Thread: Leveling a WHM

Player
    Character
    Esther Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    As a WHM you have the usual one dot, one nuke plus Presence of Mind, Assize and Afflatus Misery in order of acquisition.
    Since you're pretty much immortal as a healer I just pulled as many mobs as I could reach without them resetting with my dot and then Holy spammed them to death at 45+. Faster and at least slightly more fun. But you're not going to get some exciting gameplay changes in regards to dps down the raid. At level 4 you have both skills and from then on, nothing really changes.
    At really low levels, CNJ/ WHM hits harder than most dps but you fall behind the closer you get to HW when dps get higher potencies and more skils.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Red Rider
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I still don't get why Aero III had to go while the literal useless button *COUGH COUGH* Fluid Aura *COUGH* is still there...and it was nerfed to boot!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Matic Zanleer
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    this your all first MMO? in many MMOs this is how pure healers level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yesunova Hotgo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcann View Post
    this your all first MMO? in many MMOs this is how pure healers level.
    I mean...yes? Nicely dismissive there my friend. Let's counter it with my MMO experience as a guy who almost always plays a healer.

My time playing WoW, it was Cataclysm. My Holy Paladin had more to do. Throw in CC's and damage buffs, even more
    SWTOR? My Seer Jedi Sage had more to do. Throw in CC's, as it's a CC heavy game, it gives to a variety of options you can use in your downtime.
    FFXI? Loads at my disposal as a SCH healer in my downtime.
    Archeage? I did a mix of a healer, bard and some DPS I cannot remember off the top of my head, filled healer shoes with plenty more to do in my downtime.
    GW2? All right, this is a stretch, but Guardian, I filled the healer shoes, lots of fun stuff to do.
    FFXIV: ARR? I had more to do as SCH main than I feel I do now. It didn't feel like spamming the same ability over and over. Though even FFXIV: ARR healer downtime wasn't amazing then, but better than what we have now and enough to not cause complaint.

In each of these MMO's leveling as a healer felt much less of a drag.
    In this very MMO, back when I started leveling as a healer felt much less of a drag.

Sure in each MMO the healer DPS experience is usually lesser versus an actual DPS experience , that is to be expected, but /how/ lesser is variable and is usually better than what we have at the moment.
    (8)
    Last edited by Saefinn; 04-18-2020 at 05:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    A'ver Snow
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Leveling as a healer isn't so bad. The MSQ is like 90% back and forth quests or just have you kill 3 mobs here and there, and there's a dungeon every couple levels.

And WHM does solid damage among all the healers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiro Isamu
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AduroT View Post
    I wish they gave a proc off of Stone, some X% change that when you cast Stone you can now cast like Water or something, just to give you some minor thing to watch for and a different button to press.
    Honestly 1 dps proc for healers would make a world of difference I think. It's why Archer is imo the most fun job for lower levels (e.g. Sastasha). It got a DoT and that Straight Shot proc.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vitreus Hyalus
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AduroT View Post
    I wish they gave a proc off of Stone, some X% change that when you cast Stone you can now cast like Water or something, just to give you some minor thing to watch for and a different button to press.
    I'd like them to include the other elements into our damage rotation. Water might as well not exist.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celes Bradford
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I wish there where more stats like darkness and light. Fire and Ice, Wind and lighting. Just as the previous FF. Holy is a joke most of the time. And the only nuke we have takes too much time to regenerate. Having different kind of damage and shield would make things more interesting.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yule Xiv
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Initially I was worried about the DPS part of WHM, because I could already tell it was much slower than the War classes I tried to start with.

At some point in the journey, maybe around level 30 or 40, I stopped being worried. The pace is not so bad. Or perhaps because I was playing on an XP boosted server for new characters. Yes, the WHM dps is slower... but viable... and once I got Stone III or Stone IV, paired with Holy, I did not mind the questing at all. I also crafted my weapon and gear to make sure my item level was maxed out every 20 levels.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Look forward to the next expansion for more exciting Healer changes because everyone around the globe feels the same way about healer DPS skills as you do. They are boring but they work. Enjoy the queue time and the special WHM mount.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast