Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alklios View Post
    Nah, tired of the insensitivity and witch hunting and accusations. This playerbase's failure to present ideas without malicious intent and then thumbs upping speaks for itself.
    The what. Who is witch hunting? Who is accusing? Presenting ideas with malicious intent? Are we looking at the same thread here?

I know it's hard to see, but not everyone is your enemy. People are telling you that you should have read the warning. Disability or no, if you didn't read it, you shouldn't have clicked to confirm it. Telling you that is not malicious or 'witch hunting'. You made a mistake. Keyword being you. I hope you learn from it so it doesn't happen to you again.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Shikaree Sinhunter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    snip
    I can't feel sorry for someone who doesn't bother to read the text before selecting confirmation. That's a (you) issue, not the devs. Changing the color of the text isn't gonna change the competency of humans. Maybe next time fully read it? Ask a friend if it's too hard to understand? An FC? Linkshell?
    (2)
    Last edited by Elkanah; 03-01-2020 at 06:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aelfred Sigmundsson
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    The what. Who is witch hunting? Who is accusing? Presenting ideas with malicious intent? Are we looking at the same thread here?

I know it's hard to see, but not everyone is your enemy. People are telling you that you should have read the warning. Disability or no, if you didn't read it, you shouldn't have clicked to confirm it. Telling you that is not malicious or 'witch hunting'. You made a mistake. Keyword being you. I hope you learn from it so it doesn't happen to you again.
    There's already been folk here trying to discredit my visual disability on behalf i can highlight text with ctrl f and magnify it with ctrl + and i must not have an impairment. The witch hunt is trying to suggest my disability must not impair me on monocolor text with a low text spacing distance. And sarcastic derailing comments. I appreciate the ToS reference on property rightsof the ecommerce however.

I skip over words now and i have been using thousands of glamour slots with chest
    That same warning and not having a materia loss issues until i decided to glamour current tier gear this time after a few years.

So i apologize if somehow ive convinced all i did was ignore a warning insteadof me jumping a word, with an impairment i just developed.

I realize its an incidental mistake on account of my recent condition but that's why I'm asking for a rollback and not to generate materia on my behalf.

Let me grindout all my tomes and money ive made since then. Its very important for me to feel the reward in that work especially becauseit was my first time forbidden melding and i like high stats to helpcarry my friends in learning a fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aelfred Sigmundsson
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkanah View Post
    I can't feel sorry for someone who doesn't bother to read the text before selecting confirmation. That's a (you) issue, not the devs. Changing the color of the text isn't gonna change the competency of humans. Maybe next time fully read it? Ask a friend if it's too hard to understand? An FC? Linkshell?
    That's the thing with a recent condition, its a learning process ive yet to adapt to. I don't have even any forum post or support request history about it.

Id like a rollback which actually puts me at a disadvantage to have to get some eden tokens and tomes back.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Morgan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    It sucks that you lost time and effort, but you aren't gonna get anyone's sympathy by demanding squeenix fix a mistake you made with real life legal arguments.

We've all made a mistake that's made us waste a lot of time in a game before. Best just to accept it and move on, being sure not to do it again.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aelfred Sigmundsson
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkanah View Post
    I didn't actually physically perceive the word "materia" as words swim around and i read over that the item does become spirit bound and reduced to 0% and loses signatures which all of those were nonissues to me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aelfred Sigmundsson
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepjam View Post
    It sucks that you lost time and effort, but you aren't gonna get anyone's sympathy by demanding squeenix fix a mistake you made with real life legal arguments.

We've all made a mistake that's made us waste a lot of time in a game before. Best just to accept it and move on, being sure not to do it again.
    I interpreted it as a deceptive ecommerce sink and it drove me to do some research that night. I can't demand a return on ecommerce now isaw the ToS clause i signed 7 years ago but I'm going to talk to square tonight after this shift to explain the situation. I thought i'd get dev or mod correspondence quickerhere
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Id like a rollback which actually puts me at a disadvantage to have to get some eden tokens and tomes back.
    Not that long ago we had someone come in complaining that their account had been rolled back three months after they'd requested it. Do you really want to wait that long to play the game again over this issue?

I didn't actually physically perceive the word "materia" as words swim around and i read over that the item does become spirit bound and reduced to 0% and loses signatures which all of those were nonissues to me.
    That sounds like a very difficult impairment to expect people to cater to everywhere and in every situation. You've given examples like a shop being required to display a certain notice in the window - what if the "words swim around" and you can't read that either?

While I can't claim to know the legal ins and outs, I would assume that if you have a visual impairment that can stop you from comprehending the meaning of text, then it is your responsibility to ensure that you have understood things correctly because it sounds like something that would be impossible for others to plan for and guaranteeably prevent.

On a side note, you have been rude to several posters for "being insensitive to your visual impairment" but it took you a long time to say that you have one.

So it seems like my takeaway is that I'm expected to spend another 2m+ on gear to make a "copy" of it in my wardrobe to avoid having to constantly glamour dispell when I want its appearance again.
    At the point when you have already melded materia onto it, yes.

If you had put it into the dresser and onto a plate prior to taking it out again and melding it, you wouldn't have needed to buy a second one.

