Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Saucise Benbow
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    You'll just get ressed anyway. As long as 1 tank and 1 healer lives in normal you can recover from anything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten_kenbu View Post
    The larger problem is how to explain mechanics to a group that may or may not understand the language you use.

You can't possibly convey everything through the in-game translator.
    Yes, I hate them for not adding mob attacks to the auto-translation...

Just yesterday i had a MM ex party where the GNB MT wanted to use metorfall for the first TB and the OT kept sharing it after every wipe bc he didnt really understand him xD
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Uh, I'm confused by the OP's example. The first move where Ramuh drops 2 lightning rods IS the learning mode for that move. Every time after that, the move either occurs simultaneously with other mechanics or occurs in a multiple of 4 with very little room to stand out of the AoE. That first one with just the two rods is there to teach you that the small rod equals the safety zone.

All of the Eden bosses are like this, with each of the opening moves occurring solo or in simpler forms before being unleashed in tandem or with larger effects.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mhaeric; 05-05-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhaeric View Post
    All of the Eden bosses are like this, with each of the opening moves occurring solo or in simpler forms before being unleashed in tandem or with larger effects.
    Except for Flamewing mans' 270° cleave, which is telegraphed but still killed many of my groups xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    The only dungeons I do are the ones to complete the MSQ. Hate em.
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I can understand the frustrations of the OP, I've never liked mechanics where the outcome is completely binary (as in you either do it right or die) outside of Savage mode. Mistakes should be punishing and you should want to avoid them but I always preferred debuffs like damage down/vuln stacks where continued mistakes increase the likelihood of death/wipes rather than one mistake causing a death/wipe.

I'm fine with it in savage mode as dying over and over again until you master everything is what progression raiding is all about but that is fight dependent for me. Mastering E8S to get my clear was rough, meanwhile I actually enjoyed mastering E4S.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Undie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    is this a trollthread? One day 1 plenty of blind groups were able to kill his within 2 or max 3 pulls

theres literally nothing difficult about it >.>
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3