Player
    Character
    Gat Mizuki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 39

Continuous 9002, 2002, 9006 error code.

I just bought this game and have only played for about 3 days. In those 3 days I have not been able to play the game for longer than 30mins. I am getting sent back to main menu screen from anywhere between 3sec after login to 30mins max if I am lucky. I did some research and changed the internet settings as suggested by support and made sure there was no running apps in background and ensured my virus protection was not interfering. I also run the game as administrator but still no success in playing the game without being interrupted. 9002 error is the most common one I run into during game then trying to log back in I at times get 2002 then I have to re-launch the game.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

When exactly did this start happening? Do you recall anything changing/updating on your PC that coincides with this?

What have you tried in order to alleviate the issue aside from what you have already mentioned?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gat Mizuki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 39
    This started happening the moment I started playing the game. So since the first day I started playing the game I have been logged out on average about 50 times a day (not exaggerated).

The only change to my computer was that I downloaded the game other than that I have not had to do an update.

Other things I have tried:

-Resetting my router
    -Restarting my computer
    -Renewing ipconfig

This problem does not only effect myself but when I am participating as a tank in a dungeon and I get disconnected I am sure it does not sit well with the other players.
    (0)

Thank you for the reply Gatagonia.

I'd suggest trying some of the following:

1) If you are connecting to your router using a wireless connection, try connecting using an Ethernet cable.

2) Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that they have been opened:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040
    Your ISP can open these ports for you.

3) Try a clean boot. Simply open the task manager and select the 'Start up' tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. This will make sure that no background processes are interfering with the game.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gat Mizuki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 39
    I sent a message to my ISP yesterday to open those ports because I could not see them using "netstat -a". They have not responded yet but I was able to play for 2 hours today until 9002 kicked me off. That is much better than the constant 2 to 3 mins I was experiencing last night.

I may switch ISP in the near future but I will keep this thread updated if conditions go back to the way they were or improve.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Do you know what IP/Server your game is connects to? May help the support team troubleshoot.

While playing the game and logged in, alt-Tab to go back to Windows, press Windows-R to run a command, type in resmon to start Windows Resource Monitor. Under the Network bar look for ffxiv_dx11.exe, and the server your computer is connected to is listed under 'address'. It is also seen under 'TCP Connections' and Remote Address.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doom Angel
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    If it's the same issue as me, it is 100% a FFXIV game/server issue, and not ISP/client based. While some users may indeed have network issues, mine and other players with similar posts, are definitely not.

To test if your issue is ISP based, you can run tracert to your game server (to find out which server, you can use Windows Resource Monitor, instructions below) If you see any packet loss or massive latency (>400-500ms), it's possibly network related. If you don't have Packet Loss or Latency issues, and all the FFXIV support suggestions don't work, you may have the same issue as me.

I have 2 different PC's on the same network. On one PC, I did ALL of the suggestions Square recommended, reinstalled the game, ran network diagnostics, etc. On another PC, none of the changes, and yet I still have the issue on both PC's.

Interestingly and what proves it's FFXIV server/game issue, is that on both PCs, other members of the household have ZERO issues playing FFXIV on their accounts. No disconnects ever. Not once. And when I look at resource monitor server connections for both accounts, they connect to different IPs, even though we are both on Midgardsormr server.

Also, I've run resource monitor on Windows that tracks the TCP connections to FFXIV servers, and when I get disconnected... it records 0 packet loss, and 0 latency issues. (Windows Key + r, type in 'resmon' then enter to run Resource Monitor, then look under TCP Connections and find ffxiv_dx11.exe to see the server / connection details.

While I'm sure there are people who do have client/ISP issues, I have concrete proof that my issue is a FFXIV server/game issue. But unfortunately I haven't been able to get a support rep's response to dig into it, even though I've reached out via Support Ticket, GM Ticket, and these forums in the last week.

Hopefully my troubleshooting can help you with yours as well, and Square Enix can use to resolve this. Good luck!
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)