Player
    Character
    Ashley Osteichthyes
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90

What about an OGCD for PLD that procs DV?

PLD gauge feels fairly....weak atm.

The other jobs really have a gauge that feels nice to use, GNB with all their spamming, DRK spinning to mediocre damage, war CLEEAAAVE, but PLD feels weak. A small amount of damage mitigated and that's kinda it.

Not saying they need a damaging but you could go a whole fight without using it and not really notice. So, how about an ability that uses gauge to proc one of the most annoying mitigation tools in the game, Divine Veil?

Use the ability and DV proc's. Clean and simple. Not really necessary, but would be nice to have something else to do with the gauge that feels like it has actual purpose.

Thoughts?
    (0)
    When you have lag, every action is an adventure.

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Osteichthyes View Post
    Thoughts?
    Personally I'd like to see it, however -

SE has been ironclad in keeping spells as GCD, and abilities as oGCD. DV is only proc'd by spells, which can also be why healers won't often proc it.
    More pragmatically, it might be better to request that DV be proc'd by healing abilities instead of or in addition to healing spells. Then it wouldn't be such a pain on the healer end either.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    PLD gauge feels fairly....weak atm.

The other jobs really have a gauge that feels nice to use, GNB with all their spamming, DRK spinning to mediocre damage, war CLEEAAAVE, but PLD feels weak. A small amount of damage mitigated and that's kinda it.
    PLD gauge is pretty strong. It can mitigate a lot of damage.

Though, a lot of the feeling of mediocrity comes from the fact that unlike other gauges, PLD's build theirs passively. Via auto attacks. So it never feels like you're being rewarded for pushing your buttons, it's just a glorified cooldown.

So, how about an ability that uses gauge to proc one of the most annoying mitigation tools in the game, Divine Veil?

Use the ability and DV proc's. Clean and simple. Not really necessary, but would be nice to have something else to do with the gauge that feels like it has actual purpose.

Thoughts?
    Unfortunately, the way it works precludes oGCD's from proccing it, which is also super annoying for healers too.

Though, why they don't just scrap the whole "Needing to receive a heal" to get the shield I don't know... It's not like it's effect is excessively strong to necessitate such a restriction.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalise View Post
    it's just a glorified cooldown.
    Which, moreover, cannot be used at the start of combat and does not recharge over downtime....

On topic, unless the shield benefits from the proccing heal in some way, the requirement just makes no sense to me. I'd much rather press the button, have it increase healing done to you, and then the same button again to spread a portion of your current HP, for instance. Then it's something that has versatility enough to have synergy situationally but otherwise a slight priority conflict outside of that situation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firstname' Lastname'
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    DV needs an overhaul in general. It's one of the worst raid cooldowns in its current form.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Plain Doll
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstnameLastname View Post
    DV needs an overhaul in general. It's one of the worst raid cooldowns in its current form.
    With a bit of awareness from your healers, or worse case scenario a clemancy, DV is probably one of the stronger raid cooldowns, since it doesnt scale off members HP
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sqwall Lionheart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I like the ideas of making DV a HOT for self on the paladin. And when the paladin is healed from a spell it procs a shield for the party/raid. Then it would prompt me to use it whenever. Normally I pop DV for tankbuster/raid wide AOE/healer dies. I don't like the idea of using it constantly as it's benefits are useful quickly with a long cooldown. Don't like the idea of using it when I didn't need it i.e. healers topped off raid HP.

I'm sure there are others that think it should be used no matter what if it's off cooldown. And I don't care honestly. It's benefits are fairly small compared to other shield skills in the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Resa Nome
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    As Risvertasashi mentioned, I think they just need to change it to proc off both ability heals and spell heals. With the advent of healers not needing/wanting to cast gcd heals, procing DV has become unwieldy.

I would rather they don’t muck with it too much though. The downsides of the skill are propped up by its effect time which makes it incredibly powerful on its own. If they start messing with the application requirements or it’s shield strength then they will likely reduce its effect time and shielding power to compensate and that would kill its useful niche.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ladon; 03-31-2020 at 02:01 PM.