Player
    Character
    Tristan Thewise
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 73

Game not launching ? FFXIV Launcher black screen (Mac)

Hello guys,

I play on PS4, recently got a new 2019 MacBook Pro 8 GM Ram, more than 100 G of free disk space, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB and 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, I bought the complete edition for Mac, had to use the register code on the mog station web site to get through the launcher setup, once I downloaded all the updates and logged in right after clicking on "Play" I get a black screen. I tried multiple times, restarted the computer and nothing no error message, just a black screen :/

I need help please, any information will be appreciated.
    Thank you !
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

- Ensure the latest version of Safari is installed on your Mac (even if you don't use Safari.)
    - After updating, open Safari browser and make sure that all Browser History and Cookies/Web Data have been deleted.
    - Please also make sure that "Cookies" are accepted and not being filtered.

Once these options have been adjusted, please run the Apple Update program to check that all firmware is up-to-date on you Mac OS. Once this process is complete, please re-launch the FINAL FANTASY XIV application.

-Make sure your fire wall or antivirus program is not interfering with the game

- Check to see if the following port ranges are opened on your router. You can contact your ISP and request they open them for you:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy Technical Support Forums.
    (0)