Player
    Character
    Zamiel Vonklaus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

PLD improvements

playing as MT PLD I noticed some skills that could be improved.

I divided my ideas into Major, those that I think should be improved and revised, Middle, preferable but not impacting, and minor, suggestions nothing more .

Major =>
    1. Goring Blade => Weaponskill/Instant/60s Delivers an attack with a potency of 300. Additional Effect: Damage over time. Potency: 90. Duration: 30s.
    2. Shield Bash => replaces Goring Blade in the combo and reduces damage taken by 5/10% for 21 sec instead of applying stun
    3. Atonement => each combo with Royal Authority will apply a Sword Oath stack. At the third stack they can be used to launch it. 600 damage and recover MP (1500)
    4. Confiteor => consume all Oath to be cast. With 50 base damage if used with 100 it increases the damage by 50%, as if it was used under Requiescat
    5. Spirits Within => Delivers an attack with a potency of 220. Additional Effect: Restores MP. Additional Effect: Increases healing magic potency on self by 25% if current HP is at 50% or lower. Duration: 12s

Middle =>
    1. Divine veil => it also applies the effect on themselves and/or there is no obligation to be healed to be triggered

Minor =>
    1. Sheltron => When under Sheltron's effect, damage is dealt to the attacker each time damage is blocked

Bonus/Extra =>
    1. better animation for Holy Spirit and Clemency
    2. Intervention renamed to Holy Shield

what do you think? yes / no / maybe?
    (1)
    Last edited by Zamiel; 02-24-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    I'm sorry for my bad English

Player
    Character
    Sabora Makingai
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I personally have to disagree with everything but Veil (except that it should still need to be proc'd by a heal. Though I think it should be any heal instead of a GCD heal)
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Chryden Speakel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    The only thing that need to be fixed is cover.
    It's nearly useless now, because you can't use it for a while after you died, but in that moment you need it the most.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    No.

Paladin's really good and well designed currently.
    Only veil could eventually be a thing to "fix".
    Otherwise, no.
    (9)

Player
    Gridania and Ul'dah (because Ishgard not allowed to be starting city-state :c)
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Personally I would just bring back Shield Oath as basically a heal shield Sheltron and Intervention(still cost Oath gauge though), and Clemency as well(still costs MP), have Cover be a 500-600 cure potency Regen and have 1200 cure potency shield, and for Atonement I would basically rework it and Sword Oath to where the ability name, potency, and animation change based on the number of Sword Oath stacks(less stacks = more potency) though it does require bringing back Savage Blade as the combo ender over Rage of Halone which then upgrades into Royal Authority(Royal Authority would be level 70 Sword Oath upgrade and Rage of Halone would be level 60 while having Atonement be level 50)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEwah View Post
    Making things brain dead doesn't solve problems.

Player
    Character
    Chloe Lehideux
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post

I divided my ideas into Major, those that I think should be improved and revised, Middle, preferable but not impacting, and minor, suggestions nothing more .

Major =>
    1. Goring Blade => Weaponskill/Instant/60s Delivers an attack with a potency of 300. Additional Effect: Damage over time. Potency: 90. Duration: 30s.
    2. Shield Bash => replaces Goring Blade in the combo and reduces damage taken by 5/10% for 21 sec instead of applying stun
    3. Atonement => each combo with Royal Authority will apply a Sword Oath stack. At the third stack they can be used to launch it. 600 damage and recover MP (1500)
    4. Confiteor => consume all Oath to be cast. With 50 base damage if used with 100 it increases the damage by 50%, as if it was used under Requiescat
    5. Spirits Within => Delivers an attack with a potency of 220. Additional Effect: Restores MP. Additional Effect: Increases healing magic potency on self by 25% if current HP is at 50% or lower. Duration: 12s

Middle =>
    1. Divine veil => it also applies the effect on themselves and/or there is no obligation to be healed to be triggered

Minor =>
    1. Sheltron => When under Sheltron's effect, damage is dealt to the attacker each time damage is blocked

Bonus/Extra =>

1. Goring blade change is going to nerf PLD potency output, thats all what i have to say

2. Shield bash would be a combo that is going to be never used, because it wont give any dps gains.

3. Attonement change would push players into using royal authority only

4. Confiteor - no just no, that would be an absolute mess

5. Spirits Within - please hell no what a mad idea, paladin is not healer

6. Divine veil - warrior has shake it off already

7. What damage is dealt? Warrior has something like this on their best deffensive cooldown, why pld deserve to have it on demand? This would make PLD way way ahead of other tanks in dungeons.

8. Nou

Quote Originally Posted by DRKoftheAzure View Post
    Personally I would just bring back Shield Oath as basically a heal shield Sheltron and Intervention(still cost Oath gauge though), and Clemency as well(still costs MP), have Cover be a 500-600 cure potency Regen and have 1200 cure potency shield, and for Atonement I would basically rework it and Sword Oath to where the ability name, potency, and animation change based on the number of Sword Oath stacks(less stacks = more potency) though it does require bringing back Savage Blade as the combo ender over Rage of Halone which then upgrades into Royal Authority(Royal Authority would be level 70 Sword Oath upgrade and Rage of Halone would be level 60 while having Atonement be level 50)
    Shield oath as a heal shield? Healers do not need paladins help, its pointless.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nedkel; 02-25-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aodhan O'finnegain
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post

Major =>

Middle =>

Minor =>

Bonus/Extra =>

So pretty much veil is the only worth while change you made in all of this.

1. Goring blade change would be a massive nerf to paladin damage.

2. Shield bash effect has been removed from the game for over 2 years now, and it is clear it will not make a return, especially with Reprisal/ Feint/ addle in respective cross-roles.

3. Atonement as it is, is fine, and allows paladin to optimise rotations around fights, while this change hinders this possibility and further nerfs the damge dealt by paladins.

4. Confiteor is fine as it is, this change would mean no paladin would use it's oath guage for anything but Confiteor. Thus no longer use Sheltron or Intervention.

5. Spirits Within does not need it's potency nerfed for one, and the healing potency effect is pointless, as it probably would not save healers GCDs.

Divine Veil, I'll agree with affecting self, but move to keep the heal requirement, but add in an excog effect, where after 30seconds, it will proc itself and apply the veil, thus allow to keep niche planned usage of the skill.

I think the Sheltron changed additional effect is not needed, only block/parry effect changed to deal with critical damage incoming, as it is the one major chink in the defensive set of paladin.

Animations are fine for both skills, and renaming Intervention serves little to no purpose, except fill an ideology one may have of the paladin, but may conflict with anothers view.
    (5)
    Last edited by aodhan_ofinnegain; 02-25-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Val Vermillion
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I think shield bash should be removed and replaced with shield swipe with an oath gauge cost, or alternatively change shield bash to fulfill the same concept.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedkel View Post
    Shield oath as a heal shield? Healers do not need paladins help, its pointless.
    The devs could always buff how much damage enemies do if balance was a really big issue for tanks and healers...

Maybe make kiting enemies in dungeons to work as intended for once instead of "you pulled this one thing so now you pulled all the other things" just for good measure if tanks being absurdly powerful with self sustained is going to be that much of an issue for you...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by VargasVermillion View Post
    I think shield bash should be removed and replaced with shield swipe with an oath gauge cost, or alternatively change shield bash to fulfill the same concept.
    I would also make Shield Bash a single target oGCD, and bring Shield Swipe(just without the block proc).
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast