Player
    Character
    Aduro Terrarum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80

White Mage to Scholar advice?

So I leveled White Mage up to 70, and can do some pretty decent dungeon healing. Want to up my Archmage cred so I’m going to work on getting Scholar up to 60 next. Already level 50 on it from when I used to main Summoner, and I went thru and did the job quests. Today I’m going to start hitting the leveling and MSQ roulettes for exp. Any particular advice for dungeon healing with a Scholar or habits I need to change from my White Mage ways?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lost Skywatcher
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    You can preshield between pulls
    Lustrate and Whispering Dawn are fantastic, and should be used before dipping into Adlo/Physik
    Tanks will take more damage because no holy stun
    It's better to alternate adlo->physik instead of adlo spam
    Keep Aetherflow on cooldown, spending excess stacks on Energy Drain if you don't need to Lustrate.
    It's similar enough though, just weaker GCD heals for a couple extra oGCD heals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deviously Enchanted
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by YusiKha View Post
    It's better to alternate adlo->physik instead of adlo spam
    This is only true if you're sure you can keep ahead of healing. Because of the changes they made to adlo it is one of the best skills to spam because critting an adlo is a qualitative potency change from 675 to 1050. Base skill is 300 healing, 375 shield(galvanize).
    A crit adlo is 300 healing 375(galvanize) and 375(catalyze) shielding for 750 total shielding. This is simply the qualitative change that occurs due to the nature of how adlo interacts with crits, it does not include the actual 1.15x-1.5(not confirmed)
    (1.15 = 2,257) 1.5 = 2,625 total potency) crit bonus that effects healing and shielding. Also take note that the priority system of shielding works as such (Level 3)The Blackest Night > (Level 2) > Everything else excluding Catalyze) > (Level 1) Catalyze

What this means is if you actually need to spam adlo you probably won't be capping your target, the heal will go off and the shield will clip the next set of damage/autos to go out on the target. Eventually after you aldo enough and get a crit. It's at this point where spamming aldo becomes more efficient than spamming cure 2 or benefic 2 as long as the targets hp is not capped.

This is the scenario that occurs when spamming aldo directly after getting a crit. Damage will first clip a level 3 or 2 shield or the health if there wasn't a shield prior to the crit, applying another aldo that is not a crit will reapply galvanize(Level 2 shield) causing the next source of damage to clip the catalyze(Level 1 shield) directly underneath the galvanize(Level 2 shield) instead of the health. The next set of damage will clip the galvanize(Level 2 shield) you reapplied. If you crit it will most likely reapply catalyze due it taking chip damage from clips.

In conclusion because of the way aldo interacts with crits it is the best cure 2 equivalent to spam during constant damage when trying to top a person, with 100% efficiency as long as the actual 300 potency healing does not cap the target. If you want more efficiency you can stop spamming adlo after you get a crit as getting a double crit aldo in a row is a slight waste of potency depending on if you rolled high enough to immediately overwrite the previous one. Or after you get a crit adlo you can swap directly to physick and get more health and revert back to aldo once all the shielding is gone, you'll end up doing this when you run out of mana anyway.

TL;DR If a tank is getting shat on and the goal is to keep said tank alive, spam aldo(pop lucid when you have the intention to if it's not already on cd) and do not use physick until you run out of mana.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nethereal; 05-08-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Use Excogotation on cooldown and let it trigger. It's basically a 50% strength Benediction once every 45 seconds. Every other excog can be used with Recitation and this will fully heal a tank from 50% health when it's triggered. Even without Recitation it will heal most of the way. One quirk is if it hasn't run out, wait half a tick before refreshing it. There's a slight delay when it triggers due to running out of duration and if you use it the split second the cooldown is up it will clip the previous effect just before it triggers and you'll lose the new Excog because it doesn't overwrite.

Re: tanks taking more damage due to no holy stun.
    While technically this is true. Your tank's HP bar will move much less when you're on Scholar. Once you know boss fights, timing your shields and mitigation well you can even make most tank busters and party-wide damage (outside de of 8man raids) do next to nothing to HP bars. And what damage they do is easily covered by embrace and Whispering Dawn. Heavier hits or if you didn't mitigate can be easily handled with an Indom.

Emergency Tactics is not for emergencies. Or not just for, at any rate. It has a ridiculously short cooldown and will always be available whenever you want it. Swiftcast Adlo + ET Adlo is a good way to get someone's hp stabilized then healed if they're low on HP.

Lustrate is a last resort. You shouldn't need it due to the above. Excog, Indom, and Sacred Soil are all better options 99% of the time.

Despite all the complaints about pet clunkiness, your fairy is a powerful healing tool as long as it's not just being used as an Embrace-bot. Use Whispering Dawn often. I do it on cool down mostly. Every other one can be boosted with the fairy's buff and this is the best use of it. Seraph will get you through a full pull on her own, especially if making sure to line her cooldown up with Whispering Dawn and the buff. I use her on cool down mostly which works out to be every other trash pack and once or twice per boss. In raids you can save her for large damage phases. Knowing the fight really helps getting the most out of her. Fae Blessing is meh, but free since there's very little else to spend gauge on. I use it on cool down even if just need to heal the tank in a trash pull. Fey Union is powerful if you know you're only going to need to heal a single target, but only use it after you use Whispering Dawn. No point in a stronger Embrace if you lose the Regen.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mhaeric; 05-08-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aduro Terrarum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    MSQ Roulette first. Got Praetorium. Not a ton of healing required and there’s a second healer who can pick up my slack if I’m doing bad, while still giving me all my level 50 skills to check out and get a feel for. No one died. Yay us.

Leveling Roulette next gave me Tam Tam Tara. Alright, super low level dungeon to give me some training wheels learning. Actually I only have Psysick so not gonna get much learning here. Also that tank never seems to take damage. I see his health go down a bit occasionally but it just goes right back up. Dude‘s apparently got some crazy self healing I guess. I’m just living that green dps meme dream here. Half way thru the dungeon... Oh my god it’s my fairy that’s been healing him this entire time. That’s right, they do do that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deviously Enchanted
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Damage on tanks is extremely low pre 40. Just wait til they start pulling til the first boss(wall2wall). Stone vigil is where healers become men or stay bois. For newbie healers the adds are awful and all 3 bosses are awful.
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AduroT View Post
    MSQ Roulette first. Got Praetorium. Not a ton of healing required and there’s a second healer who can pick up my slack if I’m doing bad, while still giving me all my level 50 skills to check out and get a feel for. No one died. Yay us.

Leveling Roulette next gave me Tam Tam Tara. Alright, super low level dungeon to give me some training wheels learning. Actually I only have Psysick so not gonna get much learning here. Also that tank never seems to take damage. I see his health go down a bit occasionally but it just goes right back up. Dude‘s apparently got some crazy self healing I guess. I’m just living that green dps meme dream here. Half way thru the dungeon... Oh my god it’s my fairy that’s been healing him this entire time. That’s right, they do do that.
    Yeah, the fairy can solo heal all of the lower dungeons. Bosses will start needing you around Cutter's Cry/Qarn and Stone Vigil is about where you'll need to take a more active healing role during trash.
    (0)