Additionally, unless your data centre has really bad inflation compared to mine (JP Elemental), the price has probably dropped and you won't be paying anywhere near as much for them after the initial rush.

According to Duke Law and Technology's "Who Owns the Virtual Items", (https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi...6&context=dltr)

"Without the guidance of any property regime for virtual items, some courts have simply chosen to treat virtual property as any other personal property owned by the players" in response to a 2007 conviction in Japan, "(explaining that when a Japanese woman destroyed her virtual ex-husband’s in-game character,
    she was charged with illegally manipulating electronic data);"
    They also cited in a 2007 Dutch conviction that "(explaining that the Dutch courts treated the theft of virtual items in the game “Habbo” as theft of real-life personal property was necessary because the players pay real-life cash to play the game and for the virtual items)."

I have a claim to this property by United States consumer law, my materia that has been destroyed, and it is illegal by failure to provide effective notice that accommodates visual disabilities.
    I think a core difference here compared to those examples is that nobody else was involved in actively destroying your materia.

Rightly or wrongly, you did not comprehend the warning, and put the item in the dresser yourself.

Doing so means that you destroyed your materia.

I have no idea how the game notice intersects with US consumer law, but there may be something in the ToS that overrules that requirement - especially when you're not dealing with anything that is worth "real money".

Really, the best real-world equivalent that I can think of is that you bought clothes with specific washing instructions printed on the tag, misread the tag due to your impairment, and it got ruined because you washed it incorrectly. I don't think the company would be at fault in that case.
    (3)
    Last edited by Iscah; 03-01-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Player

Yes, posting on the forums, and getting responses from the community is not ever going to help you when you're facing a frustrating situation such as this.

But the fact remains, that the warning is there, so really there is not much that can be said or done in your defense specifically.

Again, it is extremely frustrating, to do something such as this, and its quite unfortunate.

But keep in mind a few things:

1. That gear is not even cap level gear.
    2. Materia is easily replaced.
    3. Gil is more than abundant (which is one of many options to replace said materia)
    4. If you plan on playing this game for very long at all, you will be melding materia countless times again, to countless pieces of gear.

Its all really, just throw away items. The only things that stick with your character, is your glamour, and you'll likely finding yourself changing that numerous times as well.

Just try to shrug this off, and press onward to more enjoyable experiences.

While, yes, this was not a shining moment, and the warning could be improved, but in reality of the grand scheme of things, this mistake, really doesnt warrant your frustration, and more importantly, does not need to brought to the attention of the developers.

Side note:
    I think there is an achievement for affixing 10,000 pieces of materia, maybe look at this as an opportunity to move a bit closer to that achievement?

Edit:
    People need to find a new hobby at work, breaking this guys post down bit by bit, when he clearly is regretting something, and obviously frustrated, does not help anyone, but is the definition of kicking someone when they are down.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daniolaut; 03-01-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aelfred Sigmundsson
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    @ Iscah

There's been alot of good information posted here from players.

For point 1 on rollbacks, It's actually nice to know that they backup that far but that is usually for people's accounts being tampered with. Rolling back a week or I think even 2 ... for me wouldn't hurt as I forbidden melded a few days after 5.2 dropped.

For point 2, I can't claim any of the materia as ecommerce for what I signed 7 years ago in the ToS. For the Signage I mentioned, it has a red cancel sign (https://www.safetysign.com/images/so...ages/F8152.png) that catches the eye, and must be made conspicuous, the keyword here, for anyone to incriminate you if you walk in with a firearm. I fit's not conspicuous, then you're off the hook due to entrapment protection (they set you up to break a law). The difference in reality being the signage is very inconspicuous and I can lean so large into the sign that I can only see 4-5 words in my IRL FoV.

I think I mentioned earlier I have a visual impairment but I'm gonna reformat this post and keep my original for reference due to me having to post these things when I get off the j-o-b at 2/3 Am.

For point 3, that's a good strategy I'll remember it but it didn't come to mind because I didn't have an outfit planned. My glamour is MOST of the pieces of Master Recipe 8 gear mixed with eden gears, so I already had melded them for stats using an older glamour. I should make a post suggesting workarounds to this.

For point 4, I understand I've been vague with my impairment I still wish to keep confidential to avoid harassment because this game has little protection for it: Looking at monocolor text with low letter spacing causes them to swim around and words to be missed for me now and even at times appear like an incomprehendable wall. So I can miss a word, in this case it was the word " ,materia, " put in a list. I got no visual cue of it, and only read that the warning in that instance was: spiritbonding, 0% durability, and signature removal whcih was fine to me.

There actually is lots of legislation for goods for your example for labels and such having to be conspicuous. Because product makers could make it inconspicuous in attempt to get you to ruin your clothes to buy more, in a rush overstock then discontinue the item.

I am -very- suspicious of MMO's these days, for example I got in a legal battle with Jagex for 3 months trying to get my end game maxxed skills account back that they froze. because I reversed charges they made in my name, and I was quite -angry- because that is the only mmo my late friend who had ALS could play (point and click). Who lost the use of his legs and forearms in that time span.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alklios; 03-01-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast