Player
    Character
    Euliemia Moonfall
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90

SE Allowing Harassment

I am going to put this here and idc what the peanut gallery thinks,at this point i am completely fed up and frustrated beyond simple words can ever express about the stance and inability of SE Game Master to do their job regarding harassment it is beyond f####g belief.And idc if this is allowed or not bc frankly i am getting ready to leave this game.

An Overview:
    Around 4/5 months ago I was sitting with my friend in limsa when someone by the name (redacted) started harassing me.I was simply just sitting with my friend when this (redacted) person who I do not know started trying get my friends attn then in say chat they "Hey, do you know (me) is a guy?" then everytime they see me they keep do laugh emote at me and run away.For some reason I am unable to blacklist this person.What i am or where I am from is private info to me, idk how they know but my guess it bc they are in an fc I used to be in the Leader is still salty that I left about a year ago and perhaps decided to get people after me (just an assumption).I put in a ticket on this person and spoke to a GM.I was told they would investigate it.
    According to SE's Prohibited Behaviour in Final Fantasy XIV
    link: (redacted)

Harassment
    "Harassment" means speech and/or behaviour that inflicts deep emotional distress on another person. It is an extremely serious violation. Where Square Enix determines that harassment has occurred, a penalty equal to or higher than "Temporary Service Account Suspension" may be imposed.
    Then within the list in that section
    ・Disclosing or indicating another person's real world personal information without permission
    So based on what I said above this person would dealt with accordingly? Nope wrong, in fact a week this person was still around and started to harass me more.I then put in another ticket and this time got 2 GM's to msg me.Again I explained everything to them and all they can say is to blacklist this person.. well gee, if only i could?! and even if i can it does not stop them to bother me or go around in say chat and say things about me only if i was able to blacklist them I would not be able to see that.Finally after a while I msg this persons fc leader and she said they would take care of it
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...7348481516943/
    (1)
    Last edited by Chrisnetika; 02-10-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Euliemia Moonfall
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    3 days later, this person continues to harass me again.This time I tell them to leave me alone and get away from me bc at this point i am really fed the f up.I lost all confidence and hope SE will do anything, If my privacy and safety does not seem to matter to them at all.So i msg their fc leader again this time no so nice msg, told her wonder if she would like if the same happened to her that someones will harass her, in return she got angry with me then couple days later I seen this person no longer in their FC so they continued to bother me and said "now you can no longer msg (redacted) (their fc leader) anymore now i'm no in the fc".
    After a while things were quiet for about a month? Then i was in Eulmore trying to help a friend augment gear I made for them, when again (redacted) shows up (this time back in that fc) and started bother me again.I said again leave me alone! then I wrote another ticket. (at this point i wrote about 5 tickets).
    Again things seemed quiet and was hoping this time SE finally did their job and did something and this person finally got the idea to finally leave me alone.At this time I accrued another harasser who is going around with an alt saying stuff about me but this a diff case diff person.
    About over a week ago I was sitting in front of my house looking over the beach and just relaxing then I saw someone running into my yard, at 1st I was not sure who it was then I saw .. guess who?!?! (redacted) again this time instead of bothering me in limsa/eulmore or any other pubic area they decided it was not enough so they tracked me estate down and came into my lot and bother me there also and leaving msg in my book.So I filed anotherrrr ticket.( 6 by now)
    Now today my old fc leader msg me on discord asking me who (redacted) is and I told them who it was, and asked him why? He then told me (redacted) was msging them and asking about me and why I am no longer there.
    (1)
    Last edited by Chrisnetika; 02-10-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Euliemia Moonfall
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    So I am very frustrated about SE inaction to follow on their rules and apply proper action.Seems my safety and privacy means nothing to allow this person to continue doing what they are doing and all they can say is "we will investigate this and rest assured if they are found in violation they will be dealt with"And they tell me "we recommend you blacklist this person" Which I am unable to do for some reason.And even so it does not stop them from harassing me so SE here a better idea,Do your damn F### JOB!!!!! I am tired you guys saying you gonna do this and that, there is no way to hold SE accountable to make sure they are actually doing what they said they would I feel they tell us they are doing xyz to shut us up and instead their masking tape solution to everything is to blacklist which in itself does not fully work.There is no way to see or tell if they are actually investigating or outcome of it bc they cite privacy .. ironically when it comes to my privacy SE you do not give a flying s##t and I am fed up.I do not spend 30+ $ every month to be subject to this (sub + retainers+ companion app).If you cannot take my tickets serious and deal with such things properly then I feel my money is no longer good to you so at this point this is gonna be my last moth in this game.Change needs to happen in how things are handled, more and better channels of support need to be added that deal with things.It is bulls##t that when you call their support they do not wanna help with anything other than account issues, and when you wanna talk to a GM all they tell you is use ingame option.Basically they can send GM to you and talk to you but reality is that is it, SE will drop it like a hat bc it convenient to do so or they feel it not serious enough to deal with.
    I have even asked a GM to give a simple solution they were not even willing to give, i asked if they can give me a courtesy xfer and give me price of my home so I can move right away and they would not even do that, instead I have to pay a fee and get nothing for my house and I am the victim? what kind of crap is that?

So I hope 1 day SE takes harassment serious, in an age of cyber bullying you would think a big company like SE would take a proper stance and seems they do not give a damn and I am so fed up on their inaction.

I will repost this here if I have to untill I get an official response from SE and how they plan to handle harassment properly and finally do something about this jerk.I will take a screenshot and send it to every point of contact in SE if I have to and if they continue to ignore will send it any outlet that will gaslight this issue untill SE is forced to finally deal with it.I totally had it with SE!!!!
    (1)
    Last edited by Chrisnetika; 02-10-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    As frustrating as the situation is, you shouldn't be naming the person here, because it's against the forum rules and is likely to get you punished if a moderator sees it - and you're clearly posting because you want a moderator to see it. So.

Same for rude language. It's against the forum rules, so using it in a post targeted at the moderators is not a good approach to get your message heard.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Euliemia Moonfall
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Time I wrote it I was .. well still frustrated, But I understand it may come off negativity to everyone when I am serious about get this issue known, and hope to get some kind of traction so i redacted the name and censored some words.Although idc of penalties because I plan to leave.I hope nobody else has to do with this so my hopes SE takes things like this serious.If SE more concerned about penalties to me bc my message rather than the reason then they have their priorities all wrong.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elai Khatahdyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Point number one - swearing at the people who want to help you is not the way to go.
    Point number two - there is no reason at all that shouldn't be able to black list this person. Next time you try, make a note of everything you try. Have you made the Devs aware that you are unable to blacklist? If not, do so immediately. They will expect you to protect yourself by blacklisting the harasser so the fact that you can't for some reason will be very important. Perhaps there is a bug, perhaps you're doing something wrong.
    They are very adamant about not tolerating harassment but if they aren't aware that you can't blacklist this person, there isn't much they can do without a ban. Have you provided chat log evidence? If there is enough chat log evidence, then they will look at a ban
    (0)
    Last edited by Elladie; 02-10-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maeve D'lyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    You do realize they are just constantly doing it because they are getting a rise out of you. Just literally ignore them, sooner or later they will get bored and leave you alone. I had this happen to me with someone I kicked from and old guild and acting like they didn't exist, worked like a charm. You can still report to GMs, esp if they start trashing you openly. But make no direct response and let them make an idiot out of themselves.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ashyra Leyran
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaAnimus View Post
    You do realize they are just constantly doing it because they are getting a rise out of you. Just literally ignore them, sooner or later they will get bored and leave you alone. I had this happen to me with someone I kicked from and old guild and acting like they didn't exist, worked like a charm. You can still report to GMs, esp if they start trashing you openly. But make no direct response and let them make an idiot out of themselves.
    As much i can agree to most you say, i have to defend the OP, it is always easier said then done ot just ignore such things especially if you try to chat with your guild or friends in between, turning privat messages of will also turn friend ones off, leaving the game is not the way also as example and the GMs need ot do anytihng in my eyes to prevent such, harrassment is a big problem in our society overall, telling soemone to ignore it is basically saying "i not care and you need to take care of it yourself".
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Euliemia Moonfall
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elladie View Post
    Point number one - swearing at the people who want to help you is not the way to go.
    Point number two - there is no reason at all that shouldn't be able to black list this person. Next time you try, make a note of everything you try. Have you made the Devs aware that you are unable to blacklist? If not, do so immediately. They will expect you to protect yourself by blacklisting the harasser so the fact that you can't for some reason will be very important. Perhaps there is a bug, perhaps you're doing something wrong.
    They are very adamant about not tolerating harassment but if they aren't aware that you can't blacklist this person, there isn't much they can do without a ban. Have you provided chat log evidence? If there is enough chat log evidence, then they will look at a ban
    GM staff hold the logs, as long I give a time and date and location they can look it up.GM told me once before they are able to to look up this stuff, and it would make sense considering the nature of the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Euliemia Moonfall
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaAnimus View Post
    Ignore them? you mean like how I was on my private estate minding my business then this person came to my estate to bother me? Perhaps the SE staff should do their job and actually give the proper punishment as their rules state would be the easier thing because it the proper thing.Why they haven't? that what i wanna know.. and the reason for this threat.Players being subject to this behavior should never be accepted as a norm.Every player in this game has the right to play this game peacefully.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast