Lavitz Orlandeau
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by yajnaji View Post
    Wanderer's palace
    *Wheeze* oh boy.....

So not defending the harassment you got but, you should have gone faster. And the other players should have told you why or if you did it before you should know why. The Tonberries.

Wander’s Normal is kind of the only dungeon in the game where it excepts you to go fast. Otherwise get Murdered by the giant Tonberry which I think still happens with the level syncing.

Again you didn’t deserve to get harassed but the game dealt you one bad dungeon to start tanking on.
    (8)
    Last edited by MerlinCross; 04-22-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    ...but I think I'm still entitled to play the game the way I want.
    You are entitled to play the game the way you want only to the extent you don't think the other 3 people are entitled to play the game how they want, when the two preferences come into conflict as per your example.

And why are you tanking for the first time at level 60 if you were worried about your inexperience? Even DRK would let you wade in by comparison.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Don’t give up just because you had people criticize you. You’ll never grow like that. Just go out there and fail over and over again. Who cares what people say in the text box? Minimize it and keep pulling those adds.

Look up some tank guides. It will give you the run down in what to do. Don’t be afraid to go outside your comfort zone. If you pull too much and I can’t heal you then know that I failed you. You’ll still get a comm from me because I like burning a million adds at once.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lavitz Orlandeau
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurrikhan View Post
    You are entitled to play the game the way you want only to the extent you don't think the other 3 people are entitled to play the game how they want, when the two preferences come into conflict as per your example.

And why are you tanking for the first time at level 60 if you were worried about your inexperience? Even DRK would let you wade in by comparison.
    I’m actually a tad worried about this going forward if we get a new tank or healer, jobs that might start at highe levels and thus start at a more difficult starting point for that role.

Yes we can see/feel that Tanking/Healing is stupid easy but a first time Tank/Healer in that DF level? What about the next one if they start at 60?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Combo Lammas
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinCross View Post
    I’m actually a tad worried about this going forward if we get a new tank or healer, jobs that might start at highe levels and thus start at a more difficult starting point for that role.

Yes we can see/feel that Tanking/Healing is stupid easy but a first time Tank/Healer in that DF level? What about the next one if they start at 60?
    GNB and DNC start at 60. The next expansions additions would most likely start at 70.
    BTW we already have people starting their very first job at 70 on any role and trying Holminster Switch as their first dungeon without any prior experience of party content thanks to jump potions. The stories I've read don't paint the prettiest of pictures of how well it works out. I believe the game just plops you in with no tutorial whatsoever but I'm not entirely sure as I have never seen what exactly happens when you use one.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Wanderer's palace.
    I pull the first group and stay there, they run pass me to the next group and start attacking them while saying what was above mentioned.
    Firstly - your description being ambiguous - then the very first group of tonberries in the Palace attacking the NPC adventurers are not supposed to be fought. They're more or less decorative and you're supposed to run past them to the first real group of enemies around the corner. New players do get caught out by it though.

Secondly, as MerlinCross said, you need to go fast in there because of the tonberry stalkers. You don't want to be caught by them, so players are likely to be anxious to keep moving and get as much of a head start as possible.

Thirdly, if they're suspecting you're a bot, then did you do anything to convince them otherwise? Type a message to them? Did they say anything prior to accusing you of being a bot?

While the insults are uncalled for, I would be suspecting a bot too if the tank was acting like that and didn't make any attempt to respond.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinCross View Post

Hopefully we'll eventually see systems requiring completion of X content, of at least half the level of whatever role-based task they'd be going into for the first time.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Mm, i'm a little suspicious about the way things went down here. People don't really whip out the "are you a bot?" just cause a tank is single pulling. Something else was going wrong here.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Kiro Isamu
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurrikhan View Post
    Hopefully we'll eventually see systems requiring completion of X content, of at least half the level of whatever role-based task they'd be going into for the first time.
    What if you just have to do a mandatory solo instance before you are allowed to use Duty Finder, in which you'd have to tank like you're supposed to in order to succeed? Maybe I'm biased because of experience but I really feel like you get the hang of tanking after 1 dungeon. Make the solo instance tough so you'll need to play your tanking role well (including cooldown) otherwise the instance fails. Instance will usually fail then a couple times if it's a new tank but that's how it should be and that's how they will learn. Also make it so the instance syncs your gear to a set value so your gear litterally has no effect.

Same for healers (also add a dps check for both tanks and healers so it's clear they should dps well too).

Some may never pass this instance, but that would just be evidence they shouldn't be allowed to tank or heal with PUGs.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRF View Post
    What if you just have to do a mandatory solo instance before you are allowed to use Duty Finder, in which you'd have to tank like you're supposed to in order to succeed?
    I mean, it could be anything, so long as it includes exposure to same stuff would see over the missing levels on, say, another tank (an earlier-level one, to be clear) -- solo-instance, Halls of the Journeyman, whatever, so long as it's got the stuff.
    (1)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast