Player
    Character
    Alice Chan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

The new 2 star ishgard crafts (Time to talk)

What in the world are these 2 star crafts. They are completely dumb hard. Literally pointless to even touch right now. This random buff system is the absolute worst crafting idea square has ever tried to roll out.

The items you gather for it are legit like only 40 gil to 200. I do NOT have any idea what they were trying to do but it is horrible and needs to be changed.

I could not find another thread for it so I made this one cause I really never want to see this again. If there is another thread on this please point me to it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Morgan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I think its deliberately supposed to be difficult. It's something for endgame crafters to spend time on, and the new qualities discourage just slapping a macro together and farming.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kirika Yuumura
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan4077 View Post
    If there is another thread on this please point me to it.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Expert-Recipes
    (1)
    Kirika Yuumura of the Noir

The Soldats' Manor, home of the Noir and of Noir's Eorzean Natural History Museum and Aquarium
    Plot 7, Ward 22, Shirogane, Faerie

Noir... It is the name of an ancient fate. Two maidens who govern death; the peace of the newly-born Noir hands protect.

Player
    Character
    Airi Mei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Because of that difficulty it filtered the competition for the top spots.. so I was literally crafting against one or two people for first place. The rest couldnt get enough points to keep up. I think that was their plan all along.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Venus View Post
    Because of that difficulty it filtered the competition for the top spots.. so I was literally crafting against one or two people for first place. The rest couldnt get enough points to keep up. I think that was their plan all along.
    It honestly didn't because people found macros that could reliably get the crafts to minimum collectability or slightly higher that could be spammed faster then manual crafting.

By extension, this meant people could feasibly break into top 12 using bots, and unsurprisingly some of the usual suspects on my server ended up doing so by simply leaving their bots running for the entirety of the last few days after buying several thousand mats while they were cheap.

If anything, they needed to make the collectability cap on the recipes even higher (And by extension the maximum possible points) to make quantity > quality approaches even less practical.
    (0)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 03-31-2020 at 01:33 PM.