Player
    Character
    Roderik Odelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

[Request/Feedback?] Eden's Verse(Savage) and Colorblindness

So, I'm not entirely sure how colorblind mode works in this game.
    And I do have it on.
    But.
    It's not exactly working.

Personally I have Tritanopia (Blue/Yellow) Colorblindness.
    This Tier (Eden's Verse) has been an absolute mess in my eyes.

Furor and Refulgence giving me the worst time.

In Furor,
    Many of Garuda's mechanics are straight up invisible to me; namely Ferostorm. I've had to entirely rely on another member of my static to not to be cleaved. Thank you Bubbly.

Iconoclasm, has less issues, but the orbs during Tornado phase at the end tend to blend in.

Then we get to Refulgence. (Mind you my static JUST got to this fight)
    Why.
    Why in the world is everything still Blue? (Confirmed by non-colorblind static members.)
    Then, as Light Rampart comes up.
    Why is it still Yellow?
    I can sorta see the tethers. Orbs are invisible. Towers are sometimes ok.
    And then we blow up.

Even with the colorblind filter all the way up to 100.
    I just, can't see.

We'll get passed this regardless of if any changes are made, but oh boy is it absolutely terrifying to leave your (albeit digital) life in the hands of someone else, that isn't your healers, just to play certain fights.

Though to be fair I couldn't see very well back in Akh Afah Amphitheatre either.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Avi Taro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Idk if it helps even a little, but personally I'm not even colorblind and Furor is a freaking nightmare on my eyes. I can barely see the cleaves, and didn't even know there were swords indicating where they'd be going until somebody pointed it out. Add to that that looking to the side of the arena after they fuse is literally nauseating, and you've got what I'm pretty sure is my least favorite fight in the entire game.

Would love a way to at least turn down certain effects, or somehow make aoe affects more visible - higher contrast maybe?? Or just wish they'd stop using AoEs that blend into the arenas.

Hope they can improve colorblind options for you too. Dunno how good they actually are here but it sounds like they could maybe use some help.
    (0)
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    i would agree that we need a way to turn down enemy effects my group is in e8s and messing up light rampant can be really hard to tell what happen due to the sudden burst of light on your screen
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nana Wiloh
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Avidria View Post
    Idk if it helps even a little, but personally I'm not even colorblind and Furor is a freaking nightmare on my eyes. I can barely see the cleaves, and didn't even know there were swords indicating where they'd be going until somebody pointed it out. Add to that that looking to the side of the arena after they fuse is literally nauseating, and you've got what I'm pretty sure is my least favorite fight in the entire game.

Would love a way to at least turn down certain effects, or somehow make aoe affects more visible - higher contrast maybe?? Or just wish they'd stop using AoEs that blend into the arenas.

Hope they can improve colorblind options for you too. Dunno how good they actually are here but it sounds like they could maybe use some help.
    Colorblindness is one of those problems where if you fix it for one person and you make it worse for another. Its a double edge sword with no way to win..
    (1)
    Note: Taking advice from a players alt, is like taking advice from a voice in a dark room. Criticism is a two way street remember that!!

Player
    Character
    Avi Taro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWiloh View Post
    Colorblindness is one of those problems where if you fix it for one person and you make it worse for another. Its a double edge sword with no way to win..
    Genuine question, but why? It seems like the solution would be to keep current options and then add additional options so people can tweak the settings more than they can now, unless I'm missing something here.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tea Cakes
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It would be nice if they added settings to adjust for different types of colorblindness. So click the setting that works for you, then adjust the level on that setting.

I really hope this is a QoL change they implement, OP. Sounds super annoying/stressful, particularly as a raider.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    i would agree that we need a way to turn down enemy effects my group is in e8s and messing up light rampant can be really hard to tell what happen due to the sudden burst of light on your screen
    There is no big burst of light going out unless you fail the mechanics. Unless people are standing where the orbs spawn when they spawn, there should be no immediate burst of faily light. You have 10 seconds to get chains in position before they can break.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Roderik Odelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Avidria View Post
    Genuine question, but why? It seems like the solution would be to keep current options and then add additional options so people can tweak the settings more than they can now, unless I'm missing something here.
    We do Luckily have 3/7 of the type of Colorblind filters.
    Protonopia | Deuteranopia | Tritanopia.
    In theory lowering the filter would cover their -nomaly forms too. (Thus 6/7)
    But what can happen if someone has say Protoanomaly and still sorta see red, when you have something accounting for Protonopia things can be sorta messy because it's not an absolute.

And I'm not entirely sure how they'd manage a Achromatopsia filter. Though that could help in general for all sorts of colorblindness in theory, if you're not dealing with colors at all.

While there is a strength of the filter (0-100), sometimes I feel like it's less the colors themselves that's the problem, and more the saturation and contrast.
    Like if people who can see normally are having issues seeing the effects. It can't just be a color thing right?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Avi Taro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderik View Post
    We do Luckily have 3/7 of the type of Colorblind filters.
    Protonopia | Deuteranopia | Tritanopia.
    In theory lowering the filter would cover their -nomaly forms too. (Thus 6/7)
    But what can happen if someone has say Protoanomaly and still sorta see red, when you have something accounting for Protonopia things can be sorta messy because it's not an absolute.

And I'm not entirely sure how they'd manage a Achromatopsia filter. Though that could help in general for all sorts of colorblindness in theory, if you're not dealing with colors at all.

While there is a strength of the filter (0-100), sometimes I feel like it's less the colors themselves that's the problem, and more the saturation and contrast.
    Like if people who can see normally are having issues seeing the effects. It can't just be a color thing right?
    Ahh okay, that makes sense, thanks.

And yeah I agree, I definitely think it's more than just a color thing. I've never struggled with screen effects and actually seeing mechanics at all in any other game before this - barring maybe Aion in large scale pvp battles, which I never played with a computer that could handle it anyway :P screen clutter and flashy abilities being a big part of it. But I've also literally had multiple fights where I had to actively look for a mechanic marker that I knew was supposed to be there because it was just genuinely hard to see.
    (1)