Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanneOrnitier View Post
    Ruby Weapon/Sorrow of Werlyt

WoL compared the Nael battle data thing to soul crystals, but I don't think it's that apt a comparison? Nael seemed to actually take over the pilot's consciousness. I don't recall a soul crystal ever doing that.
    I'd say that...

It's presumably something more akin to what was going on in Ivalice due to auracite being the catalyst involved in the process.

If the empire can seriously mass-produce the stuff and essentially turn their soldiers into primals at will, that's gonna be a big problem going into the future.

I'm kind of hoping that the other weapon pilots do not meet the same fate and we find a way to disable their Oversoul mode courtesy of Cid.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianFire View Post
    More MSQ Stuff
    I don't think the white-robed figure talking to Zenos can be Venat. The figure says his knowledge of the Final Days of Amarot is mostly second-hand. That really doesn't match up with Venat being around for Zodiark's summoning which was in the Last Days. I also have a hard time seeing Hydaelyn's summoner referring to that time period as "the world's end" since the entire point of Hydaelyn was to keep the world from not ending.

If I had to take a guess who Venat ended up becoming, I'd say Minfillia is a way better guess. Minfillia is repeatedly said to have been the most attuned to Hydaelyn's thoughts and voice out of all the Echo users and Minfilia literally became Hydaeyn's voice. She directly calls herself Hydaelyn's Emissary at one point even. She's very much a counterpart to Elidibus in that both of them claim to speak for their various gods instead of themselves.

It's worth noting that while the 14th Convocation member wasn't a part of Hydaelyn's summoning initially, there's nothing preventing them from joining her side later. Which could actually be more evidence for the 14th Convocation member being tempered by Hydaeyn. If they didn't die while summoning her, then I can't think of any reason she wouldn't be able to temper them same as Zoidark did to the Ascians if she wanted to.
    Yeah I'm kinda in the same line of thought as you on that....

especially if we want to take into consideration that Venat would be the ultimate antithesis to Elidibus... no not would be but is. Also I'm thinking Venat may end up being a female as well (due to Venat in XII being female and from what I have read about the others who were with Zodiark from XII (ie Igyoerhm and what not) they've pretty much kept the sexes the same. If I'm wrong please dont slaughter me I never finished XII, Vaan annoyed me and I can't stand the gameplay of Tactics.) It would also make alot of sense to seeing as how Hydaelyn is female. A lot of times women are regarded as the bringers and nurturers of life while men are the fighters and destroyers (sometimes not as harsh as it sounds) of life.

There's also the fact that I can still guarantee from my edited post from earlier that the va is the same va for the English dialogue of Asahi.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rannie; 02-19-2020 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Ok let me make this more comprehensible one sec.

Player
    Character
    Midi Ajihri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenral View Post
    Snip.
    Re: Hythlodaeus
    I don’t think the 14th is Hythlodaeus, we are not Hythlodaeus, and he is his own person. Especially considering we’re implied to be the 14th, Hythlodaeus uses male pronouns, and when he and Hades mention their “friend” in game and in the Tales, they either use gender neutral pronouns or that of your character’s gender.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Mihn Saruihn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    MSQ ok but... on his 'mysterious' plan...

Didn't the flood happen because WoL did various heroic things, got certain crystals to manifest and that tipped the balance additionally to defeating the ascians in the first place?
    Won't having bunch of new WoL just do the same when the balance is still fairly fragile? Didn't we talk about that with the scions or I'm missing something? They should know this! To me this seemed like the obvious plan from Elidibus... or maybe it's something far more complicated... which is also possible.

That's about the only thing that bothered me. :la
    There is also that idealistic fools are far easier to manipulate so I take he just needed new puppets?

Venat's name was dropped just like Emet-selch's. I think that mysterious figure talking to Zenos is him. We saw he planned to become Hydaelyn's heart but we never saw or heard if he did. He could have failed or had other sinister plans? Or maybe he separated from her and that's why Minfilia had to step in?
    Questions, questions...

(5)
    Last edited by MuseTraveller; 02-19-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseTraveller View Post
    -snip-
    Ten characters of spoilers.

This bothered me as well. It's pretty obvious /why/ Elidibus might be doing this. To the point that even if he turns around and decides to reveal that no, he was planning 'x' all along instead, it's still amazing that the Scion's didn't put two and two together. Then again the Scion's have never been very quick on the uptake. I'm still scratching my head over how they failed to see the link between the Red Kyojin and Asahi back in Stormblood - though the obvious answer is that the plot demands that they be kept in the dark for the sake of a potential 'gotcha' moment.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enla View Post
    <snip>
    --10 chars.

I'm still shocked they figured out Elidibus within a couple scenes. It was very obvious of course, but that's never stopped them being oblivious before.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatecalibur View Post
    I believe it was mentioned when you first arrive in Amaurot. The ancients speak the "Babel" language that is both alien and completely understandable by everyone.

Minimum post.
    Ah thanks, I have already forgotten that.

More about the MSQ

Did I miss it or was that picture of the blue figure not part of the story?

Also I am honestly not really sure what I should take from the 14th being neutral. Seemingly they disagreed with the summoning of Zodiark (so much that they even left their seat) yet also wont help to take him down? You can be neutral in some situations, like when two people have an argument and you try to unite them once more. But in that situation I find it quite strange that they are neutral. Did they have another plan? Because if the 14th is our ancient version of the WoL then they are quite different right now because the WoL never really stood back and only watched.

I hope we get more information on that.

Also honestly I wonder why they ever made Ysthola blind..nothing in her actions or behaviour seems to be hindered by it. With all the reading she is doing I have to remind myself that she cant see normally anymore. Just give her back her eyesight because unlike Thancred she does not suffer direct consequences from it.

Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianFire View Post
    Thoughts...

MSQ
    Oh boy... where to start. Guess I'll start with the Echo which is the easiest. And very, very weird to the point of being suspicious. For starters, not everyone who sees the Starshower gets the Echo. Which makes everyone on the plaza hearing Hydaelyn's voice very odd just by itself. And speaking of Hydaelyn's voice, why are they even hearing it? Hydaelyn hasn't talked to us since 3.4 at the latest, and even then she needed Minfillia as an intermediary. The last time we actually heard Hydaelyn herself was back in 3.0 briefly. And even then there was a lot of "static" in the way. It boggles the mind that a bunch of random nobodies would hear Hydaelyn's "Hear, Feel, Think" mantra and we wouldn't. I am very suspicions that visual illusions aren't the only kind of illusions Elidibus can make and that he somehow made everyone hear Hydaelyn's famous catchphrase. Except the one person who knows exactly what Hydaelyn really does sound like since when Hydaelyn could talk, she wouldn't stop talking to us (or trying to talk to us in 3.x).

As for why Elidibus would want to wake the Echo up in people... The Ascians have been having issues with getting killed recently. Between us, Ardbert and Gaius, they're down a bunch of members and anyone that does get made into an Ascian needs to have the Echo. Widening the pool of people they can raise up into Ascians is probably something that needs to happen at this point. It also directly attacks the Scions' base on the Source by depriving it of manpower.

About your points
    I am also a bit skeptical. Elidibus says that she uses the starshower to reach for people that in turn get the echo (yet some dont? So is that a confirmation that people like the Scions are new souls?) but he is the one using an illusion of it so why would Hydealyn then be able to speak through it?

Interesting point about him wanting more Ascians but imo I believe that he simply wants to get back to their old plan before the Flood happened. There they created WoLs by using huge conflicts thus I think that he simply tries to create more WoLs and over time create another rejoining. He knows that we cant be there forever and he knows that we are still a mortal and that time can run different on the shards. It would be easy to just start new in that part. If it is his plan then I am a bit annoyed that the scions are not even thinking about this as a possibility especially when its them that outright say that he is there to finish Emets plan.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alleo; 02-19-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Soren Thazriel
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Zenos/Other Small Bit

The white-robed figure in English sounds an awful lot like Asahi and what limited features we get to see of his chin/nose/mouth look similar to Asahi's as well. So if that is Asahi the question's whether it's actually him or someone using his body. Hard to really tell who it is exactly, but I have a hard time believing it's that Asahi somehow got revived and was suddenly learned everything in some way. It seems much more likely that this is someone who is using Asahi's body to get close to Zenos. Question, of course, is who.

Since he did refer to himself as a dog without a master, and a hunting dog if Zenos wished it, plus immediately jumped to talking about Zodiark... For some reason I almost wonder if it could be something really crazy. Like a fractured Lahabrea who didn't technically die, but had his aether absorbed by Thordan's sword which might've been released after Thordan's death? He did mention it being secondhand knowledge though so who knows if that's actually true or a lie. I just don't see why they would bother going through all the effort to fully revive Asahi and dump a bunch of info into him instead of having his body possessed by someone who is essentially leading Zenos into reviving Zodiark at full power.

Also that freaking Shoebill showed up once again if you went up into the little cliff-based cave while looking for the livers in the Tempest. Just. Staring. At Ryne. I guess I wouldn't put it past the writing team to reveal it as one big running gag that serves no other purpose but a fun easter egg, but that seems so unlikely at this point. Someone is watching us either through the guise of a Shoebill or through the Shoebill's eyes. It is always seen staring at us or one of our comrades, and it's been found in the flipping Tempest in the most unlikely places which has no explanation. Not to mention it drops from Amaurot. If there isn't some giant drop/reveal involving the Shoebill by the end of this, and it doesn't show up post-Norvrandt, I'll be disappoint. Even if it turns out it was just Elidibus observing things and figuring what pieces on the chess board need to be manipulated/dealt with.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sorenthaz; 02-19-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ainslie Tinley
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    snip
    About the Ashai thing, I agree with you and I'm happy I'm not the only one who thought that. The voice is absolutely the same (at least in Japanese) and honestly I think the body is the same too. Surely what we see of the face matches and the size too.
    My thought was: "oh no, they're playing with the dead again" though your theory of the different shard is intriguing, although I'm not sure how much possible.

Other than that, always MSQ-related
    just how sweet is Runar? Also, I'm happy our WoL was very angry at the use of poor Ardbert's body. It reflected my feelings too. Although, despite being glad they recognized the trick right away, I'm kinda displeased they really have no clue what to do to stop his plan and just encourage people in their WoL pursuit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    Ah thanks, I have already forgotten that.

More about the MSQ

Did I miss it or was that picture of the blue figure not part of the story?

Also I am honestly not really sure what I should take from the 14th being neutral. Seemingly they disagreed with the summoning of Zodiark (so much that they even left their seat) yet also wont help to take him down? You can be neutral in some situations, like when two people have an argument and you try to unite them once more. But in that situation I find it quite strange that they are neutral. Did they have another plan? Because if the 14th is our ancient version of the WoL then they are quite different right now because the WoL never really stood back and only watched.

I hope we get more information on that.

Also honestly I wonder why they ever made Ysthola blind..nothing in her actions or behaviour seems to be hindered by it. With all the reading she is doing I have to remind myself that she cant see normally anymore. Just give her back her eyesight because unlike Thancred she does not suffer direct consequences from it.
    Err Alleo it does have consequences shes using her own aether to be able to see aether and thus draining her Aether in a constant basis. If shes not careful it will kill her like Master Matoya warned her. It may seem like she has no issues seeing but she also cant see the night sky and had to have Urianger describe it to her in his verbose manner. The only reason. Shes even able to read is the inks are pretty much made with the help of Aether...
    (2)
    Last edited by Rannie; 02-19-2020 at 06:49 PM.
    I have a secret to tell. From my electrical well. It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells. So the room must listen to me Filibuster vigilantly. My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e. My story's infinite Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest- TMBG Birdhouse in your Soul
    A huge THANK YOU!!!! For FINALLY selling the Meteor Survivor Polo on the store. AND a huge thanks to my friend who bought it for me while he was at Fan Fest!!! YES I finally have my POLO!!!

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast