Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's probably already been mentioned but spell/skill speed can really mess up rotations. PLD for example has a very tight rotation that can be thrown off very easily. If they were to bring it back, it would have to buff something else. But personally, I would like to see AST stay as the buffer healer and have their playstyle changed so that cards are on the GCD and buffing party members leads to more rDPS than casting Malefic (which would only be used when nobody needed a card buff) so that we can have "the healer that feels like a full support job."

I think SCH should move into being "the healer that feels like a tactical DPS debuffer."
    • More oGCD healing: be given more fairy heals.
    • Give all fairy heals instant recast times and instead have them all cost cost Fairy Gauge points.
    • Let them accumulate Fairy Gauge even with Dissipation up.
    • Seraph should be a direct buff to all fairy heals instead of providing 1 ability.

Then, SCH can get a gameplay where they apply Chain Strategem, Bio and Miasma (maybe even a third DoT, Poison?) and simultaneously have Broil's potency be increased by the DoTs that they have active on an enemy (SMN's old trait that was removed) while also reducing their durations so you are spamming Broil less. Say for every 3 Broils cast, you need to reapply your DoTs. Should the situation demand GCD healing, your DoTs will still be ticking so no potency is actually lost. But, most of your healing and shielding will be coming from your fairy and your Aetherflow charges.
    (3)
    Last edited by MartaDemireux; 05-12-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxCh40s View Post
    I've played Scholar since 2.3; have just as much experience. There is just no flat out way that you can say you could get through the larger pulls without eating your fairy and needing the extra 3 stacks of Lustrate.

I'm not trying to be mean, but in AF gear, it just wasnt possible while GCD casting and not doing DPS via Art of War and six stacks of Aetherflow for Lustrate, even using one of those stacks for SS (which you should as it was Damage reduction and regen).

Regardless.
    Not sure what you're talking about. The AF gear part is throwing me off.

In any event, my post still stands, you don't have enough downtime between pulls for out of combat AF to make much of a difference. And that can easily be offset with dissipate. So yes, you should eat your fairy, even if you outgear the content. That's what I've been saying from the start.

If you're talking about leveling in the early days then, yes it could be rough. But again, AF out of combat wouldn't make a significant difference. If you're talking about early days cap level dungeons (since you mentioned AF gear) then that content was easy from day 1, even wall to wall. Each dungeon had/has one pack that required a bit of focus but that was it. And gcd healing was an option. It then got easier as gear progression advanced.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5