Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Seraph Altima
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80

As a dancer, getting a second dancer in DF is pretty demoralizing: three QoL pleas.

As a dancer, getting a second dancer in DF is pretty demoralizing, because Technical step, Tech step Esprit, and Devilment all overwrite each other when dancers do not coordinate their use.
    1. Tech step Esprit is the most demoralizing: A dancer who hits tech step first only to have that tech step overwritten by another dancer often loses ~2 Saber Dances during a prime burst window because Esprit stops being fed to them and instead goes to the dancer who went second. I would like to see it edited so that tech step's Esprit could stack, and each time a target generates a proc, that Esprit is shared to each dancer who has buffed the target. (I suggest keeping Standard Step's single-target Esprit as-is to prevent the sort of padding that would happen if multiple dancers partner the same target).
    2. Technical step's damage buff potential is chopped in half if overwritten early, too. I understand that allowing it to stack would make it overpowered on burst windows when multiple cooldowns are stacked, so I would like to see its effect edited so that tech step's damage buff extends any existing tech step already present.
    3. With Devilment I'd like to see the same treatment as point 2 in that it's too powerful for stacking and could extend itself, but since it's a single-target buff without the kind of wind-up time that's built into tech step, it's somewhat easier to plan around and could be lower priority to fix.
    --
    Disclaimers: Please note the DF context in the title. I do understand that in statics and PF you will want to control for zero to one dancers per group, but DF offers no such ability. This makes DF content such as expert roulette, 24-man raids, and normal modes more adversarial than they need to be when multiple dancers are grouped together. While I understand this is not challenging content, it can turn what should be a comfortable activity into something frustrating if one cares to play the job well in all contexts and is confronted with fellow dancers who have no care for coordinating a dance order.
    (6)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    That's the downside to buffing jobs.
    Double Ninja has to deal with Trick Attack shifting, can be a real pain.
    To lesser extents:
    Dragoon has Battle Litany.
    Tanks often overlap Reprisals.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Seraph Altima
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    That's the downside to buffing jobs.
    Double Ninja has to deal with Trick Attack shifting, can be a real pain.
    To lesser extents:
    Dragoon has Battle Litany.
    Tanks often overlap Reprisals.
    These examples are valid things that should also be looked at.

However, none of these directly screws over the buffer who goes first in the way that tech step esprit does. When a second dancer overwrites a tech step, the first dancer immediately stops getting a large part of the benefit of that buff. It's an adversarial interaction in that the second buffer's mistake not only costs the group their double-duration buff, but it directly hurts the person who went first. So it's not as comparable as you make it out to be.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Technical step buff to gain esprit should work like Monk Brotherhood.
    It's splited into 2 "buff". The one giving chakra can stack if there are two monk.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    J'majha Devo
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Am I remembering things wrong? I thought esprit stacking was one of the first things they quickly did to the class after release?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Narumi Akiudo
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    try double bard, not even different songs stack so you cant even work around the buff just not working with each other
    (2)

Character
    Fransisco Acutus
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    When healing in 8/24 mans, I ALWAYS gotta coordinate what I'm doing with the other healer - as far as stacking shields and regens, ect. You just learn to look before you cast.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I think the timers should just be added to for anything that can't over lap. 2 NINs use Trick Attack at the same time? 40s long vulnerability down debuff. 2 DNCs use Technical step back to back, 40s long damage buff. The Esprit buff should be stackable tho as the generation only affects one of the DNCs and not both. I also believe this timer addition should work on DoTs. got 5s or 10s left and you cast the DoT to reset it? Now you have a 35s - 40s DoT. You might say, "Well what's to keep you from using that Dot over and over to have a 2min - 10min long duration?" The answer is your DPS would suck bad cause most DoTs don't do great damage on their initial hit. If they do damage at all. I think one reason DoTs don't already work like this is because they are affected by Buffs you have going at the time of casting them, which you could just make it extend the original DoTs potency so long as the timer is still going, and apply the new DoT should the original expire.
    (0)
    Last edited by Burningskull; 04-07-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sinking Stone
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Gonna go against the grain and say it should stay as is. I like that the system currently promotes job diversity.

I would say job stacking should come with a little extra coordination in order to best succeed, but let's be real most of the game is already piss baby easy most people won't bother to put fingers to keys to sort that out 95% of the time because they simply don't need to.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Narumi Akiudo
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Leareaux View Post
    Gonna go against the grain and say it should stay as is. I like that the system currently promotes job diversity.

I would say job stacking should come with a little extra coordination in order to best succeed, but let's be real most of the game is already piss baby easy most people won't bother to put fingers to keys to sort that out 95% of the time because they simply don't need to.
    well the thing is, in DF you don't select your group beforehand, the game does for you, so you have literally zero input as far as job diversity is concerned. also what about my double bard example ? because you really literally can't work around that, 2 bards simply don't work together, not even if one would intentionally misalign his song cycle which allready costs damage for all involved, the songs still don't stack.
    (4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast