Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopa View Post
    then what are u gonna say about mentor and hunt mounts?

That I see people complain about them. Not so much mentor, but every so often hunt mount comes up. It always seems that the complaint is some version of takes too much time.

I wasn't defending the complaint. It just feels like the PvP community is a little bent out of shape. The OP isn't a special complaint this could have easily been about anything that takes more then a few weeks. Anything that is not just participation and finish-able in a couple weeks gets complained about. It is the modern MMO player base. I am not a huge fan of this type of MMO design. I guess we should be happy we haven't reached the stage where unique and special stuff is available for cash.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Moonlite is right - most people i know that are casual want things handed to them. gotta work for your supper!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sors Tyche
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    New age MMO players have it so easy. If there was a rare mount you wanted, a grind of 70-80 hours was on the low end of the spectrum and that's if it was guaranteed and didn't have a sub 2% drop chance against 50 other people.

I wish this game had more stuff to play for, more stuff to compete for and grind against. I miss being able to walk into a town and see a dude showing off an armour set that he spent forever on grinding out and every one knew it.

What does this game have? Necromancer? Sure, legends? Dime a dozen, about 6 per limsa, probably more, pvp items? They're like an unbranded pair of expensive clothes, nobody knows what they look like.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Auryn Saberspinner
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    If there is something I will always say about FFXIV, is that it has the most fair reward system of all MMO's. You get a fair reward for the effort and complexity of the task. I have completed several high end content in PvE myslef, so I am all in for that.

But with Frontlines, it is slightly different in my perspective. You don't rely on a light or full party, but on a total alliance that has to work on to the same goal.

Now with an alliance raid in PvE there is no issue, as the complexity and mistakes are covered by other alliance members. So rare is the time you don't accomplish something

In Frontlines PvP, collaboration is more trickier, as tactics are key. Sometimes you see a bunch of 5 to 10 people run to the enemy base, chasing one or two people while nodes of 50 or 100 point are there to capture (and there is little you can do about it). So you have to rely on 23 other people not giving free points to the enemy.

You can be as good as you want in Frontlines, but for 24 people to compete at the same level you need a miracle.

And if that wasn't enough, apparently you are in not in equal conditions if you go solo than in party: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-fixed./page27
    (2)
    Last edited by AurynSaber; 01-17-2020 at 09:43 PM. Reason: adding link

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    I love being able to work on things over time. I know that grinding for my tank mount or the One Steppe at a Time achievement is going to take time, but when I can consistently focus on something and work at it, I do a damn fine job. Might win, might not, but that sense of accomplishment is delicious. My problem is, I don't have all day to queue and hope to get a match. I jump in when I can and give it my all, but time is not on my side. Frontlines yes, Feast, not so much.
    (0)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It's really frustrating how you can do everything right, calling out objectives and pay attention to scores, and still fail to finish in first because of other teammates ignoring all that and basically just throwing the fight. It feels like griefing, especially when you lose by hundreds of points.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xaventh Vega
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Did SE mention when frontlines is going back to a normal rotation? I assumed it would be 5.2. Nothing else will que if this mode is unlocked and personally I'm over the new mode.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xaventh View Post
    Did SE mention when frontlines is going back to a normal rotation? I assumed it would be 5.2. Nothing else will que if this mode is unlocked and personally I'm over the new mode.

I would not be surprised if they are tracking for a certain amount of people to reach 100 wins and line it up with a patch. And the start was a disaster so they are probably not close to those numbers. Wouldn't be shocked if they added mogtomes and then went back to a rotation as another plan.

Or they just have no plan and will pull a date out of the air.

Also I have a screenshot of two different players getting a GC win achievement at the same time. Keeping my eyes open for all three in one win to post so that it can be referenced every time someone complains about freelancer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eno Rauron
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I have strong feelings about this, I saw this and made an account just so I could come say something.

I wish this was easier to obtain, or allowed to be obtained by any other means (not the recolor)
    I am not good at pvp, I just like mechanical mounts. I totally enjoy this mount its named after one of my favorite characters of my favorite final fantasy games its the reason I like mechanical characters

I am writing this in a moment of frustration and anger cause i've just failed my 10th Onsal Hakair today in a row. Am I to blame? I try my best, I don't want to be here, but when I get the urge to try and get the mount its what I try to do then I burn out on the game and stop playing for a few months, this has happened more times now than I've had any wins. I should be counting my Win/Loss/Hiatus due to too much loss.

Am I salty? Yes? Am I bad at pvp? absolutely. Is there anything the game could be doing to make getting these mounts any easier? or accessible by another means? yes!

The Itinerate Moogle comes to mind as something that could offer a pvp reward... maybe a "Battle-hungry Moogle" could appear as a dang pvp vendor to allow usually non available mounts to be grinded out for a riddiculous cost, i've got ton of Wolf Marks, heck I'd spend the new currency I got from the season track if it'd free me of this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Top Macho
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AurynSaber View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am a casual PvP player, who always likes to pop in each day for the Daily Roulette. I really enjoy playing it every day and I try to do my best. Unfortunately, my FC members are not very much into it.

However, with this new achievement and it's fancy mount attached to it, I think PvP is starting to be less appealing to me.

Every day I do my best to try to get a win out, but it is getting very hard to achieve. I am lucky if I manage to secure at least one victory. On weekends, I may be able to play slightly more. During the week, I am lucky if I have time for the daily Frontline.

I don't think I'm a bad player, not the best one either, I would consider myself average. But I've never one 100 games in Frontline before, and I doubt I will get this achievement. But I really fancy getting that mount and most of the times you lose due to other players ( as said, I'm not a great player, but I understand enough to know how to win, I think) which is not nice at all.

Shouldn't the mount be tied to a participation achievement (Do Onsal Hakair 200-300 times say)? At least you know you can get a reward for playing this and not loosing the desire to play PvP.

It probably sounds like a rant, and you could be right. But after a couple of victories only, after 10 games, I think I needed to put something up on this board to relieve some tension. ^^'

Auryn.
    So you're the reason why I end up losing too. Instead of queueing up once a day for that daily bonus, queue up more than 3-10 times per day. And practice on a dummy on the class you're going to pvp in (with this rework of classes, figuring out your combos doesn't take more than 30mins at most, to figure out). Oh, and do ME a favor and switch from Standard movement mode to Legacy when you pvp.

*I'm aware this may be taken as "toxic" but as someone who has accumulated 941 frontlines in under 3 months, these types of players are extremely annoying to be with. Then, they hit you with "yOu DoN'T pAY foR mE sUB" and they don't pay for yours either or "ImagInE tRyIng tO wIn iN pVP" and get to ruin your frontline. In fact, those who que up once a day should be put against those who que up more than 5+ times a day for frontlines.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kiao-Ken; 05-10-2022 at 03:56 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast