Player
    Character
    Fefo Do-curso
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80

Market price adjustment bot

Ok, so I have been working with market boards for a while now, and just recently got to selling high value stuff...well, trying at least, because here is the problem. There is a retainer that adjusts the price, always 1k bellow the lowest price, no matter what time of the day, week, month, its always on adjusting the prices, which is very frustrating, since i'll never be able to sell an item if there is always someone 1k bellow selling the same.

I've been experimenting with prices, lowering to absurd amounts and raising to absurd amounts, give about 5-15 minutes, the retainer adjusts them to always 1k bellow.

I've tracked down 2 of them which I believe to be bots on Famfrit market boards, one is calles "Flameseekerprophecy" and the other "Sharknado" which I believe to be from the same person since it shares its value and type of pricing (always ends with a .123).

So if anyone can check and confirm I'm not crazy with this, he "works" with facet crafting gear, any of them. So just put up at the market with a random price and wait 5-15 minutes and check again.

I've reported him, but not sure i'll ever even get an answer, so if there is another way to help with this, I would appreciate the help, since this is a major let down for me.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    most of the time those bots they don't do anything about them. crafter/gatherer/mb bots don't seem to fall under the usual ban wave. mostly the ban hits the rmt bots.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coriander Silverflame
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    1. lower price to x%
    2. buy from bot at x%-1K gil
    3. relist at 100%
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Coriander Silverflame
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Also facet gear is like 100k anyway so not even worth selling atm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fefo Do-curso
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    1. lower price to x%
    2. buy from bot at x%-1K gil
    3. relist at 100%
    you sir are a genius
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fefo Do-curso
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Also facet gear is like 100k anyway so not even worth selling atm.
    still going for 200-400 on famfrit.

Thinking of breaking the market, selling a lot with cost production cost, so they stop boting this shit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernandosilveirasc View Post
    still going for 200-400 on famfrit.

Thinking of breaking the market, selling a lot with cost production cost, so they stop boting this shit.
    You'll never stop botting by trying to break the market. Market prices are set by the values players place on their time because it prevents them from doing other things. A bot's time has significantly less value because there's nothing else it's going to be doing. Trying crashing prices and the bots will crash them right along side you because the gil means even less to them.

Breaking the market also will only work if you have supplies for the long term. You need to be able to come back with more every time your items sells to ensure your price structure is the one setting the prevalent market price.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    From messing around with the bots on my server, they can set a price floor specifically so people can't bait them into selling at a huge markdown then buying them out.

You can still abuse this by figuring out what price they won't go under then selling just below that so you don't have to worry about them undercutting you until they bother checking the prices manually.

However, they're liable to just keep adjusting the floor to be lower and lower each time in hopes of scaring off the competition, after which they'll try to jack up the prices again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fefo Do-curso
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    that's what i've been doing, but I figured that the time spent x gil made is not worth my time.
    (0)