Character
    Flam Boyante
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Retainer Gunbreaker

Hey,

I read that it is possible to make your retainer a gunbreaker. However, I can't seem to figure out how. I could only choose Ninja, since I leveled that to 50 before leveling Samurai and Gunbreaker to 80.

I reset the lvl 50 Ninja retainer (who couldnt advance further) and bought a retainer to lvl 70 boost scroll. But I can only choose Rogue and the scroll warns me that it can only boost rogue to 50.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pepsi Plunge
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    You need to buy a jobbook for the job you want at the "retainer-shop" (were you can hire a retainer) in one of the major cities. They are usually near the marked boards. One book costs 40 ventures.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flam Boyante
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Retainer Gunbreaker

Thanks for the answer, but I did get the book. However it will only allow me to choose "Ninja" as a job. I did that, but then I cant level him higher than lvl 50, since I only have Ninja at lvl 50. I continued with Samurai and then Gunbreaker to 80.

Also with the "boost Retainer to 70" book from the mog station store I can only boost my retainer to 50. It even warns me. Same with the class "rogue", the only one that is available for me to choose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaiya Nakamura
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Are any of the expansion classes available to retainers? I thought they were not included, and it may be because they started at a higher level than 1, which can mess w/ the retainer programming?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pepsi Plunge
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by JWag12787 View Post
    Are any of the expansion classes available to retainers?
    Of course. One of my retainer is a GNB too. But the starting level of GNB is level 60, so your retainer needs to be at least level 60 to learn GNB.
    (0)
    Pepsis Eorzea-Tagebuch:
    https://de.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/22850747/blog/

Player
    Character
    Flam Boyante
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Retainer Gunbreaker

Thanks all.

I guess I need to level myself as Ninja to lvl 60, then level my (reset to level 1) "Rogue" class retainer to 60 (without giving him a job) and then make him a GNB.

And with the scroll I bought I need to level the Ninja to 70 or otherwise 10 lvls are waisted.

This sucks. Actually didnt want to play Ninja anymore. All hands full with my SAM and GNB. But having high level retainers is nice.

Have a good day everyone!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Instead of leveling ninja to 70, is there another class you might like to level instead?

Having a healer class is useful, especially if you want to earn mentor status, or see all the role quest storylines in Shadowbringers. Being able to heal/raise people in the field is nice too.

Arcanist gives you both healer and DPS mage jobs with a shared EXP bar, or conjurer/WHM is the easiest to play. (Astrologian starts as a job so isn't useful in this context, as you wouldn't be able to give that to your retainer until after boosting it.)

Or there are plenty of DPS jobs to choose from.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flam Boyante
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Retainer Gunbreaker

Thanks for the advice, Iscah!

It's not that I dislike the Ninja much. I actually enjoyed the game with the mudras etc. I'm just a bit burned out from leveling. Super happy that I'm doing endgame now and the game is a blast. Just a bit annoying that I have 2 jobs at lvl 80 and can't level my retainers. Maybe something that the developers should take a look at. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that problem.

Cheers!
    (0)