Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Denishia Squirrel
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    The Ancients start to make sense if they are not native to Etheirys and the planet was somewhere in the equivalent of the Archean to Cambriam Period when the Ancients found it and the overwhelming amount of aether that allowed them to become overpowered mage-gods. Thus how there can be this super-advanced human species with urban cities before there are any migratory birds. Why their society is so hyper-focused on playing create-a-sim on this planet - they have been terraforming it until it has become both their central tenant but also subject to all their whims and fads, and why said society seriously lacks a sense of any history.

I'm torn, though, because this explanation is extremely common in other media (and has been teased in other FF titles), and the one thing I don't want is that a few years down the line the new big bad is the other planet of people descended from Ancients invading our home world, even though that would extremely easy to slide into canon, because we already have the Omnicrons to play out those plot tropes.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Naria Starcatcher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    I guess it could be inferred, what with all the traveling they did. I don't think it's expressly spelled out anywhere, but this is the crazy personal headcanons thread.
    That and the fact that Azem's personal magic contained in their crystal is a powerful teleportation spell is what I'm basing this off of. :-)

EDIT:

My craziest personal HC post-EW is that the Eight Umbral Calamity Timeline isn't actually an alternate timeline but a 14th reflection that Hydaelyn created circa Stormblood. Yes I realize this is full of holes, but at least it keeps time travel in FFXIV as a closed loop. :-)
    (2)
    Last edited by Naria; 05-11-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Taking the Emet, Hythlodaeus and Azem eat at a dinner thought from one of the Nier threads this is how I feel most would go.

Emet and Hythlodaeus sit across from Azem with Emet on the inside. Azem orders a pint of beer and either the most greasy and sloppy bacon cheeseburger, most cheesy spiral posta mac and cheese, or French Onion Soup. Hythlodaeus orders a nice glass of red wine and cherry cheesecake. When the food comes Azem starts inhaling it which makes Emet asking "Why are you eating like you haven't eaten a decent meal in a week?" Where of course Azem answers with "Because I haven't eaten a decent meal in a week". Hythlodaeus asks Azem what wonderful things they had done this last time before offering a bite of their cake to Emet which he declines. But then a few minutes later he tries to nab a bite only to get lightly smacked. Emet is only half listening mostly for work reasons just incase he'll need to douse out any fires. Emet orders the bitterest coffee and chocolate cake. Hythlodaeus sneaks a bite from Emet's cake. Once in awhile Hythlodaeus makes comments about how something Azem says reminds him about some concept that he had to review that day.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kristina Svarog
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I’ve got two.
    The job stones are capable of holding onto stuff like armours and weapon so long as said armour and weapons belong to the correct job. Hence the ability to bring along so many weapons and armours for the many jobs you can use, you don’t have a huge pack of armour and weapons, it’s just several little bags of holding.
    Plus we do see things like this in some job quests like dragoon, where you briefly take the appearance of Haldrath the first azure dragoon. It’s effectively the aetherical memories of his old armour and weapon.

A second one is of the skills we learn being so different from npc characters, and that’s due to how our characters learn their skills. A vast majority of job/class practitioners like Arcanists, Gladiators and Conjurers all learn from specific organizations and guilds hands so many npcs sharing the same toolkits between one another, they all trained in the same place all the time.
    But our characters are constantly on the road away from the guilds and possible teachers outside of occasional visits for skills, especially later on when there’s no job quests available. So all those jobs that play completely differently over the years are just the WoL adapting and improving upon their own skills, creating new ones and reworking older ones.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seluine Ourran
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    The elezen's lifespan is a leftover of the Allagan empire, which was predominantly elezen within the upper echeleons - including our illustrious brooder, Xande. Seeking shelter underground afterwards a good portion of whatever scattered remnants were left became Gelmorra with some individuals laying the foundation for Goug - perhaps like the Rakata (sorry if misspelled, operating on memory) their extensive experimentation left some genetically 'sundered' enough to be incapable with the odd genetic throwback now and again in the Garlean populace.
    Some other fool notions/speculations: -
    The treelike people of Mercyadia are guado and potentially were to be a race up for consideration.
    Our godly twelve were around back when the ancients were mere infants and may/may not have had a hand in their progression - Ancient history is a giant question mark; were they always so civilised? Their very strong insistence on conformity to avoid dissent definitely hints at a more fractious past than the Ascians care to acknowledge. Whatever the truth, we do know by Eorzean myth their first age includes the old 'gods walked among us' claim.
    Where do our memories go when 'washed' by the aetherial sea? Did the remnants of those memories captured in some crystalised aether inspire early humanity to invent job crystals?
    Lastly a friend of mine believes Reapers were an inside job by the Ascians to kludge the soul 'fraction' that had fallen to darkness within the Thirteenth onto the Source's 8/14th of an ancient soul. Yet another experiment with no shortage of subjects.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I just thought about this today and I could see it happening. But when/if we get to the learn more about Halone through those who worship her part of the 24man raid story I can see us taking G'Raha along since we did agree to showing him around Ishgard properly. I could see us having a talk with Edmont because of course he somehow found out we were visiting. And G'Raha gets all "Oh I read your memoirs." and poor Edmont gets confused and we give G'Raha a look of "Please stop embarrassing me in-front of 'dad'" type look or groan. Then Aymeric the ever gracious host and will bend over backwards for the WoL invites us to dinner again but just as the wine cellar is brought up is when we get reminded that we're only there to get information about how Halone is worshiped and have to postpone seeing it again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I think the reason why a certain two pirate captains say they don't like each other is that they don't want to be made to feel shame by society by being in an interracial relationship. That and one of them is or was the heir of an Ishgardian High house and has told the WoL the only reason why he has stayed away from his homeland is because it hasn't changed its ways enough in his eyes.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Summerford Farms is the most tranquil place in Eorzea, and that's why unless you're a Limsa starter, the MSQ never runs through it! Those are the Orange trees of peace and love!
    (9)

(Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

"I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    SPOILERS AHEAD

A rather sad headcanon I just thought of (spurned by a comment someone made in one of the... anti-EW's story threads), about the reasons for the
    KAIROS system's existence in Elpis - I mean, why the hell did Hermes even have such a thing? What need would he have of a device that wipes your memory? Which got me thinking.

What if he created this memory-wiping system as his way of dealing with the pain he felt whenever a living creation is destroyed - namely, rather than dealing with it or running from it, he takes a third option by merely erasing the emotional pain completely by resetting his memories when it gets too much? It would also give him plausible deniability if his somewhat more shady operations came to light (read: Meteion), which of course is exactly what ended up happening when he activated it on the Amaurot Gang inside Ktisis Hyperboreia. And of course, as we saw, it wasn't really working, the moment he first appeared he seemed to have a 'sad clown' image, putting on a brave face for show but was clearly an emotional train-wreck inside.

Unfortunately KAIROS's reason for existing is never adequetly explained during EW's story and comes across as just a convinent deus ex machina, but this theory does neatly explain why it's there (as it is, the moment it's mentioned Emet immediately got suspicious about it, so it's clear it wasn't entirelly above board).

Of course, there is no proof this is why he created it either way, but just my shower thoughts, but it does actually make a lot of sense.
    (1)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 07-05-2022 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Midi Ajihri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Of course, there is no proof this is why he created it either way, but just my shower thoughts, but it does actually make a lot of sense.
    IIRC,
    Kairos was meant to wipe the memory of creations so they can be tested repeatedly or something to the effect.
    But with the game down I can't double-check that.

Though that doesn't mean he didn't also use it that way.
    (8)

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast