Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

Constant Disconnects Error 90002 - PLEASE READ

Server: Midgardsormr FFXIV Connection Server IP: 204.2.229.93

I have tried all of the solutions provided by SQUARE-Enix over the last week, and my issue is still not solved.

They didn't even read my ticket, and provided the same cookie cutter solution they posted to everyone with this issue in the forums, but IT DOES NOT WORK.

If you read my ticket, I've provided tests which prove it is on FFXIV server side. PLEASE research why this is happening.

1.) It is not network on my side, it is FFXIV side. There are multiple FFXIV players in the household that have ZERO disconnect issues, no matter what PC they play on. I get disconnected, sometimes 15 times AN hour, and it happens on every PC I play on.

2.) It is not a hardware/software/configuration issue with the PC. I am the only user in my household with the issue, and it doesnt matter which PC I use, and other users in my household play FFXIV on the same PC with no issues, so it is not a hardware/software/IE/Antivirus/etc issue on my end.

3.) It is not my ISP. I've run tracert, ping, and WinMTR, as well as monitor my network with Ubiquiti, and all show no issues. No new network changes have been made. And again, other members in my household play on the same network, on the same PC's, with the same configuration and they have not been disconnected once.

This proves the issue is not my network, or my local PC settings, or my ISP. If I am the only user in my household with this issue, and all other users use the same network, ISP, and PC's, it is a FFXIV issue.

PLEASE HELP! This issue of disconnects over 15 times an hour is making the game completely unplayable in the past week, and I am losing faith in playing the game. Any helpful guidance and actual research into this issue is greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SQUARE ENIX Tech Support Response (Same cookie cutter response as on other thread posts)

he issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Internet Explorer. Other times, it occurs when an application running in the background causes interference, such as anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, communications software, etc.

Additionally, an official Lodestone article was posted in regards to DDoS attacks on our servers that may have caused the connection issue you are referring to and may not have affected all players equally. Since April 14, the issue was resolved but we have provided further troubleshooting below in case you are still experiencing this issue.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference before attempting to log in.

Ensure that the latest version of Internet Explorer is installed on your PC (even if you don’t use Internet Explorer). Please do not use Microsoft Edge for these steps, as that is a different Internet platform.
    Once Internet Explorer is up-to-date, please open the Internet Explorer browser’s “Internet Options” by clicking on the “Tools” option (or type Alt+X), then click on the “Internet options” setting. Please adjust the following settings:

- Under the General tab, please delete ALL browsing history by clicking on the “Delete…” button, then selecting all of the options and clicking “Delete” again.
    - Under the Security tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible setting, or no higher than “Medium.”
    - Under the Privacy tab, look for the Settings section and click on “Advanced,” then Accept First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies, then check the box that says, “Always allow session cookies” and click OK.
    - Under the Advanced tab, look for the Settings section and scroll towards the bottom of the list and check on the setting under Security for “Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid.”
    - Under the same section, make sure that all ‘Use TLS’ options (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are checked. [Use SSL 3.0 should be unchecked]

Hit “Apply” then “OK” to save the changes.
    Please RESTART your PC now.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select “Run as Administrator.” This option can also be set permanently by Right-Clicking on the FFXIV launcher icon, selecting Properties, then under the Compatibility tab, check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator” and clicking OK.

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, there may be a communication error.

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

*You may learn how to do this by visiting http://www.portforward.com/
    Find your specific router's brand and model number from the 'List of Routers' and you will be provided a step-by-step guide on how to access these port settings.
    Otherwise, your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

If you have properly configured your router, and you are still experiencing these issues, our next suggestion is to bypass the router, and connect your computer directly to your modem. Please ensure that you power down both the modem and the computer for at least five minutes before attempting to connect to FINAL FANTASY XIV.

If you continue to receive these same errors when you are connected directly to the modem, then the problem lies with your ISP. We would recommend contacting your provider and advising them that one or more of the ports previously provided to you are being blocked or filtered, and that you do need access on these ports.

