Kitsuru Infernus
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

"This quest is not yet available" "Primal Focus" / "Seeking Inspiration"

NPC name: Laraina.
    Quest: "Primal Focus"

i've ran a bunch of people through this quest line and oddly 2 people are now getting "This quest is not yet available" until 3/31 i can't say i've ever heard of this and i did a ton of googling and found nothing. am i just missing something they did and i never noticed?

NPC name: Amphelice.
    Quest: "Seeking Inspiration"
    oddly enough my quest for Amphelice. "Seeking Inspiration" is saying the same thing as theirs too "This quest is not yet available" until 3/31 normally i don't take to the forums because google, but i didn't find anything on both issues. this seems to be happening to 3 different people each in a different household. i did submit a bug report inside of the game in the event something is wrong, but because SE is... well... not fast at their responses and with the corona stuff i figured id ask the community for advice on it aswell.

Honestly it isn't the "This quest is not yet available until 3/31" thing that bothers me cuz i could wait, but what bothers me is how many people its affecting and if there's a system in place limiting how many quests we can do... i won't be impressed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Both of those quests are weekly quests, as in they can only be completed once a week. They reset on tuesday, during the usual weekly reset. Have you, or the others you're talking about, done them after tuesday?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

This icon is a repeatable quest. Usually they have lockouts.
    There's two types of lockouts on repeatable quests, weekly and daily.
    You usually see daily lockouts for beat tribe quests and such, and weekly lockouts for various other things usually related to weapons or gear but not always.

If it looks like this, you've done the quest already and must wait until the next daily/weekly reset.
    (2)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Kitsuru Infernus
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post

This icon is a repeatable quest. Usually they have lockouts.
    There's two types of lockouts on repeatable quests, weekly and daily.
    You usually see daily lockouts for beat tribe quests and such, and weekly lockouts for various other things usually related to weapons or gear but not always.

If it looks like this, you've done the quest already and must wait until the next daily/weekly reset.
    hey you guys thanks for the quick reply's and info that actually makes sense for mine "Seeking Inspiration" so that's a big derp on my part haha i was told it was repeatable/grindable, but the 2 new players have never done the "Primal Focus" one before or is it just because its roped into the quest line and pre-req for "Primal Focus" in general for the weekly reset? or am i misunderstanding? again thanks for the info guys o/ worst case 3/31 isn't far away if something went odd prolly an error on our part.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kitsuru; 03-27-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Maria Rubrum
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuru View Post
    hey you guys thanks for the quick reply's and info that actually makes sense for mine "Seeking Inspiration" so that's a big derp on my part haha i was told it was repeatable/grindable, but the 2 new players have never done the "Primal Focus" one before or is it just because its roped into the quest line and pre-req for "Primal Focus" in general for the weekly reset? or am i misunderstanding? again thanks for the info guys o/ worst case 3/31 isn't far away if something went odd prolly an error on our part.
    For Primal focus, I believe it's because the previous quest, "To Tussle with gods" gives the same reward as Primal Focus does (the 3x weekly Rowena's tokens), so upon completing To Tussle with Gods it probably initiates the same lockout so that way back in the day when it was relevant weapons, people couldn't just do the questline, get a weapon and then complete primal focus and get a 2nd one in the same week. Everything should be dandy once 3/31 rolls around.
    (2)
    Last edited by MariaArvana; 03-27-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Soveia Shadowsong
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaArvana View Post
    For Primal focus, I believe it's because the previous quest, "To Tussle with gods" gives the same reward as Primal Focus does (the 3x weekly Rowena's tokens), so upon completing To Tussle with Gods it probably initiates the same lockout so that way back in the day when it was relevant weapons, people couldn't just do the questline, get a weapon and then complete primal focus and get a 2nd one in the same week. Everything should be dandy once 3/31 rolls around.
    This is correct. Once you complete the previous quest, Primal Focus will not be available until next week, it's just not mentioned anywhere ingame, not even patch notes.

In all fairness, these old weekly quests have no real business being weekly anymore, SE just has never gone back and adjusted them to be fully repeatable.
    (1)