Player
    Character
    Lucas Phataros
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 76

Insane lag - Unplayable game

I've been playing since 2014 and I've never experienced this lag with brief disconnections before. I changed my wifi modem recently, yes, but it's way better than the other I had and I'm using 5.8 Ghz now.

I contacted the ffxiv support today and the only thing I couldn't change or correctly check from the list of solutions, are the ports.

Is it a big deal if they are closed? Could that truly be what is making the game unplayable for me?

I can play with no problems at all:
    - ESO
    - BDO
    - Steam co-op games (hosted by me)
    - Archeage Unchained
    - Anthem
    - Forza Horizon 4

No internet issues. Same PC and Internet connection.

My ISP can't change the ports for me. I must buy a router and do it myself. Is it worth it or there is something else going on here?

Also, I can't directly connect the modem to the PC for reasons. I never needed that anyway. My internet plan's speed is 300 mb.

I can run any game on max settings and every driver is up to date.

Tracert fails on hops 5,8,10,11 every time.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Did the lag start happening immediately after you changed your modem?

You also mentioned doing a trace route, correct? Can you provide that?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucas Phataros
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 76
    Hello. I can play now. But only using 2.4 Ghz WiFi. For some reason, it doesn't work when I use the 5.8 Ghz. I contacted my ISP and they solved it for a couple of hours but the problem is back for that one. But well, at least I can play now, just with the slower WiFi.
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for the update.

Phataros, I am glad that that you were able to resolve the issue . In the event you experience anymore issues with Final Fantasy XIV, please post again in the Technical Support Forums.

This thread will be moved to the 'Support Center Resolved'.
    (0)