Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Leidolf Kvasir
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    They're right. If you're a Melee DPS, you shouldn't be trying to pull multiple enemies if you can help it. It'd be one thing if you were a BLM since you could cast Sleep on a group that's vulnerable and then single target, or a Ranged that can use Foot Graze to pin one in place while you deal with another. But Melee DPS only have Arm's Length, which can cause Slow, Feint, which will reduce damage for a few seconds, as cooldowns. If you have to pull more than one, the best you can do is pop those, Low Kick the one that hits hardest, and then proceed to pop Bloodbath and try to kill them all as fast as possible.

If you have your Chocobo, they can Tank for you. In a worst case scenario, let the Chocobo distract all the enemies and run away.
    (1)
    Like to play Dungeons & Dragons? Learn to make your favorite FFXIV Job in 5e by visiting the Fun Characters Builds 5e blog.

Player
    Character
    Archwizard Drake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalise View Post
    Spineshatter Dive - Level 45
    Wait... how is that a defensive CD?

... do you mean Elusive Jump (Level 35) as a means to back out of an engagement?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Archwizard View Post
    Wait... how is that a defensive CD?

... do you mean Elusive Jump (Level 35) as a means to back out of an engagement?
    It used to have a stun, don't remember if it still does.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Esther Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrias View Post
    It used to have a stun, don't remember if it still does.
    It doesn't, you just butt plant on your target. Though even that can be used defensively to jump to a mob further away if you pulled too much and need a headstart when running away.

With all the tools Kalise listed you really shouldn't have any trouble against two mobs. But you either pull single and focus it down or pull huge and aoe. 2-3 mobs isn't even faster and since you're not a tank you're not made to survive it.
    But if you accidentally pulled two mobs: stun one, Leg Sweep only has 40sec cd. You can use it a 2nd time into the fight.
    Arm's Length as stun wears off to weaken both. Focus one other down, use Life Surge, Bloodbath and Second Wind to restore HP.
    Feint for additional dmg reduce.

If all else fails: Elusive Jump and run. But Dragoon has a nice kit to easily survive multiple mobs even without a Chocobo out.

Also, pots are really cheap and are nice at lower levels. They're good way to bridge the time until other skills come off CD.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rilifane; 03-26-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    He says when Dragoon has some of the best DPS self sustain in the game.
    (1)
    FanGathering Mail Rail London Nov 2019 (✓)
    Lavigne#0001
    PvPaissa Staff - https://discord.gg/sUy86UC
    Leader of Reign Community (2004-Present)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Huh. I always thought Arm's Length only proc'd when it prevented a knockback/draw-in effect. Didn't realize the slow was just a bonus.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leidolf Kvasir
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I kind of hate Spineshatter Dive doesn't have Stun anymore. But yeah, Arm's Length has a chance to proc so long as the enemy hits the barrier it makes. When you're being dogpiled it can be helpful since Dragoon has limited AoE at that level.
    (0)
    Like to play Dungeons & Dragons? Learn to make your favorite FFXIV Job in 5e by visiting the Fun Characters Builds 5e blog.

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by yajnaji View Post
    New player with my FIRST complain about this game: I'm a level 54 dps and have no defensive cool downs, if I have to fight 2+ mobs, I DIE! And don't tell me to get good, I do my rotation, I do damage, but the mobs kill me before I kill them because it's too much damage and there's nothing I can do.

SECOND complain: no corpse run.

I'm losing interest, pretty fast.

Now flame me all you want, do your worst.
    Well, you *do* have a couple buttons..

1). Second Wind: While not really a "defensive cooldown" but popping it does help in a pinch.
    2). Life Surge. Save this for your highest damage skill (at 54 that should be Full Thrust with combo). More damage = more healing. A drop in the bucket but better than nothing.

As others have said, get your chocobo out and IMO, you should have your chocobo learn Choco Cure first and then go down the DPS tree and leave it in Free Stance. I find that is way more than I need to help me stay alive.

I can pull 2-3 enemies in a FATE simultaneously and win, rather comfortably as any DPS job (including Dragoon). RDM can do a bit more for obvious reasons (really, Vercure rocks).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    2 pages of feedback, no flame, and he still hasn't replied a single time.
    (3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2