Player
    Character
    Aduro Terrarum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80

Healing complexity really seems to jump in Stormblood.

Working my way thru the MSQ, have played DPS up to 66, decided to try Healer for awhile and leveled up a White Mage thru Roulettes to play for awhile. 1-50, super easy. 50-60, still pretty easy. Did, uh, I already forgot the name of it, the dungeon in the Au Rah nomads lands where you get the big bird mount. That place was crazy. Felt like the tank was taking damage faster. More party wide damage. So much moving around. Was having to fire off so many more abilities than I ever had before. I was a mess. We got thru it, but did wipe on both the buffalo and bird bosses once each.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The bird boss does pack some punch for a leveling dungeon.
    Kv70 dungeon should be quite easy as people will be overgeared.

Then you'll discover ShB leveling dungeon. Tbf they do hurt , especially if the tank is undergrad

Best luck and have fun
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evelynn Outreguerlain
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I believe you're speaking about Bardams Mettle, or w/e it's called. It's moreso the exception rather than the rule. Most dungeons are really simple and aren't hard as any healer, but there are a few that are notorious for being rough on healers, namely Aurum Vale and Bardam's. I wouldn't worry about it too much, most dungeons in Stormblood aren't any harder than ARR.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lavitz Orlandeau
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    They usually sneak in a dungeon, maybe two, to test healers and Tanks. Bardam Mettle is one of the dungeons for Stormblood.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aduro Terrarum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    Oh, if it’s just a particularly crazy dungeon then I don’t feel too bad. Haven’t done Vale as healer yet, but it never really bothered me as DPS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Bartam's, until your tank and dps get good, feel as healing did back in much of early ARR. Not necessarily a bad thing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aduro Terrarum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    Oh, I’m not really complaining about the tank, he’s definitely the one who knew what was going on the best. Would have been nice to have been warned about various mechanics Before they killed us, but he stuck with me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nephie Elz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AduroT View Post
    Working my way thru the MSQ, have played DPS up to 66, decided to try Healer for awhile and leveled up a White Mage thru Roulettes to play for awhile. 1-50, super easy. 50-60, still pretty easy. Did, uh, I already forgot the name of it, the dungeon in the Au Rah nomads lands where you get the big bird mount. That place was crazy. Felt like the tank was taking damage faster. More party wide damage. So much moving around. Was having to fire off so many more abilities than I ever had before. I was a mess. We got thru it, but did wipe on both the buffalo and bird bosses once each.
    It's like this every expansion to accommodate the gutting of skills and to rush new players into the new areas. HW and ARR were definitely not as easy or boring as they are ATM when they were released, and it's like a discussion topic due to some players not knowing basic mechanics like "killing adds" or "get behind the rock" et cetera
    (3)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewwwwwww, it's all glowwy again!

Player
    Character
    Yesunova Hotgo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MPNZ View Post
    It's like this every expansion to accommodate the gutting of skills and to rush new players into the new areas. HW and ARR were definitely not as easy or boring as they are ATM when they were released, and it's like a discussion topic due to some players not knowing basic mechanics like "killing adds" or "get behind the rock" et cetera
    Yep, and lower levels aren’t so balanced, it used to be that you were gradually eased into the role based on how your skills were appropriate for the content you are doing, but it seems it’s easy and then you hit a healer check. Healers checks are normal, they were back in ARR too, but i think you learned more from interim dungeons as a lot of low level content these days is just a face roll.

So if you hit those, don’t feel too bad, these sorts of experiences make you a better healer. As you learn to handle them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The *5 dungeon of a given expansion is usually where things ramp up a bit. A lot of people try to sneak through the entire expansion using tomestone gear from the previous expansion, and this is where it starts to show its rust.
    (0)