Player
    Character
    Elden Divus
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 66

I get a 90002 error every 10 min

So I am playing for about 4 weeks and never had a problem till now since this morning I get a 90002 error and dc every 10 min
    Things I done:
    Rest my PC and router
    checking tracert 195.82.50.46 and every stop is ok with a ping of 69ms in the end.
    Making sure my IE has the right settings cuz I saw a post about it

I really hope I can get some help here cuz I love the game and dont wont to get forced to stop play

-louisoix

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms myhome.mynet []
    2 66 ms 201 ms 200 ms bzq-179-37-1.cust.bezeqint.net []
    3 13 ms 11 ms 11 ms 10.250.1.14
    4 24 ms 12 ms 23 ms bzq-25-77-14.cust.bezeqint.net []
    5 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms bzq-179-124-85.cust.bezeqint.net []
    6 66 ms 66 ms 67 ms bzq-179-124-74.cust.bezeqint.net []
    7 69 ms 69 ms 69 ms ae8.cr1-fra2.ip4.gtt.net []
    8 69 ms 70 ms 79 ms et-0-0-5.cr2-fra6.ip4.gtt.net []
    9 70 ms 68 ms 68 ms ffm-b1-link.telia.net []
    10 69 ms 69 ms 72 ms kddi-ic-319844-ffm-b1.c.telia.net []
    11 69 ms 68 ms 68 ms 195.82.61.14
    12 69 ms 68 ms 68 ms 195.82.50.234
    13 69 ms 69 ms 69 ms 195.82.50.46
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

It looks like you are having some trouble on your second hop. For some reason, you are getting around 200 ms there but not anywhere else. Are you connected to your router wirelessly, or by using an Ethernet cable?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elden Divus
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 66
    I am using Ethernet cable
    (0)

4. 04-10-2020 07:34 AM

Thank you for the reply AlonKeydar.

If you continue to have connectivity issues, then I'd suggest trying some of the following:

1) Try resetting your router by turning it off, then back on after a few minutes.

2) Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that they have been opened:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040
    Your ISP can open these ports for you.

3) Try a clean boot. Simply open the task manager and select the 'Start up' tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. This will make sure that no background processes are interfering with the game.

4) The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I'm having this same issue, and of course getting the cookie cutter response from SQUARE ENIX saying it's our computer/network/ISP fault, even though it is clearly an FFXIV server issue.

Maybe if we get enough people to complain about this issue, they'll look into it, versus pasting the same response telling the users to check our settings.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    If it's the same issue as me, it is 100% a FFXIV game/server issue that Square Enix needs to fix. I've included some troubleshooting I've done below to prove this, hoping others can try as well, and give as much data to Square to help troubleshoot.

I have 2 different PC's on the same network. On one PC, I did ALL of the suggestions Square recommended, reinstalled the game, ran network diagnostics, etc. On another PC, none of the changes, and yet I still have the issue on both PC's.

Interestingly and what proves it's FFXIV server/game issue, is that on both PCs, other members of the household have ZERO issues playing FFXIV on their accounts. No disconnects ever. Not once. And when I look at resource monitor server connections for both accounts, they connect to different IPs, even though we are both on Midgardsormr server.

Also, I've run resource monitor on Windows that tracks the TCP connections to FFXIV servers, and when I get disconnected... it records 0 packet loss, and 0 latency issues. My max latency is a cool 65ms, and I'm halfway across the country on a fiber connection. (Windows Key + r, type in 'resmon' then enter to run Resource Monitor, then look under TCP Connections and find ffxiv_dx11.exe to see the server / connection details.

While I'm sure there are people who do have client/ISP issues, I have concrete proof that my issue is a FFXIV server/game issue. But unfortunately I haven't been able to get a support rep's response to dig into it, even though I've reached out via Support Ticket, GM Ticket, and these forums in the last week.

Hopefully my troubleshooting can help you with yours as well, and Square Enix can use to resolve this. Good luck!
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)