Player
    Character
    Reo Ishida
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70

90002 & installation issues

When playing FFXIV on my laptop, I get disconnected less than five minutes after connecting to the game consistently with a 90002 error. I have previously been able to play without issue, but it seems that since the 5.2 patch was released, I can't play at all. Luckily, I have a desktop to play on, but would really like to get my laptop working again.

This issue also seemed to be coming up when updating the game. The progress would get half way through and then the client would just crash and I'd have to start from the beginning.

--- Troubleshooting
    - Uninstalled & reinstalled multiple times
    - Disabled Windows firewall to see if it would make a difference
    - Ping tested the servers

--- My env
    - Razer Blade Stealth Late 2017
    - Windows 10 (Latest)
    - Google Wifi
    - Spectrum
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums,

We apologize for the delay in our response, please try the following troubleshooting steps for the disconnection and installation issues:

- The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

-Make sure your fire wall or antivirus program is not interfering with the game

- Check to see if the following port ranges are opened on your router. You can contact your ISP and request they open them for you:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

-Try disabling background applications and do a clean boot by opening the task manager and selecting the “Start up” tab. Disable everything and then restart the PC.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, could you please provide a system report? Simply go to the 'Config' option on the Final Fantasy XIV launcher and to the right of 'System Information' click on 'Display.'

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)