Player
    Character
    Bugs Gunny
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80

EX Level dungeons

Was talking with some friends and i had this idea come to me of what could be possibly a great addition to ff14.

What I'd like to see is some harder 4 man content for folks to try their hand at. I feel something with like a Primal EX difficulty level but in dungeon form would be amazing for this.

It doesn't even need to be a whole new created dungeon in order to keep workload to a minimum but maybe add a roulette that could be updated every so often with a particular max level dungeon with Minimum ILevel set to on and maybe an additional debuff for the dungeon that made the content just that much harder to clear.

As for rewards, I was thinking maybe the same set of armor the dungeon would usually drop, but boosted up to the current EX item level. This would fill a slight niche in armor Ilevel with out stepping on savage gear's toes.

Its just a general idea so far but the more I think on it I keep coming up with more ideas to make this work. What do you all think? Do you have any ideas to add? I'd love to hear them ^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arle Oven
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 56
    There is technically something like that already. Palace of the Dead and Heaven on High were meant to be "harder content" for a team of 4 if you go for reaching the higher floors. I wouldn't consider it savage level in a party but it can be a little nerve racking sometimes if you get bad spawns.

Really though, if they give me more content in general, I'd be satisfied regardless. This is starting to feel more like Droughtbringers.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gula View Post
    Everyone thought it was Balmung but it was new Aether all along.

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    They said they aren't doing it because they think we wouldn't run them, despite it being a massive success in WoW and frequently being requested here. In their infinite wisdom they've decided what we really wanted was less dungeons, fishing on a big boat and to run old ARR trials synched up to 80 all over again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'd love more dungeons with more variety, but something's up with their dev team and corporate more than like. SE's corporate branch is notoriously awful for pulling almost all resources from one segment of development, once they've caused enough profit. Basically XIV is doing so well that their corporate side of things isn't giving them enough dev members to really keep up with what we used to get every major patch.

The first time they reduced number of dungeons we got from 3 to 2 in Heavensward they cited this. Then they reduced again in Stormblood, then saying that dungeons aren't fun for the battle team to design, that people don't like them or run them enough to justify making more, but don't worry you'll still get two every major patch... they'll just be staggered... which wound up not being true either.

I would love harder dungeons, but for everyone that says they wanted harder dungeons, there's 5 other people who wouldn't even consider touching them.
    (0)