Player
    Character
    Grim Gaelasch
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiralMask View Post
    @OP, for SCH on gameplay/downtime: i for one would be okay if SCH's old DoT management stayed gone (though honestly Bane would be a welcome re-addition) if they, say, leaned further into fairy guage management--more skills to gain and spend it (such as perhaps a return of selene's party buffs/pre-esunas as a guage action if she has to stay dead for whatever reason), that sort of thing--it was largely an afterthought in SB and is still pretty vestigial in ShB, when there's a lot of opportunity there if the devs are dead-set on their "healers aren't allowed to DPS for some reason" angle. or debuff options like damage down (think BLU's various utility debuffs like bad breath, magic hammer, etc)

I'll accept basically anything that gives them (and healers in general) SOMETHING to do when healing isnt needed.
    A lot of people seem to echo the idea that SCH's gameplay should revolve around Fairy management. That could potentially be interesting, the problem is, if the fairy is then made to be just a healing system then it will become pretty much a pointless thing to manage.

Why would I bother to manage something that gives me more healing when the problem is there is not enough healing to be done?

You could say then, that such fairy design would allow you to DPS while she heals but if the SCH dps is going to continue to be even more Broil spam ad nauseam, I'd rather do something else.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Noah Orih
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimGale View Post
    A lot of people seem to echo the idea that SCH's gameplay should revolve around Fairy management. That could potentially be interesting, the problem is, if the fairy is then made to be just a healing system then it will become pretty much a pointless thing to manage.

Why would I bother to manage something that gives me more healing when the problem is there is not enough healing to be done?

You could say then, that such fairy design would allow you to DPS while she heals but if the SCH dps is going to continue to be even more Broil spam ad nauseam, I'd rather do something else.
    In my mind, the way to do this correctly is by taking away other sources of healing, nerfing them, or making them very expensive so that faerie management is the only way that you can optimally heal where other methods are for when you're failing to manage the faerie correctly and should take a massive bite out of your DPS potential. The hope with something like this would be that it would justify a more complex direct DPS system of some kind so that it's not there to enable Broil spam. Whether or not this will happen is a whole other conversation, and one with very little hope at the moment. But who knows? Maybe they'll prove us all wrong.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleWinter View Post
    As a side note: why do they let us Deploy from people who dont have any shields on them? Ive accidentally wasted quite a few deployments from butterfinger moments and I cant help but wonder why it's even possible to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiralMask View Post
    no clue. you could bane targets without DoTs as well (at least as of stormblood, my SMN knowledge has waned pretty greatly from disuse this expac and SCH had it removed wholesale)
    It is because the action can't know if a buff/debuff/dot is there until the server uses the action on the target. The client is pretty much blind to what effects are on other characters and enemies and only knows the effects are currently on you.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avarnia Corthal
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatecalibur View Post
    It is because the action can't know if a buff/debuff/dot is there until the server uses the action on the target. The client is pretty much blind to what effects are on other characters and enemies and only knows the effects are currently on you.
    there was also the small matter of bane once doing damage way back in the ARR days
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avarnia Corthal
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I am going to make a post soon showing the state of affairs for the healers of shb compared with endwalker once the job notes are out in 3 months time (damn that feels like an age away)

We can then play spot the difference

Edit: there's also a secondary reason- square enix has been hiding the patch notes for job changes this expansion, so its up to us to record it
    (6)
    Last edited by Recon1o6; 05-18-2021 at 02:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Brunox Sky
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    The attitude was much the same before 5.0. Everyone said, "wait until the release..." And, well we had no choice but to wait. It then become very clear healers were just as bad as we expected. Going into 6.0--I feel it's either going to be just as bad or even worse. Sadly, build 4.0 healers (the best we've had so far) will never return so long as Yoshi is part of the discussion. He's worked hard to change healing healing into a homogenized, 1-dimensional affair.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Hinata Silvermoon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Great post. Commenting to increase thread activity and thus hopefully views from devs. I share almost all the same frustrations.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    OP pretty sums it up very nicely. I choose to play WHM over the other 2 healers simply because WHM dps kit is slightly better than the others. AST and SCH just feel gutted and extremly boring.

I hope they do something but at this point I doubt it. Healers will still be spamming their one button ability. Not sure if JP players are happy with the state of healing.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Truen View Post
    The attitude was much the same before 5.0. Everyone said, "wait until the release..." And, well we had no choice but to wait. It then become very clear healers were just as bad as we expected. Going into 6.0--I feel it's either going to be just as bad or even worse. Sadly, build 4.0 healers (the best we've had so far) will never return so long as Yoshi is part of the discussion. He's worked hard to change healing healing into a homogenized, 1-dimensional affair.
    For the past two expansions the same situation has played out:

1) It's just the patch notes, wait until you actually play it
    2) It's just early access / beginning, wait until you hit max level
    3) It's just max level, wait until you get gear
    4) You're geared, but you're clearly playing it wrong.
    5) 6-12 months down the road after tons of negative feedback, SE offhandedly acknowledges it and promises a "rework" for the Xth time at the next expansion.
    (17)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Truen View Post
    The attitude was much the same before 5.0. Everyone said, "wait until the release..." And, well we had no choice but to wait. It then become very clear healers were just as bad as we expected. Going into 6.0--I feel it's either going to be just as bad or even worse.
    I don't get what people who comment "wait until release" base it on either. There has been no sign at all that they've listened to the feedback or plan to make significant changes. The few comments they've made bring up concerns rather than relief.

-"We hear feedback that healers don't have enough to heal so we increased damage" - The result following this was e12s needed more healing but E9-11s were easy. Normal was mind-numbingly easy. Alliances were easy. EX was being solo healed.
    -"We want you to use Aetherflow to heal more" - Changed nothing except increased Ruin II weave tax and made Dissipation a joke. Still nothing to heal.

AST reworks simply made AST ridiculously OP. Piety still worthless outside of prog. WHM still clipping. SCH pet still ghosting. Still no sign of a healer designer on the team. Sage showcase only had an aoe and single target nuke. No dev comment at all so far on making dps kits more engaging.

Where does the faith in the devs come from?
    (13)

Page 28 of 169 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast