Player
    Character
    Angelix Nova
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 22

Unable to Install on MacOS 10.15.2

I'm creating a new thread because my problem seems different than two other recent Mac related threads I find.

I downloaded the Mac client from https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/mac/download

I select "I currently possess a SQUARE ENIX Account"

I enter my ID, password, and OTP

I enter my registration code (for a Mac download) and accept the user agreement

THEN: On the "Select a Service Account" page - I already have an account (using on a PC) and so I select that, and click "NEXT"

Then, the launcher freezes. After a few moments, I receive a Mac error message "Your system has run out of application memory" and I have to Force Quit FFXIV (which it lists as using ~130 GB of memory).

I am using a 2017 MacBook Pro which exceeds the recommended minimum specs. I am using Catalina (which these other posts I find blame for the root of their problems). I've tried restarting the MacBook. I've uninstalled and re-installed the FFXIV launcher.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

If you haven't registered the code yet, then simply add it to your account via the Mogstation. Once that is done, you should be able to log into the game without the launcher crashing.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Angelix Nova
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

If you haven't registered the code yet, then simply add it to your account via the Mogstation. Once that is done, you should be able to log into the game without the launcher crashing.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    Thank you, that works!

Downloading the game now. Thanks
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for the update.

TheSwartz, I am glad that that you were able to resolve the issue I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue. In the event you experience anymore issues with Final Fantasy XIV, please post again in the Technical Support Forums.

This thread will be moved to the 'Support Center Resolved'.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)