Player
    Character
    Tohe Spidhire
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by icy_ View Post
    It is technically slowing down the finish of the craft, which could become problematic if doing a ton of items -- e.g. a load of some low-level potion or whatever. Trained Eye->Basic Synthesis->Ding, Ding like 30x, you end up having as many Dings as steps. It really is a tad degrading.
    Should just finish Ding-less and some seconds earlier, imo. There's already the in-game message saying it's HQ. I don't even craft much, but this is annoying to me.
    When omni-crafting, you're always crafting HQ gear, so the double-ding is audio clutter. I've been doing crafting in my house, but I can imagine what it sounds like when in a busy common area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohe-Spidhire View Post
    That sounds like:

System > Character > Character tab > Battle Effects Settings

It would be annoying if one were required to manually change that just to enjoy a little fishing.
    I've confirmed that, by turning OFF your battle effects, you don't get the cartoony fishing queues, but you still get the double-ding crafting effects.

Frankly, and I see someone said to not harp on the developers, I can only realistically describe this as lazy coding. It is literally, "we want to save time, so don't add a customization option; just allow it to be turned off with this generic battle-related setting."

Sorry, the following must be said: Unless developers spend time to flesh out a feature by thinking about how it impacts gameplay and the user interface, the coding can only be described as "half-assed." No insult intended; that's just what it is, and not appropriate for what is supposed to be a polished MMO experience.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohe-Spidhire View Post
    Sorry, the following must be said: Unless developers spend time to flesh out a feature by thinking about how it impacts gameplay and the user interface, the coding can only be described as "half-assed." No insult intended; that's just what it is, and not appropriate for what is supposed to be a polished MMO experience.
    In a crowded crafting area (around the scrip vendor in Eulmore on day one) I did not notice any change at all in my auditory experience, because it's the same sound effect as it always was, so it was no different than having a few more people there. I did not even notice the sound had changed to a double ding until I went to craft somewhere alone. Also, the double ding does not add any additional time, because the length of the animation is still the same as it always was.

All I'm saying is that there are certain people in this forum who will take any little thing that they do not like and make it into a huge problem and act as though SE is the worst developer ever. You can say you don't like something and ask for it to be changed without all the melodrama.

If the sound effect is really hampering your ability to enjoy crafting, you can turn it off by turning Sound Effects to zero in settings. However, you won't have the other crafting sound effects.

As for the fishing indicators, that was actually a helpful change as I am now able to fish comfortably with the sound off and still know what size tug I'm getting without having to stare at the pole and try to figure out how far down the light went. I don't play with a controller, so I don't have the benefit of the vibrations. I DO think the sound addition here was unnecessary however.
    (1)
    Last edited by Elamys; 02-24-2020 at 02:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tohe Spidhire
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    In a crowded crafting area (around the scrip vendor in Eulmore on day one) I did not notice any change at all in my auditory experience, because it's the same sound effect as it always was, so it was no different than having a few more people there. I did not even notice the sound had changed to a double ding until I went to craft somewhere alone. Also, the double ding does not add any additional time, because the length of the animation is still the same as it always was.
    Noted. Myself, I wasn't concerned about time, just the distracting double-ding.

All I'm saying is that there are certain people in this forum who will take any little thing that they do not like and make it into a huge problem and act as though SE is the worst developer ever. You can say you don't like something and ask for it to be changed without all the melodrama.

If the sound effect is really hampering your ability to enjoy crafting, you can turn it off by turning Sound Effects to zero in settings. However, you won't have the other crafting sound effects.
    Agree no need for drama. However, turning down audio isn't a valid solution, as you say.

As for the fishing indicators, that was actually a helpful change as I am now able to fish comfortably with the sound off and still know what size tug I'm getting without having to stare at the pole and try to figure out how far down the light went. I don't play with a controller, so I don't have the benefit of the vibrations. I DO think the sound addition here was unnecessary however.
    Interesting. Using m+kb, I'm actually (peacefully) watching the pole for movement. The ding and exclamation points are a distraction.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Olivia Steelheart
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I had not crafted anything since this change was put in the patch notes, but last night I did finally do some crafting.

I don't like the double ding when creating a HQ item.

I feel it is unnecessary, and it annoys me. The one ding that occurred when your character raised their fist in victory was completely fine.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2