Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

MCH: Hypercharge QoL Tweaks

I find that I really enjoy MCH, except for two things:

1). Wildfire (which can easily be ignored as its DPS is so low)
    2). Hypercharge.

My beef with Hypercharge is rather simple: This skill is so ludicrously dependent upon lag and precision button-mashing that it's just not fun to miss a portion of it because of a 100ms spike in latency or something, or a framerate drop or something else stupid like that happening.

So, to fix it...

First, let's look at another similar skill that does something very similar, but in a much more reasonable way:

Sword Oath.

When you complete a combo with Royal Authority, you gain 3 stacks of Sword Oath and you are given ample time to use these 3 stacks before the buff wears off (I kinda wish they'd do the same for Requiescat for much the same reasons!).

So that got me to thinking. Why don't we tweak the Hypercharge meter, and place little "blocks" on it that fill in... such as 1 2 3 4 and as you accumulate heat, the meter starts to rise, filling each block in. These blocks would represent how many charges of Hypercharge you'd get when you used the Hypercharge ability, which would directly relate to how many times you could use Heat Blast or Auto Crossbow and the stacked buff should allow for +2-3 seconds more than the total GCDs.

That would make lag, latency, and fps a far smaller factor in whether or not you fully use your Hypercharge or end up wasting a Heat Blast thanks to a split second of latency making your last Heat Blast be 0.5s late.
    (2)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeka View Post

Er... what?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Razard Baleth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeka View Post

And you lost me.

That must be some kind of record.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cassia Kaedhan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    Er... what?
    Allow me,

Wildfire is actually the weakest cooldown in all the MCH kit, contributing to 2.5~3% of the whole MCH DPS.
    For instance, back in SB it was contributing around 6~8% on top of the "Overheat window".

The only thing weaker than Wildfire is Roller Dash from the Automaton Queen. And I think you can understand how weak Wildfire actually is.

I believe, the author can correct me if wrong, that the sentence was turned in the way:
    "You could halve its cooldown, it wouldn't make the MCH broken. You could remove it, MCH would not move from its position as DPS."
    Wildfire is insignificant, its removal or a good buff wouldn't change the MCH current position. As such, you don't need to care about Wildfire being used at the end of a fight to see significant increases in DPS unlike SB/HW Wildfire where it could make a significant change to the MCH overall DPS.
    Compared to SB/HW Wildfire where it was the cherry on the cake after the Overheat, it is now reduced to a weak and uninteresting cooldown.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    #LetTheRobotContribute
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Yeah, I like how people cherry-pick some side-comment out of everything I said that wasn't even really the point of the post and just..... ignore everything else said.

Gotta love the forums sometimes.

As for Wildfire, allow me to even further explain, even though I think CKNovel said plenty...

Wildfire, for 10 seconds, gives you +200 potency to the ability for each weaponskill you land during its duration.

In all intents and purposes, this is going to be maybe 6 weaponskills which would be 1200 potency. You could perhaps squeeze 1 more in, if you had enough +skill speed? Not entirely sure about that.

But, it has a 2 minute cooldown.

So basically this ability does up to 1200 potency every 2 minutes. That's a drop in the bucket. I say "up to" because there's a bunch of things that can interrupt you while you're in the middle of a Wildfire. Maybe a boss does something that forces you to pause DPS for a second or two. Maybe you have another ability that is more important that you must use right now that is not oGCD.

Either way, even if you got the maximum damage out of Wildfire (which means using 6 weaponskills back to back in a row without using any non-oGCD abilities!), it's still only 1200 potency every 2 minutes at best.

What I meant in my original post is that "I hate Wildfire and how dependent it is conditions and lag, but that skill can be just shrugged off as it doesn't contribute enough DPS to really care much about it". Unless of course you're trying to squeeze every DPS out of it if you're savage raiding or something, which I'm not. Pop Wildfire now and then and if I get 6 weaponskills, that's good I guess, if not, the DPS is so low it doesn't matter in the end. It kinda stinks that we have a button that is so... insignificant that you just push it and go 'meh whatever' but... *shrug*

The bigger point was, out of the two gripes I have with MCH, one is so insignificant and the other..... well, not-so-insignificant. Hypercharge and its related abilities are far more important, and far bigger a problem.
    (0)
    Last edited by Maeka; 03-28-2020 at 11:40 PM.