Player
    Character
    Peter Rabbit
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

When two tanks duel without dying... you know there is a problem

So I was dueling people at wolves den... I dueled someone as a gnb and he was also a gnb. We kept hitting each other and whenever we lost hp we just used a potion. This literally went on infinitely until one of us went out of the arena. This is ridiculous! Are you serious? This is pvp? This is fun? Wow, something is seriously broken here when two tanks can't even duel anymore because neither person will ever get past all the ridiculous healing abilities.

All the healing abilities for non-healers need to go away.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    PvP was never designed for 1v1 so no, that wouldn't be very fun.
    (7)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    atm balancing works like: let's try this out, this sounds good > frontline > feast > duelling

its a hot mess

you see you are the end, where nobody cares about it, it should look like this...

feast > duelling

frontline standalone (2nd traitsystem, aoe skills only needed here)

so go figure out how you put everything together and please all the players when you can't do that yet
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azakura Yasomori
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Easy solution, remove potions and add a skill as a dedicated heal and condi clear skill both on a 24 sec CD. Somthing like this just in pvp modes may work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycoprophet View Post
    Easy solution, remove potions and add a skill as a dedicated heal and condi clear skill both on a 24 sec CD. Somthing like this just in pvp modes may work.
    Or perhaps just have percentile mitigation also apply to effect duration? Voila, tanks don't spend their whole time getting CCed into oblivion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    The real problem is that people believed that PvP balance is based on 1 v 1.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    If a tank was able to kill another tank in a 1v1, I think then I'd know there is a problem.
    (4)
    FanGathering Mail Rail London Nov 2019 (✓)
    Lavigne#0001
    PvPaissa Staff - https://discord.gg/sUy86UC
    Leader of Reign Community (2004-Present)

Player
    Character
    Azakura Yasomori
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Well a player on a tank should be able to kill another tank if they out play them no?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mei Coincounter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    With all due respect, I feel absolutely no concessions in game design and job balance should be given to duels. We should make no job adjustments in the favour of duels and nothing about the power distribution of roles should take duels into account. We should focus on making the most compelling Feast possible first, then when that is satisfied see if we can ensure Frontline is as fun as possible without compromise to Feast. Given the jobs only have one kit for both, this is already spreading ourselves thin, and there's room for improvement.

Make no mistake: I don't want to come across as dismissive. If we think duels can provide some kind of compelling gameplay for people, I am amiable to cost-effective and harmless changes to make it more fun for those people. Maybe something like Medical Kits not working in duels or something? Since all the jobs share the same Medical Kit action it should be a relatively cheap solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycoprophet View Post
    Well a player on a tank should be able to kill another tank if they out play them no?
    Outplaying them how? I think there is a big misunderstanding here if we think a tank killing another tank is a sign of outplaying them, since that would imply tanks are balanced 1v1, and that your ability to kill another tank as a tank is an important skill. A useful skill, but kind of tertiary, and far from a sound evaluation of what makes a tank good or bad. Your mastery of a tank is demonstrated by your ability to control or disrupt the enemy team, peel for your allies, and assist your allies in focusing down key targets, of which the tank while a valid target isn't typically a priority.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sors Tyche
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Stop balancing pvp around casual content.
    (1)