Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Caya Luna
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 77
    I would instantly trade the neighbourhood aspect for a house that never gets demolished.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CayaLuna View Post
    I would instantly trade the neighbourhood aspect for a house that never gets demolished.
    Same here. I love my medium plot to pieces, and would never consider moving from it under the current system. But if I was given better options for an apartment that would make it the equivalent of my medium in terms of size with a yard of some kind and everything, I would not hesitate to give up my house.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    I've been wondering if this housing will be instanced too. The insistence that these houses are for Ishgardians displaced by the war was the first thing that made me speculate. With wards, the unlock quests state clearly that the houses are for adventurers only. Now we have a lot of npcs running around and those little quests where we help some people move in and others where we get to meet the residents.
    It feels like they have put too much work in for this to be mere flavour. Plus, it would be so sad if the orphans and war-displaced were unceremoniously booted out at the end of the reconstruction.
    "Sorry children, but we had to demolish the orphanage so this adventurer could build their Paissa House!"

So, I'm cautiously optimistic we might get something new with Ishgard. However, nothing definite has been said so far, in fact there hasn't been as much as a hint from the devs, so that 'something' doesn't have to be instanced housing. I really hope it is though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ein'sf Florr
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    After having done the little side quests there, the more I can't unsee The Nest is to be occupied by Ishgard citizens, and the WoL will be offered one free plot (instance house) as their appreciation for all our efforts. Is it a wishful thinking? Being too optimistic? It's hard to say since I prefer not to set any expectations on sensitive things like housing. But it really fits the lore so much!

(Additionally, I'm good enough to settle with apartment and FC room. Empty plots aren't so rare in my server too if I really want a house.)

As to answer your questions, I do not mind if SE went away from neighborhood concept for housing. I rarely see other players in the existing wards anyway. However, having the NPC as a potential neighbors would be refreshing... with occasional young dragons visiting the area.
    (5)
    Tumblr: taildippedinpaint

Player
    Character
    Nicodemus Mercy
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Questing in the Firmament seems to indicate that at least some of the plots are claimed by NPC's already. One of the mediums is an orphanage and one of the smalls has an NPC family living there. So perhaps the entirety of what we see right now will be NPC homes and any player housing there will indeed be instanced. I guess it's just a matter of time till we know for sure.
    (3)
    How many men am I involved with? Well that depends... do you mean men as in males? Or just midlanders?

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    you know you all are just winding yourselves up for a crashing disappointment lol
    (8)

Player
    Character
    R'lileen Min'enoth
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CayaLuna View Post
    +1

/ chars.....
    (3)
    Altoholic
    La normalité n'est que la moyenne de nos folies individuelles.
    Normality is just an average. I'm the weird, you're the bizarre.

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    you know you all are just winding yourselves up for a crashing disappointment lol
    Nope. I've been playing long enough to know that unless the devs explicitly state that something is happening, it's unwise to assume anything (e.g. male viera).
    I've said I'm hopeful we're going to get instanced housing and I am, but until we see what's on offer I won't expect it.

But no harm in making a thread to speculate and to say whether we'd welcome instanced housing. I've said numerous times that the neighbourhood doesn't hold any appeal for me. I get to see other people's outdoor furnishings and every week or so I get to wave at random person who might or might not be a neighbour; I just can't get excited about that.
    For me, the limitations that neighbourhoods impose don't outweigh or even match the benefits. I'd miss my view of the Mist seafront, but a house that wouldn't be subject to the demolition timer would be very appealing indeed. I'm not planning on taking a break, but lots of things can happen in a person's life to force one. If I was unable to log on for an extended period of time, it would be nice to know my house would still be there.
    (7)
    Last edited by Solarra; 06-12-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nicodemus Mercy
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I'm not really expecting anything out of the ordinary. I just find it interesting that what seem to be typical player housing plots are currently being used by NPC's. If the Firmament becomes player housing in the way we currently have it, will those NPC's be evicted? I might be wrong but I have a feeling that won't be the case.
    (0)
    How many men am I involved with? Well that depends... do you mean men as in males? Or just midlanders?

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus_Mercy View Post
    If the Firmament becomes player housing in the way we currently have it, will those NPC's be evicted? I might be wrong but I have a feeling that won't be the case.
    Agreed, it would be hard to imagine a scenario where evictions happened. I don't think that would go down well with players who have done the quests. As I said above, having several quests to meet and help those NPCs seems like an awful lot of work for a little temporary flavour. I think I'd feel a little upset if all the people we've met just disappeared one day.

If they are going to make normal housing wards, then I could see those NPCs appearing in the wards occasionally, which would breathe a little life into the housing districts, but that would still be an eviction in all but name. If the building that is now an orphanage were replaced by a player house, it would feel a bit strange to see the children running around. Similarly, it would be odd to see the families we helped to move in, if their house no longer exists.

To me, it definitely feels like they're going to do something different this time. However, much as I'd like it to be instanced housing, I won't start getting excited until there is an official announcement.
    (3)
    Last edited by Solarra; 06-13-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast