no reason why they should be given more than a week or two priority. I sincerely hope that private owners aren't about to pay the price again when potential new wards and a new housing area is added to the mix...
    Friends just bought houses 2 days ago on Spriggan.

My main point of contention, is that personal houses occupy ~70% of the houses available on NA DCs.

Even if FCs are being abused for housing they are not the major problem. Imagine on high pop servers, what would happen to legit FCs, who are among that ~30%, without the purchase priority.

Also, I've been advocating to improve apartments and delink the FC workshop from housing if SE is not going to change how the persistent ward system works.
    (0)
    Last edited by TwistedTea; 07-10-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedTea View Post
    My main point of contention, is that personal houses occupy ~70% of the houses available on NA DCs.
    Continue to defend FC purchases but you're wrong and the abuse is rampart and this is on Spriggan in the Goblet. Open up new wards and a new housing area and be sure to give people like this 3 months to do their thing with priority purchasing while wannabe private home owners have to sit and wait.

https://i.imgur.com/2jopshK.png
    (1)
    Last edited by LaylaTsarra; 07-10-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Oishi Tamanegi
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    So I'm on Hyperion, and we get several plots opening up during the week here and there from people transferring away I assume. But, today was special in that, my friend happened to get a house this morning! Yay!

Someone tried really getting under my skin because i was there supporting my friend, and that escalated into some silliness but was dealt with. I came across their lover tho, at another plot that was open. I went to that plot to congratulate the FC that won it and stumbled across the other person's lover (their search comments say it all XD) using an automating program clicking away happily at the placard well after it has been purchased. I gave the person who won that house for their FC some gifts to help them get deco'd and made sure to report all the other offenders there.. but I guess what I'm saying is..
    It isn't impossible to get a house. And yes people are gonna do everything they can to make it seem like it's ok to use automating programs to get them but they are wrong. People will lie about the TOS in order to get you to say something crazy so they CAN report you for violating the TOS, (which happened to back fire for someone today), and yes these people are usually all the same kind of people. Extremely disrespectful, can't see for the world what's wrong with their behavior, and lie constantly.

Just wanted to say it isn't impossible to get a house being a legitimate player. Did get some good laughs while out supporting my friends tho. And fun screen shots
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Illyana Esper
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauteed View Post
    So I'm on Hyperion, and we get several plots opening up during the week here and there from people transferring away I assume. But, today was special in that, my friend happened to get a house this morning! Yay!

Someone tried really getting under my skin because i was there supporting my friend, and that escalated into some silliness but was dealt with. I came across their lover tho, at another plot that was open. I went to that plot to congratulate the FC that won it and stumbled across the other person's lover (their search comments say it all XD) using an automating program clicking away happily at the placard well after it has been purchased. I gave the person who won that house for their FC some gifts to help them get deco'd and made sure to report all the other offenders there.. but I guess what I'm saying is..
    It isn't impossible to get a house. And yes people are gonna do everything they can to make it seem like it's ok to use automating programs to get them but they are wrong. People will lie about the TOS in order to get you to say something crazy so they CAN report you for violating the TOS, (which happened to back fire for someone today), and yes these people are usually all the same kind of people. Extremely disrespectful, can't see for the world what's wrong with their behavior, and lie constantly.

Just wanted to say it isn't impossible to get a house being a legitimate player. Did get some good laughs while out supporting my friends tho. And fun screen shots
    People have jobs, school, and other responsibilities. I've wasted about 6 hours clicking on housing placards so far, and I'm not going to waste any more of my time doing it. The current lot buying system is repetitive, inane, and requires zero skill or thought from the player... its literally 0,0,0,4,0 over and over and over in a battle against an invisible timer. Its a system literally designed to be automated. Asking people to pointlessly click against a hidden timer is disrespectful of players time, don't forget someone can come in at any moment and relocate making all your past hours of clicking pointless. Everyone should be MACROing this pile of shit lot buying system until its changed.

Honestly, as someone who thinks SE has done a very good job with FF14 overall the housing system is a huge let-down. I like the idea of finding or crafting furniture and decorating a place over time. I'd like to try the gardening system as well. I know neither of these systems is particularly important to the game itself, but every time my retainers bring me back furniture or I find seeds it just annoys me that this part of the game is locked away from me behind a TERRIBLY designed system. A system that's been terribly designed for years... There is no excuse for the way housing works in the game at the moment.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zaetia Pryce
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Continue to defend FC purchases but you're wrong and the abuse is rampart and this is on Spriggan in the Goblet. Open up new wards and a new housing area and be sure to give people like this 3 months to do their thing with priority purchasing while wannabe private home owners have to sit and wait.

https://i.imgur.com/2jopshK.png
    Please provide data that FC houses occupy the majority of housing.

There are 120,960 plots across the 3 North American Data Centers and as of earlier this week, 33,962 Free Companies owned a house.

As of Jun 2020, 28.07% are owned as FC houses.
    (0)
    Last edited by TwistedTea; 07-11-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedTea View Post
    Please provide data that FC houses occupy the majority of housing..
    Why? I never said they did. Show me where i said that.

I have said that FC purchasing priority is being abused and needs to stop and that people interested in purchasing private homes need to be given a fair shake. Providing FC's with extended purchase privileges (I do believe the last ward addition allowed them 3 months) so people willing to abuse the system can do what the image I provided clearly shows and that's not counting all the shell FC's with one owner and a bunch of alts interested in only one house.

And I might add that was done in Ward 20 where only FC purchases were allowed or transfers. At best FC purchase priority should be no more than a week or two.
    (1)
    Last edited by LaylaTsarra; 07-11-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Retainer Twenty
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 25
    Why? I never said they did. Show me where i said that.
    Amnesia?

while wannabe private home owners have to sit and wait.

I have said that FC purchasing priority is being abused and needs to stop and that people interested in purchasing private homes need to be given a fair shake. Providing FC's with extended purchase privileges (I do believe the last ward addition allowed them 3 months) so people willing to abuse the system can do what the image I provided clearly shows (and I might add that was done in Ward 20 where only FC purchases were allowed or transfers) needs to stop.
    How is it abuse if it's endorsed? Players looking for a fair chance at personal housing already have it when new wards are introduced. You're just oblivious because you don't (can't?) read the fine prints. I suggest you do some research before coming up with another uninformed "reply". I'll give you an hint, ward 20, along with 19 and 21 was open to personal housing relocation. Guess who had a shot at the now vacant plots in the lower wards
    (2)
    Last edited by Yshtola; 07-11-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Player

I mean FC priority makes sense, since in theory an FC gets fsr more value for having a house so would make sense for them to be given priority.

Though legit this crusade people have against single FC, plots that go unused, or mulptie plot owners is getting silly.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Oishi Tamanegi
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven2 View Post
    People have jobs, school, and other responsibilities. I've wasted about 6 hours clicking on housing placards so far, and I'm not going to waste any more of my time doing it.
    We all do. Well most of us. I'm into construction and industrial electrical work. I stay busy. I've won several houses in my XIV time so far, and not once have I automated a bit of it. I stand firm on the belief people that do are a large problem regardless of their excuses. It is a clear violation of the terms of service we all agreed to upon signing up for the game in the first place, regardless of how skim through we scroll through it and confusing and somewhat nuanced insanity that is in there, but it's there. I play XIV passionately, I enjoy it, is a thing I set aside time for and I play by the rules. This offends some people that want their stuff their way, and they throw their fits, but the go right on my blist where I feel the belong and I move on. I don't try to just rat people out but when someone decides to accuse me of violating the TOS, lie, and then proceed to do the very things they accuse me of all while automating their gameplay, the do get a good reporting, and I blist them and enjoy the rest of my day in the game. But coming on here advocating that "everyone should be automating this" is actually the exact opposite of real talk and I mean that in no disrespectful way at all.

I do hate people have to sit there and struggle through the purchasing process, I've done it. Once for an FC, my personal house twice because I lost it when I quit, but someone else took stewardship of the FC. I am well aware of that grind. For the record, it sucked and I hated it about 10 seconds into it. But I enjoy the housing aspect of the game enough to tolerate it, and understand why it is implemented in the way it is. I can see if Square Enix decided to allot funds to address it in a different way that they should CLEARLY address this different than they have but time will tell.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Illyana Esper
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauteed View Post
    We all do. Well most of us. I'm into construction and industrial electrical work. I stay busy. I've won several houses in my XIV time so far, and not once have I automated a bit of it. I stand firm on the belief people that do are a large problem regardless of their excuses. It is a clear violation of the terms of service we all agreed to upon signing up for the game in the first place, regardless of how skim through we scroll through it and confusing and somewhat nuanced insanity that is in there, but it's there. I play XIV passionately, I enjoy it, is a thing I set aside time for and I play by the rules. This offends some people that want their stuff their way, and they throw their fits, but the go right on my blist where I feel the belong and I move on. I don't try to just rat people out but when someone decides to accuse me of violating the TOS, lie, and then proceed to do the very things they accuse me of all while automating their gameplay, the do get a good reporting, and I blist them and enjoy the rest of my day in the game. But coming on here advocating that "everyone should be automating this" is actually the exact opposite of real talk and I mean that in no disrespectful way at all.

I do hate people have to sit there and struggle through the purchasing process, I've done it. Once for an FC, my personal house twice because I lost it when I quit, but someone else took stewardship of the FC. I am well aware of that grind. For the record, it sucked and I hated it about 10 seconds into it. But I enjoy the housing aspect of the game enough to tolerate it, and understand why it is implemented in the way it is. I can see if Square Enix decided to allot funds to address it in a different way that they should CLEARLY address this different than they have but time will tell.
    I spend a lot of my free time playing FF14 as well. I just recently started trying to buy a housing lot, and I have to say I was very disappointed when I learned how unpolished the entire system is. There is no excuse for the lot buying system to have stayed the way it is for over a year. I don't condone cheating in any game either, but asking a player of your game to stand in one spot doing nothing but clicking 0,0,0,4,0 over and over for up to 24 hours is completely ridiculous. The current lot buying system is the epitome of bad design; SE is basically encouraging people to macro the placard spamming.

We can debate the advantages and disadvantages of increasing the number/quantity of housing lots available but this placard spamming lot buying system is something that should never have been implemented as it is. There are fair ways of selling vacant lots that don't involve wasting hours of multiple players time that could be implemented without significant development time.
    (3)
    Last edited by Draven2; 07-11-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast