Player
    Character
    Koil Megatherion
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90

What is he referring to? (SPOILERS)

New player, going through Stormblood right now and just finished Yanxia region.

After the duty where we confront Zenos for the second time, there's an cutscene where he says something like "I shouldn't expect less from the conqueror of Bahamut".

Just yes or no (try to spoil the least possible): is this related to the Coils of Bahamut? Because that's the ONLY instance I skipped (all of it) so far since there was no one at all in queue.

Thank you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Right, he was referring to the WoL being the 'Eikon Slayer' that eats Primals for breakfast (as far as the Garleans believe), and yes, that includes Bahamut. Information about the player's exploits were being constantly funnelled back to Garlemald through Zenos's forces in Ala Mhigo by Eorzean spies like Roalie, so he knows everything we've done, including our very lofty reputation.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Eva Gamirdren
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I believe he was actually referring to Omega, who the Allegans used to subjugate Bahamut in the past.

He follows this statement by saying he will return to Ala Mhigo to see the "prize" for himself. You will see in the climax of Stormblood that the Garleans got a hold of

Shinryu. This seems to be the moment when he receives the report about the Garleans finding Shinryu and its state after its fight with Omega.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    This scene was left deliberately ambiguous in English. You're meant to assume what Enkidoh said so what Moomba said doesn't just come out of left field like a bizarre and foundationless plot twist. It has nothing to do with the Binding Coil. The biggest clue is that, even though canonically everything happens in the patch it was released in, there is no contingency line that prevents him from saying that if you haven't done the Coils.

Come back to this after you beat Stormblood's base story arc.
    What you're seeing is Zenos receiving word that they've located Shinryu, who is still in Omega's bindings. This is why Zenos immediately rushes out of Doma and has Yotsuyu kidnap Krile so he can copy her Echo onto himself with Aulus's Garelans-magicks machine.
    (8)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 04-06-2020 at 04:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nabriales Majestic
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I actually suspect this is added support for all WoLs being Cartenau WoLs, even if you never played 1.0. Developers I *believe*,[I may be wrong, but I am sure it was said at one point] that all WoLs have now canonically been at Cartenau during the Calamity, it's just Legacy players get the Legacy cutscenes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Berteaux Braumegain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomba33 View Post
    I believe he was actually referring to Omega, who the Allegans used to subjugate Bahamut in the past.

He follows this statement by saying he will return to Ala Mhigo to see the "prize" for himself. You will see in the climax of Stormblood that the Garleans got a hold of

Shinryu. This seems to be the moment when he receives the report about the Garleans finding Shinryu and its state after its fight with Omega.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    This scene was left deliberately ambiguous in English. You're meant to assume what Enkidoh said so what Moomba said doesn't just come out of left field like a bizarre and foundationless plot twist. It has nothing to do with the Binding Coil. The biggest clue is that, even though canonically everything happens in the patch it was released in, there is no contingency line that prevents him from saying that if you haven't done the Coils.

Come back to this after you beat Stormblood's base story arc.
    What you're seeing is Zenos receiving word that they've located Shinryu, who is still in Omega's bindings. This is why Zenos immediately rushes out of Doma and has Yotsuyu kidnap Krile so he can copy her Echo onto himself with Aulus's Garelans-magicks machine.
    This is correct.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadturk View Post
    I actually suspect this is added support for all WoLs being Cartenau WoLs, even if you never played 1.0. Developers I *believe*,[I may be wrong, but I am sure it was said at one point] that all WoLs have now canonically been at Cartenau during the Calamity, it's just Legacy players get the Legacy cutscenes.
    On the contrary, the Lv58 summoner quest (as you prepare to acquire Dreadwyrm Trance) has two different dialogue options depending on whether your character was at Carteneau or not.

You were there at the Battle of Carteneau. You were there on the day of the Calamity when aether infused with the dragon's essence rained down upon the field.
    On the day of the Calamity, the dragon vanished in an explosion so massive that his aether was carried to the far corners of Eorzea. You, among many others, have already been touched by his essence.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Arias Lightbearer
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I really wish I would have gotten into this sooner, even with it how it was, just for the Legacy stuff. I know it wasn't much, but to me it adds a lot to the game.
    (2)