Player
    Character
    Aileen Pureheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Dev proposal - The Grand Roulette

I was thinking that in order to give us more variety of dungeons to do at the maximum level, it would be nice to have them reverse the level sync for once. That is, make a "Grand Roulette" option where you can get any dungeon that exists but its synced to the maximum level. The loot from the dungeon would be what is normally offered and the tomes given would be similar to the Expert.

Imagine doing some of your favorite older dungeons as a max level but everything else is scaled up to your level.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Kiro Isamu
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    YES PLEASE. I like doing dungeons just for fun and this roulette would get me to play the game so much more.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    K'rheya Tia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Not gonna happen. Roulettes primarily exist to fill up parties for people who are queuing for existing content. EXP and tome rewards are merely an incentive for us to run roulettes and thus help these players clear, not the main goal.

A roulette like this wouldn't serve to help with this at all - in fact if the rewards were good, it would take people away from the "useful" ones - and on top of that, would require dev work in order to re-scale every single dungeon for max level each expansion. Not to mention, we'd still steamroll these dungeons with gear unless they'd either sync down to min ilvl per expansion - which people would likely complain about, since the purpose is to sync up - or devs would need to re-scale everything each tier, which is even more work.

However, for variety I'd be all for removing the current "max level" roulette and giving its rewards to the 50/60/70(heck, boost them even, this roulette really needs more traffic), while keeping all current max-level dungeons in Expert for the whole expansion, so it's not just 2 dungeons over and over.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Aileen Pureheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The reason I proposed this is to give us something to do on a daily basis with hopefully minimal dev effort and the side effect would be keeping people subbed. The rewards are mostly the tomes and the reverse sync would make it like your doing it on level but you have all of your max level skills and abilities. This is in addition to the existing roulettes but I have to admit, as a dungeon lover, this would be more enjoyable than the same two expert dungeons for months on end. The pool of dungeons that this can draw from is over 100!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    At first I thought this was a suggestion to make a sort of mentor roulette-style roulette for regular players where everything you have unlocked got put in a single roulette (likely excluding EX and Savage, of course). I'm disappointed that that's not the case.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    people just want this kind of thing because now they're stuck at home with too much time on their hands
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'rheya Tia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    At first I thought this was a suggstion to make a sort of mentor roulette-style roulette for regular players where everything you have unlocked got put in a single roulette (likely excluding EX and Savage, of course). I'm disappointed that that's not the case.
    They should really just make mentor roulette free for everyone who has all the required content unlocked - it's not like it's there for mentors to actually help besides making queues shorter and it could slightly reduce the amount of mentors who're only in it for the mount. Move EXes to a separate roulette while at it, so EU/NA players stop getting stuck in pointless trap parties, while still leaving an option for JP players since they do actually run these via DF afaik.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Johnathan Riftborne
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Oh yay, more thousand-maws... /s

Good idea, there are a lot of older dungeons I would like to play more but dont get often but we all know it would detract from the reason the leveling roulette even exists.
    (2)
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Lord Of The Rings

"Guess I should've brought sea-salt ice-cream huh?" -Axel, Kingdom Hearts III

"Goodbye then, be safe friend, and don't you dare go hollow..." -Greirat, Dark Souls 3

Player
    Character
    Alpha Lupi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I think OP forgot about the joys of aurum vale...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiro Isamu
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsrking5 View Post
    I think OP forgot about the joys of aurum vale...
    I love Aurumn Vale tbh, it's chaotic and tricky to get past that first room with PUGS and makes for funny and different interactions, something different from the average faceroll dungeon run. I feel like it's just become a meme to hate on Aurumn Vale.

That and people tend to hate instances that gets you in uncomfortable or chaotic situations, imo that's when game gets most fun and alive but I guess I'm in minority with that opinion..
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast