Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lina Dreamheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

When is next Crafting/Gathering Ranking Season?

Just wondering because I want to get on the next one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arcadius Moog
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Hopefully never... bots in mmo's is a known thing.

An MMO making events to rewards bots (& account sharers) an FFXIV exclusive...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    SE hasn't said yet. They've only said that those who get their achievements won't be eligible in future ranking periods so other players will get their chance for the titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakane View Post
    Hopefully never... bots in mmo's is a known thing.

An MMO making events to rewards bots (& account sharers) an FFXIV exclusive...
    And the vast majority of those in the top 12 were doing neither. But let's penalize all players and remove things because a few decide to cheat.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arcadius Moog
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Funny... a "vast majority"

seems you either didn't participate cause in Diadem there's one particular spot where bots get messed up and they stay there for bout 15mins trying to do the same thing till they reset... everyone who farmed legally has seen them, everyone, as always decides to shut up cause as some say "means cheaper mats in market board"

Then the crafters in top 12 who have not one single mention in gathering classes got theyr mats from where? From bot market...

But yeah... a "vast majority"

In the end the winners were the bots and account sharers, in this, next and all future events related to gather/craft.

But hey' i am just saying, cause i don't mind, i mean even world firsts races in savage content has been for ages now about having the right third party tool, pvp about having the right third party tool... actually all works in XIV cause they care more bout the subscription numbers than the ToS...

So for whoever plans to rank if this event comes back soon, get your bots ready and a couple friends to account share to belong to the "vast majority".
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Esprit Libre
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I ranked first on my server and I didn't bot or account share, nor did anyone else in the top 12 for my server in fishing. Heck I did it with a full-time job. Most of the others on the board did it legit too. Yes, there were likely a few bots and account sharers in the top 12s, but they are not the majority and were few and far between. I guarantee the low mat prices weren't because of bots. As a person sitting here for hours desynthing my fish after the fact and getting tens of thousands of mats, you don't need to bot to flood the market with cheap and plentiful mats. The system was designed with this intent, by forcing you to get tons of mats you don't want while getting the specific mats you do want. Botting is a problem, in all content, but in this particular content it was not nearly as big as you suggest.

EDIT: To actually answer the question though, most likely date for next season is 5.31 when they add the next phase and next tier of mats for ranking points. They wouldn't do another season using the same mats since people could just hoard in advance and turn them all in during the season. SE does some dumb things sometimes but even I have to assume they aren't that dumb. So there will definitely not be another season as soon as next week like some people seem to be expecting. You will be waiting awhile for Season 2, and since top 12's can't participate twice, there will be much less competition (both from players and bots) and ranking will be significantly easier the second time around.
    (2)
    Last edited by Espritduo; 03-21-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    If there won't be a season until next major patch at the earliest and the current top 12 won't be eligible, that sort of means Expert crafting is done and over for now. Hopefully they have plans to do something else with the system. It feels a bit empty going back to an endgame of churning out 480 stuff on short macros with no food for tiny amounts of gil, now that we've had a taste of challenging content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Esprit Libre
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Well there is the 500k achievements and the Pteranadon mount. I'm not surprised they didn't add some thing else yet, seeing as it's untested waters. The ranking season was just a way to see what people would do with these recipes without any real in-game use for them yet. I assume we will see more expert recipes with more utility at some point, but they will never be primary crafting items like the high-end gear. At most you can expect fluff like minions, mounts or what have you. Maybe expert recipes will let you augment the high-end gear to make it glow or be used for all classes or some other cosmetic perk people will pay big money for.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryu Saarva
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    If there won't be a season until next major patch at the earliest and the current top 12 won't be eligible, that sort of means Expert crafting is done and over for now. Hopefully they have plans to do something else with the system. It feels a bit empty going back to an endgame of churning out 480 stuff on short macros with no food for tiny amounts of gil, now that we've had a taste of challenging content.
    actually I am making furniture which I finish with 1 move and making lots of gil from those but you can just keep your 480 market.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuSaarva View Post
    actually I am making furniture which I finish with 1 move and making lots of gil from those but you can just keep your 480 market.
    Aye but that's not much endgame either and I don't waste my time on 480 very often. I meant more that it's our hardest recipe worth making again. Making gil isn't really that bad, but the Experts were fun more for the challenge.

Not really complaining, just feedback of "that was much better, more please!". We also have the crafter Relic coming up soon and it'd be silly if they gave us nothing difficult to craft with it, so we'll see where that goes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryu Saarva
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    Aye but that's not much endgame either and I don't waste my time on 480 very often. I meant more that it's our hardest recipe worth making again. Making gil isn't really that bad, but the Experts were fun more for the challenge.

Not really complaining, just feedback of "that was much better, more please!". We also have the crafter Relic coming up soon and it'd be silly if they gave us nothing difficult to craft with it, so we'll see where that goes.
    crafting is too easy now, those items will never be worth much of anything except for the first day as long as they only require common items.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast