Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Grayfia Astaroth
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Saw this floating about in balance discord. I had to drop by and say I love your designs. It would be cool if we had a mount that gave us wings made out of all the crafter tools. Devs pay attention
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zephy Hiiragi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    I feel the 500k achievement mount was a missed opportunity. What would be brilliant would be a DoL Harvesting mount (sort of similar to WoW's Sky Golem), so we can harvest mats on the go without dismounting/remounting. It shouldn't be that difficult to code via a special mount action. It's a tiny QoL but I know I'd be crafting and gathering non-stop to get my hands on something like that.

The Pteranodon mount feels like they just took a spare unused mob or mount model from their files and tossed it in as a reward to save time designing a real one. You'll also notice that the Hunt got a Dinosaur too. Possibly they planned something with dinosaurs, scrapped it and are using the models as free content filler. They have nothing to do with crafting. It's a very lazy approach.

I hope the leaderboards show the devs that endgame crafting is actually popular. We have a top 100 on every realm, with a huge number of crafters dipping their toes into Expert, even though there's only a title to gain from it. It's undoubtedly a success and we've shown them the desire for challenge was not just a whim. Just imagine how far it could go with desirable rewards and further tweaks and improvement to the system.
    I agree. The mounts to me just look boring and uninteresting. I mean, I’m sure there’s a few souls out there that enjoy it, but I don’t think it’s appropriate for crafters at all. I have high hopes for this thread, because honestly they did good with the expert recipe rng approach. It’s actually kind of strategic. If they can do that, let’s hope they can listen to us further and give us better rewards as the seasonal rankings roll along.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    How exactly is it weird that a city-state that's recently made peace with a bunch of scalekin ends up having a scalekin mount as reward from content related to said city-state?
    The logic of "The mount isn't crafter-related" could just as easily be applied to the glamour idea posted by the OP. How exactly is some casual/revealing set of clothing related to crafting? Is it because it happens to have some goggles and a belt with a couple of tools hanging off of it?

Also the achievement isn't supposed to be easy. Since it doesn't specify a time frame in which it needs to be obtained (unlike "The Height of <class>" achievement noting the second phase), it's supposed to be a long term goal.

That said, the design of the flying WVR mount is funny/neat.
    This is why.

(2)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by smoodie View Post
    Yikes. You must be fun at parties.
    And you're definitely the heart of the party!

Quote Originally Posted by smoodie
    OP was nice enough to draw really well detailed art designs of possible rewards we could get, and i personally like both her glamour and her Mount. By the way. You are missing the point entirely. The Mount has absolutely nothing to do with the creativity of crafting. Would you want a Snake mount for reaching level 80 on Miner and Botanist? It doesn’t make much sense when you think about it, and doesn’t fit the theme. Let’s see YOU come up with something more innovative, creative, and fun than Tren can. Sorry, but she has my vote.
    You're right. The mount isn't a crafter-related design. I never stated that it is. I was giving the likely reason why SE could've decided to put a scalekin mount as reward from something related to Ishgard. Remember, plenty of dragons/drakes are considered scalekin. Dragons/drakes are deeply tied to the lore of Ishgard. The Restoration of Ishgard is, well, kinda tied to Ishgard (Y'know, we're restoring part of the city and all).

Whether you have an issue with her “revealing” outfit (I’ve seen roe men in thongs. That’s revealing.) or not, is irrelevant, since it seems you have an issue with female outfits showing stomachs. Kinda hoping Tren posts a nice male design soon, would be interesting to see that.
    Where did I state that I have an issue with the fact that the outfit is revealing? Or the outfit's design in general? I think it's an okay outfit, nothing outstanding, but cute nonetheless. My question was, how is it a crafting-related design? What about it distinguishes it from just a normal set of clothing?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ringo Deathstarr
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    And you're definitely the heart of the party!

You're right. The mount isn't a crafter-related design. I never stated that it is. I was giving the likely reason why SE could've decided to put a scalekin mount as reward from something related to Ishgard. Remember, plenty of dragons/drakes are considered scalekin. Dragons/drakes are deeply tied to the lore of Ishgard. The Restoration of Ishgard is, well, kinda tied to Ishgard (Y'know, we're restoring part of the city and all).

Where did I state that I have an issue with the fact that the outfit is revealing? Or the outfit's design in general? I think it's an okay outfit, nothing outstanding, but cute nonetheless. My question was, how is it a crafting-related design? What about it distinguishes it from just a normal set of clothing?
    Apologies, fellow cat. I think I misunderstood what you said and jumped to the conclusion that you thought her drawing was mildly offensive or something of that nature. I lurk in General Discussion and Housing a lot, and I see a lot of snowflakes especially in general, get so worked up over female characters wearing swimsuits and nier bottoms. So I just assumed that’s what was going on here, that is all.

In all fairness, most of the mounts and items included in the game don’t really pertain to the theme at hand. Mostly random objects chosen by the devs. In expert recipes case however, it’s important to actually put some more thought into the rewards you give out to your top ranking players. I don’t care for competing this season because I don’t care for a title. But if it turns out there are more stylish and fun rewards like OP suggested, you’ll be seeing me in top 12. The point is giving your players who worked hard at understanding expert recipes mechanics, rewards with a lot of thought and style to it. Like I would really love it if top 12 was a weaver kart like OP suggested. That is expert recipe worthy.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by smoodie View Post
    Apologies, fellow cat. I think I misunderstood what you said and jumped to the conclusion that you thought her drawing was mildly offensive or something of that nature. I lurk in General Discussion and Housing a lot, and I see a lot of snowflakes especially in general, get so worked up over female characters wearing swimsuits and nier bottoms. So I just assumed that’s what was going on here, that is all.
    Yea, I'm perfectly fine with revealing clothes, I just think OP's design is better fit for something like the Gold Saucer, or casual clothing recipes, like the Dalmascan set.

A gear reward idea, while not exactly unique, would be something like having a DoH glamour set as a reward, one without any class restrictions, so people can show off that they've reached a certain rank while on combat jobs.
    In all fairness, most of the mounts and items included in the game don’t really pertain to the theme at hand. Mostly random objects chosen by the devs. In expert recipes case however, it’s important to actually put some more thought into the rewards you give out to your top ranking players. I don’t care for competing this season because I don’t care for a title. But if it turns out there are more stylish and fun rewards like OP suggested, you’ll be seeing me in top 12. The point is giving your players who worked hard at understanding expert recipes mechanics, rewards with a lot of thought and style to it. Like I would really love it if top 12 was a weaver kart like OP suggested. That is expert recipe worthy.
    Can only agree here, the fact that the ranks only reward a title, which I have hundreds of, wasn't appealing enough for me to even bother. This goes for the "Craft 100 expert items during phase two" as well. "The Nest's Own <class>" just sounds kinda boring to me.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4