Player
    Character
    Cindy Nemi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

FFXIV won't detect controller inputs on PC most of the time.

I use an 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ with the 8BitDo Wireless Adapter.

My PC detects the controller, and I can use it in the start menu and other games perfectly fine.

FFXIV however also detects the controller but no input seems to work from it the vast majority of the time. Occasionally I boot up the game and it works, but most of the time no input is doing anything. Gamepad is enabled, and it even shows up on the dropdown menu, but no dice.

Sometimes it works if I change the Steam Input Per Game setting to Forced On. Then it'll work.... once. Then the next time I play, it doesn't work again, even though the setting is still on. I have to launch the game, see it doesn't work, change to Forced Off, close the game, launch it again, change back to Forced On, close the game, launch it again. Worse now is the fact that even this isn't working half of the time.

The controller is in X-Input mode, and all other games recognize it as an X-Input controller. I wasn't having any issues with it really until 5.2's release.

Is there anything I can do?
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Do you experience issues with the controller when there is another device plugged in? Additionally does this same error occur when a different controller is used?

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Center.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cindy Nemi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Hi! Unfortunately I can't run any other tests on this because I just had to reinstall Windows this morning for unrelated reasons and now everything is working perfectly fine.

Uh... this thread is kinda useless at this point and should probably be deleted if not at least locked. Sorry to anyone who needs a less extreme solution :T
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for the update.

LuckyShance, I am glad that that you were able to resolve the issue . In the event you experience anymore issues with Final Fantasy XIV, please post again in the Technical Support Forums.

This thread will be moved to the 'Support Center Resolved'.
    (0)