Thank you,
    Alex
    SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
    (0)
    Last edited by DoomAngel; 04-21-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Details below show no issues with latency in routed network at all:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | WinMTR statistics |
    | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
    |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
    | myhome.mynetwork.com - 0 | 199 | 199 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0
    | myisp.mynetwork.com - 0 | 199 | 199 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 2 |
    | h69-128-253-104.69-128.unk.tds.net - 0 | 199 | 199 | 7 | 7 | 9 | 8 |
    | chi-b21-link.telia.net - 0 | 199 | 199 | 6 | 7 | 9 | 7 |
    | ae-25.r08.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 199 | 199 | 7 | 7 | 9 | 9 |
    | ae-0.r21.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 199 | 199 | 6 | 9 | 62 | 7 |
    | ae-5.r22.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 199 | 199 | 58 | 59 | 81 | 59 |
    | ae-19.r01.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 199 | 199 | 62 | 62 | 67 | 63 |
    | ae-4.r00.scrmca02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 199 | 199 | 62 | 62 | 66 | 62 |
    |xe-0-1-0-1-1.r00.scrmca02.us.ce.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 199 | 199 | 62 | 63 | 66 | 64 |
    | 204.2.229.234 - 0 | 199 | 199 | 62 | 62 | 64 | 63 |
    | 204.2.229.93 - 0 | 199 | 199 | 62 | 62 | 65 | 62 |
    |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
    WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
    (0)
    Last edited by DoomAngel; 04-18-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    The server my account connects to is 204.2.229.93, per windows TCP/IP connection details for ffxiv_dx11.exe in Resource Monitor. This is the account having disconnects every few min.

Another member in the household who plays FFXIV, the server they connect to is 204.2.229.87, per Windows TCP/IP connection details for ffxiv_dx11.exe in Resource Monitor. This account has no issues, and is in the same network, with the same ISP, etc.

Hope this helps troubleshoot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Helspeth Asagiri
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I'm pretty much having the same issues, and it only started this week. I've been playing this game for 3 months and never had a single problem. Now it's a nightly thing with this 2002 and 90002 errors. I can connect to everything else in the world, except the game server. Lodestone, Mogstation, Forums, other games such as League of Legends, all websites, zero issues. It's just the lobby and game server. I don't know if my character is bugged or what the problem is, and it's getting extremely frustrating.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Same here. Just in the past 10 days or so. Sometimes get disconnected with 90002 error every min or two, or at most every 15-20 min now. Been playing for years, and never had this happen, now it is completely unplayable.

FFXIV needs to look into this, since it's affecting a decent amount of people.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eastrea Vardina
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I've also been running into the same problem where specifically it seems to be 5 minutes after logging in I get disconnected. During those 5 minutes I can play perfectly fine without any noticable lag but all of a sudden I d/c with the 90002 error.

I can immedietly log in afterwards regardless but I can't seem to stay logged in for anything longer than that. Kinda regretting I resubbed at this point.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Getting disconnected 10-15 times a PVP match at minimum..... cant do any dungeons/trials/raids without making teammates angry from D/C.

.....completely unplayable game right now... HELP PLEASE!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by DoomAngel; 04-20-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Help please!!! It has been over 2 weeks since the game is unplayable for me. I'm paying money for this, and would like to play the game again soon.

Is anyone looking into this issue?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eastrea Vardina
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Looks like either

A. They're not able to fix this quickly because everything has been slowed to a crawl because of the rona. Which is unfortunate because everyone with this issue just got screwed over with their subscription

B. Not enough examples of this issue to determine it's a server side issue and they have not done anything.

Eitherway I cant verify if I have the same issue as you since I don't have other PC's that can run FF14 to test. So I'ma reimage my PC and hopefully that does something.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skan Dranon
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 63
    I have the same problem. It started after the weekly maintenance on the 7th. It seems to happen more often, when you checked, that you want to skip all the videos you havbe already seen. After I unchecked the box, it only happens about 2-3 times a day. Before that, I disconneted each time I would skip a video.
    I hope that helps a bit.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast