Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I looked back on my old Shiva clear vids and when she says "Those who have taken up the sword shall perish by the sword," it has nothing to do with mechanics. That's her opening line (she's basically saying "you will die for starting this fight"). What she actually says when going into sword phase is "A blade of ice to defend my brothers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Garten View Post
    Sometimes instead in this game a boss just, dunno, start farting, and you have to guess (i dunno with wich logic assumption) that in a second he's gonna shoot laser from its eyes?!?!
    Or dunno, they give you a 5 second buff that is called "nice lilies" and you have to guess that if you are not esuning that you are gonna die. Why cant they call "Imminent death" or something like that?
    I may need an example of a boss like this, as most do telegraph their attacks in their own way. Some turn away from the tank, some have unique animations (raising hand for frontal cleave, or raising tail for rear cleave), some require you to see what attack they're charging/casting (Scythe/Axe Kick, for example) and so forth. Some attacks may also change depending on whether the boss has a certain buff or not (Lakshmi's Chanchala, Eden Prime's Paradise Regained, E-Ramuh's Fury, etc).

Back to BLU, if you gain a debuff in the Masked Carnivale and this debuff has a blue line above it, then that means you need to remove it no questions asked. I will concede that SE were sneaky by making the Throttle debuff an instant cast, but after a lot of trial and error with #29, I now know when it's coming and can prepare for it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Garten Rei
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Sorry to bother everyone again.. but i can't go past ferrofluid cast.. we both get the minus sign.. and after ONE second i die.. i know that i have to go near him but wtf.. am i too slow or do i miss something?

Also pillars of flame in act 1 is giving me nuts.. is there a patterns to the wide aoes? they seems to sometimes cover ALL the f****g stage
    (0)
    Last edited by Garten; 04-08-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Sorry to bother everyone again.. but i can't go past ferrofluid cast.. we both get the minus sign.. and after ONE second i die.. i know that i have to go near him but wtf.. am i too slow or do i miss something?
    Are you dispelling the Throttle debuff with Exuviation?

It reapplies it periodically after the initial use at the start of the fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garten Rei
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Yeah it was that probably.. to me this fight is still impossibile... i die like 3 times in the first act, than i finally go to the second, resist till the hand fase and they just kill me.. i can't do no damage to the hands, dunno why, tried glower, reflux and wathever, they suck all my mana and then the boss oneshots me. Dunno how one should do it...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adam Fylrmyn
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Also pillars of flame in act 1 is giving me nuts.. is there a patterns to the wide aoes?
    They spawn kinda like a giant plus? Thee of them will spawn on three points (example: North/East/West) and the fourth point with no tornado is the safe spot. They shoot a cone aoe to where you’re standing, so you wanna bait those cones away from the safe spot first and then move into it.

i can't do no damage to the hands, dunno why, tried glower, reflux and wathever
    You gotta nuke the left hand with stuff like Shock Strike cause that’s the one that eats your MP. Everything you got cause it has low HP iirc. The right hand isn’t as much of a threat so you can ignore it till you take out the left hand. The boss also does that aoe nuke that you need to silence while they’re both up so keep an eye on that. After those hands he just repeats the mechanics from the start (but no more hands will spawn), so you’re pretty much at the victory lap and almost done with the fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garten Rei
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I wanted to continously explode myself at limsa till i faint from real fatigue on my keyboard to protest; but i can't anymore since they put the 10 minute timer on selfdestruct abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garten Rei
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Nothing guys i think you are all teasing me... so.. i precast boost when the boss is preparing the summon.. i reflux the left hand and manage to kill it. THE SECOND ONE DOES NOT DIE. i repeat: THE SECOND ONE DOES NOT DIE.. i can't kill in time before the boss cast the mega splash, so they both do the super attack and kill me.. W - T - F
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garten Rei
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I made it... as you said once done with the hands it was just a repeat of previous things.. i think i lagged a couple times because i was trown away even if i avoided the aoes >_> but i survived with pom cure.. as for the right hand i think maybe the problem was that the damage was divided with the boss so i tried to attack it far from him and somehow managed...

i'm done >_>
    (0)

Character
    Heul Darian
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I made it... as you said once done with the hands it was just a repeat of previous things.. i think i lagged a couple times because i was trown away even if i avoided the aoes >_> but i survived with pom cure.. as for the right

hand i think maybe the problem was that the damage was divided with the boss so i tried to attack it far from him and somehow managed...

i'm done >_>
    Use healing stance. Keep your burst before the 2 adds for the small hand then cleave with glower both the boss and the other hand and the asap use diamondback
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10