Player
    Character
    Gunsa Cabalabob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Suggestion for onsal hakair

So something I’ve noticed when signing for this mode is people barely care about the ovoo flags and just focus on killing other teams, and it works, these teams always seem to win by just farming kills.

I feel like it’s kind of broken that the teams that are completely ignoring the objectives are the teams that are winning the mode.

So my suggestion is to make taking the objectives help give you a fighting advantage to incentivise people to actually focus on taking the flags.

In the rival wings astralogos mode there were towers you had to defend and while standing within range of these towers you got a large defense buff which gave you the advantage in pushing off attacking teams. My suggestion is to add this effect to the ovoo in onsal hakair for the team that claims it.

From a lore perspective winning the objective gives your team a morale boost allowing you to fight harder and repel the enemy teams. From a gameplay perspective it incentivises people to claim the ovoo in the first place over just attacking wildly and once you’ve won the objective now you get a fighting advantage to repel the other teams, not only do you get points from the flag but you’re less likely to lose points to getting farmed by a team that ignored the objective.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 03-21-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    The anonymity of the internet is what leads people to become jerks online.

You could make a game where all you did was run through fields of flowers holding hands and you'd still get a guy telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    Everyone knows you skip through fields of flowers holding hands, running noobs need to go back to WoW.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Gameplay on Elemental DC is very much about capturing the flags.

If everyone else on your DC is ignoring the flags? Go get them. Turn the tide.

If one team has the upper hand in battle then of course they're going to win if each team acquires a similar amount of flags. They are getting a higher score.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    The lore comment made me cringe. But at least on Crystal some matches are won/stolen by just grabbing the points. Some are won by smoking the first place team and stealing the points. It is three team PvP it is horribly balanced and always will be.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite View Post
    It is three team PvP it is horribly balanced and always will be.
    this, they just shouldve made a cut there and make it 2 teams.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I haven't done it too much, but I've seen first place blow a 900 point lead. It happened when the two teams that were behind teamed up, more or less. Pushed the IF back to basically their spawn almost, and sorta just sat on them while ramping up their points. Of course, one of those teams took a dive basically, but yeah... I don't think giving buffs to the Oovoos would alter that being a problem occurrence.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Albert Kisama
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Sounds like the people that queued to play PvP are winning by PvPing. Weird world.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    wooow holy sm0kes people winning in a pvp mode by pvping what a debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    Gameplay on Elemental DC is very much about capturing the flags.

If everyone else on your DC is ignoring the flags? Go get them. Turn the tide.

If one team has the upper hand in battle then of course they're going to win if each team acquires a similar amount of flags. They are getting a higher score.
    I know you break into a cold sweat if you try to go a day without mentioning in a post you play on JP. But nope, even on JP it's BH 5 > Nodes > Anything else.
    (0)
    Last edited by BloodRubyXII; 03-24-2020 at 01:35 AM.
    FanGathering Mail Rail London Nov 2019 (✓)
    Lavigne#0001
    PvPaissa Staff - https://discord.gg/sUy86UC
    Leader of Reign Community (2004-Present)

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    So something I’ve noticed when signing for this mode is people barely care about the ovoo flags and just focus on killing other teams, and it works, these teams always seem to win by just farming kills.

I feel like it’s kind of broken that the teams that are completely ignoring the objectives are the teams that are winning the mode.
    You are being delusional if you believed Capture Flag is the primary objective for this intense PvP mode.
    It is a common mistake made by PvE players.
    Flag is only a secondary objective, the main objective is about how to get Battle High; in another word, when to Flank and avoid to be Flank by other GC is the key.

You can argue all you want that you have a 900 points lead by capturing the flag but utterly your GC will be destroyed when other two CG and actually fought decides to turn on you.
    Any GC will be destroyed if they find themselves have no BH (pass rank 3) after 6 mins into game.
    Battle High > Flag Node, end of story.
    (1)
    Last edited by Divinemights; 03-24-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodRubyXII View Post
    I know you break into a cold sweat if you try to go a day without mentioning in a post you play on JP. But nope, even on JP it's BH 5 > Nodes > Anything else.
    Uhhh... it's not like I have an agenda to mention it whenever I can. I say it if it's relevant to the discussion because it's very clear from conversations here that the Japanese playerbase handles some aspects of the game very differently to the English-speaking playerbase. Thus, my experience of player behaviour - and even game mechanics in some situations - may be very different to yours.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    Uhhh... it's not like I have an agenda to mention it whenever I can. I say it if it's relevant to the discussion because it's very clear from conversations here that the Japanese playerbase handles some aspects of the game very differently to the English-speaking playerbase. Thus, my experience of player behaviour - and even game mechanics in some situations - may be very different to yours.
    But you're literally on the forums of the English-speaking playerbase, so how is this relevant to anyone? Especially when the information you're giving is frankly wrong. I don't go on the JP PvP forums and tell them how the English speaking playerbase play.
    (0)
    FanGathering Mail Rail London Nov 2019 (✓)
    Lavigne#0001
    PvPaissa Staff - https://discord.gg/sUy86UC
    Leader of Reign Community (2004-Present)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast