Character
    Jun Qaadan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammas View Post
    ^this

The second suggestion has all kind of problems too. Tie your survivability into your damage resource and nobody will like it.
    Nobody seems to have a problem with TBN being tied to our damage resource.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Combo Lammas
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xItsValk View Post
    TBN is DPS neutral or if Darkside is carried into raid buffs it can even be a small gain. If you had to pay blood to drop LD's death threat it would be a straight loss. There's quite a difference there.

Also LOL. There's plenty, and I mean plenty, of people who have complained about TBN being tied to a damage resource. I guess they've quieted down over the months but saying nobody has a problem with it is a huge understatement.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    President Obama
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    If TBN doesn't break, that's a 500 potency loss.

I want you to think, for a moment, if Nin's Shadeshift was part of it's rotation, and if the shield wasn't consumed, you'd miss out on a Hyoshu Ranryu. That's how massive this is. 500 potency lost is around 25k ish average damage that just ceases to exist. It's 3k mana, that's an ENTIRE bloodweapon's worth of mana lost...for no reason.

TBN needs to be 9 or 10 seconds in duration. I can't tell you how many times I pull in Ramuh and it DOES NOT break. It's annoying.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    A'syree Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    They need to get rid of the “dead if not healed for your total amount of health in ten seconds” clause. I can’t think of one time (ok maybe once or twice) where I popped LD, I dropped to one HP, and then proceeded to NOT die from that debuff.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    A'syree Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicOverlord85 View Post
    They need to get rid of the “dead if not healed for your total amount of health in ten seconds” clause. I can’t think of one time (ok maybe once or twice) where I popped LD, I dropped to one HP, and then proceeded to NOT die from that debuff.
    Or at the very least drop the requirement to 50% of our total health instead of 100%.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lavitz Orlandeau
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Said this before.

Giving DRK lifesteal/drain on attacks during the "Undead" state might go a decent way in helping out the healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius2625 View Post
    If TBN doesn't break, that's a 500 potency loss.

I want you to think, for a moment, if Nin's Shadeshift was part of it's rotation, and if the shield wasn't consumed, you'd miss out on a Hyoshu Ranryu. That's how massive this is. 500 potency lost is around 25k ish average damage that just ceases to exist. It's 3k mana, that's an ENTIRE bloodweapon's worth of mana lost...for no reason.

TBN needs to be 9 or 10 seconds in duration. I can't tell you how many times I pull in Ramuh and it DOES NOT break. It's annoying.
    Not the topic, but isn't this going to get worse as more gear comes online?
    (0)

Player
    Gridania and Ul'dah (because Ishgard not allowed to be starting city-state :c)
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xItsValk View Post
    Kinda late to the party on that... Though better late than never I suppose...
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEwah View Post
    Making things brain dead doesn't solve problems.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Why not just have fatal damage induce a granular debuff?

Borrowed Time
    Grants the effect of Death's Dance. When HP is reduced to 0 while under the effect of Death's Dance, instead of becoming KO'd, all would-be overkill damage generates Mortal Coil.
    Mortal Coil effect: Would-be overkill damage postponed for 10 seconds. Must be removed via healing before its duration ends or the bearer will die. Additionally, generates damage reduction based on % of HP stored in Mortal Coil, e.g. 100% damage reduction when the Dark Knight has absorbed as much fatal damage as they have maximum HP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lann Devereux
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    My biggest problem with LD is the amount of effort it takes for a non-whm to save the DK. When the tank is a DK, the healer is a WHM, and the content is something actually challenging like savage, the WHM instantly knows that the DK might LD at some point and will save benediction for that moment. Or just go ham with the healing because they have stupid-awesome healing output.

SCH would burn through lustrates, recitation, ET + Aldo, and Fey illum just to save the DK. Not sure about AST since I don't play them.

My point: if LD had a built-in convalescence, I would be less annoyed, as a SCH main healer. Or if DKs could somehow clear it themselves, that would be fantastic. At least WARs have ToB and equil after using HG.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Makeda Fyah
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    PLD: You're immune to damage for x-seconds
    WAR: Your health cannot go below 1 for x-seconds
    GNB: You're health is now 1 and... you're immune to damage for X-seconds
    DRK: You have no immunity and no damage mitigation and now need to be healed up to your full health or you're dead

It seems to me like the logical fix is to just copy WAR or GNB... Or you could just use something from The Blackest Knight: You can't go below 1 health and the damage you take beyond your total health is converted into a Dark Arts proc if it exceeds 25% of your health.

That said I dislike that PLD's is the clear winner in all of these. It seems like 3 of them need a buff, or 1 needs a nerf and one needs a buff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Makeda; 03-31-2020 at 05:22 AM.
    Striving for perfection is the path to one's downfall. 'Tis the paradox of the immaculate carrot. | Jah Bless. One God, One Aim, and One Destiny - Marcus Garvey.
    Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war - Ras Tafari.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast