Thread: Why

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Oh? So for someone who played since the beginning like me can get even stronger? You are late for the bus because they have done that and it is not working. Go read some old 2.0 patch notes and you will realize that FF14 used to have “PvP” gear with special stats but yeah that didn’t work well at all
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinemights View Post
    Oh? So for someone who played since the beginning like me can get even stronger? You are late for the bus because they have done that and it is not working. Go read some old 2.0 patch notes and you will realize that FF14 used to have “PvP” gear with special stats but yeah that didn’t work well at all
    I remember posting on AJ back when it was active (a PvP forums for WoW where you needed 2200+ rating to post) and virtually every high ranked PvPer wanted gear to become irrelevant. It's not just the lil guys that hated it too.

yo gimme some of that morale gear tho homie
    (1)
    FanGathering Mail Rail London Nov 2019 (✓)
    Lavigne#0001
    PvPaissa Staff - https://discord.gg/sUy86UC
    Leader of Reign Community (2004-Present)

Player
    Character
    Yesunova Hotgo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Myon88 View Post
    You zoomers and your fixation with fair and balanced PvP. Back in my day when we played chess, if you were a higher rank you got to start with two queens. And people never complained because it was just part of the game, if you played more you were obviously better and deserved it.
    OK, zoomer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    You zoomers and your fixation with fair and balanced PvP. Back in my day when we played chess, if you were a higher rank you got to start with two queens. And people never complained because it was just part of the game, if you played more you were obviously better and deserved it.
    yo i was joking last time i spoke to you, you can still talk about lords of verminion in every post.
    (1)
    Lavigne#0001

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    ^Don't you worry, I'll bring it up whenever it's relevant, but since you asked,

Fun fact: did you know that every minion I consider 'meta' can be acquired by the time the MSQ lets you go to the gold saucer?

Coeurl Kitten/Wolf Pup: quest in Aleport
    Black Coeurl: bought with MGP
    Baby Bat: FATE in La Noscea
    Wind-up Bartz: stormblood bonus item
    anti-crystal mammets: bought with MGP

There's technically one minion, the wind-up kojin from stormblood beast tribes, that's the best anti-crystal minion by far. But it's not a terrible handicap to play without it since you can just outskill your opponent. I'm telling you, whoever the minion dev is, it's almost like they did this on purpose. Sure makes it easy to duel people on other DCs with alts.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    ^Don't you worry, I'll bring it up whenever it's relevant, but since you asked,

Fun fact: did you know that every minion I consider 'meta' can be acquired by the time the MSQ lets you go to the gold saucer?

Coeurl Kitten/Wolf Pup: quest in Aleport
    Black Coeurl: bought with MGP
    Baby Bat: FATE in La Noscea
    Wind-up Bartz: stormblood bonus item
    anti-crystal mammets: bought with MGP

There's technically one minion, the wind-up kojin from stormblood beast tribes, that's the best anti-crystal minion by far. But it's not a terrible handicap to play without it since you can just outskill your opponent. I'm telling you, whoever the minion dev is, it's almost like they did this on purpose. Sure makes it easy to duel people on other DCs with alts.
    ty based lov god
    (1)
    Lavigne#0001

7. 02-16-2020 01:13 PM

Player
    Character
    Bubble'gum Blue
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 53
    Why?

Just because. :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cat Man
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianji878 View Post
    randomize everyone at the same lvl whit same Hp
    Everyone having the same stats is the opposite of "random"

Quote Originally Posted by Gianji878 View Post
    it's part of the game to face someone whit better gear if he played more Than you or he is better at pvping, PvP is player Vs player not just when you duel someone but also when your are working to take the better gear you can to have advantage vs other.
    It's part of A game if you make it part of it. Thank god they removed gear years ago. It was fucking awful, I remember stomping entire teams in Wolves Den because i had 4 pieces of pvp gear and they had none ( pvp gear was horribly grindy to get). It wasn't rewarding it was just cheap and lame.

As to "why": Because no one played it because no one liked getting smashed in their first time in a battle with no hope of even fighting back because they hadn't put in 200 hours of grinding (most of it waiting in a ridiculously long queue). It's one of best decisions they made in regards to PvP. Too bad they went back on another one and decided that bringing back idiotic chaotic 3-way battles was good after all (after realizing it wasn't 2-3 years ago) somehow, but that's another topic
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I love you Myon88. <3
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2