Hinata Matsuri
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Retainer Organization & Sorting

Dear Yoshi P.

Please implement this.

When you hit the sort button the items go from the other retainers and condenses into one slot on the one retainer. It's really a pain to have to go through each one and/or try to organize one by one. I'd appreciate it if you took my suggestion seriously, also any news on the school girl outfits?

Also hi GM Unurlotho & Rhinedynast.

o/
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hinata Matsuri
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    PS: Credit to Siluca Cornaro :3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I doubt it would be possible. A sort right now won't even combine multiple stacks of the same item that's in your character inventory. Trying to automatically transfer the same item scattered across multiple storage units into a single storage unit would be even more difficult.

There are also players who split the items up between different retainers for a reason. In my case I store items that belong to the FC on one of my alts' retainers because there's not enough room in the FC chest. I'd be upset if my personal items ended up combined with FC items so I didn't know how much belongs to the FC and how much to me.

If you have a system to organize how you will store items before you give them to a retainer, your idea wouldn't be necessary. As an example, put items gathered through mining and botany on one retainer, everything else on the second retainer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hinata Matsuri
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    I doubt it would be possible. A sort right now won't even combine multiple stacks of the same item that's in your character inventory. Trying to automatically transfer the same item scattered across multiple storage units into a single storage unit would be even more difficult.

There are also players who split the items up between different retainers for a reason. In my case I store items that belong to the FC on one of my alts' retainers because there's not enough room in the FC chest. I'd be upset if my personal items ended up combined with FC items so I didn't know how much belongs to the FC and how much to me.

If you have a system to organize how you will store items before you give them to a retainer, your idea wouldn't be necessary. As an example, put items gathered through mining and botany on one retainer, everything else on the second retainer.
    You should have the option to choose where you put your items which is the case right now, the point of this is so you can consolidate the items if YOU CHOOSE SO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OniKimoto View Post
    You should have the option to choose where you put your items which is the case right now, the point of this is so you can consolidate the items if YOU CHOOSE SO.
    The way you stated it, it would automatically combine items when Sort is used.

I still use Sort. It would screw me over because it will move items I have sorted on one retainer and combine them with the items I have sorted on another retainer.

No thank you.

Instead of asking for it to be an included function of Sort, ask SE to make a new function for Combine Stacks so it will only do it for those players who specifically want their separated stacks combined.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaiya Nakamura
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    There's a firefox addon that can help you determine if you have items among multiple retainers. Then you just have the job of combining them yourselves.
    Not everyone wants all their stacks combined on a single retainer, so a one-button-fix-all to sort is not ideal. You already have the power to control your own storage. Utilize it <3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hinata Matsuri
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JWag12787 View Post
    There's a firefox addon that can help you determine if you have items among multiple retainers. Then you just have the job of combining them yourselves.
    Not everyone wants all their stacks combined on a single retainer, so a one-button-fix-all to sort is not ideal. You already have the power to control your own storage. Utilize it <3
    What if you have max retainers? Going in between all those is a pain in the tush.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OniKimoto View Post
    What if you have max retainers? Going in between all those is a pain in the tush.
    It will always be a pain because you can't store everything on a single retainer. Having sort also combine isn't going to solve that.

Being organized in how you store items will lessen the pain. Don't randomly put stuff on a retainer just because it's the one you're currently interacting with. Have each retainer store a different type of item so you know which retainer to check when you need that type of item.

If I'm making a tool that requires ingots, lumber and leather, I don't have to play guessing games. Retainer A keeps all my ingot and lumber supplies. Retainer B is holding all my cloth and leather supplies. I can go straight to what I need because I have it organized in advance.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tohe Spidhire
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 58
    Storage is part of the organization mini-game. Tips for winning the game are:
    • Vendor stuff that you rarely use. Can you buy the stuff cheap on the marketboard? Then don’t store it; just buy when needed.
    • Found a neat looking item that *maybe* you will use, but probably not? Sell it.
    • Are you a skilled crafter that can produce HQ items from NQ mats? Then condense your HQ mats > NQ.
    • Avoid carrying around intermediate mats. Just carry the basic mats that can be produced into intermediate mats, when needed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I've you've got that many retainers... why not just organize them so each one carries specific types of things? That's what I did. I have my retainers divided up so if I need say... lumber, I know to always go to the retainer carrying lumber as no one else would have any unless I pulled it for a special project I hadn't finished yet. And I always make a note of those so I don't forget lol. I even have them split by tab so I know one tab will have raw mats, one will have lumber, etc.
    (0)