Player
    Character
    Girth Maximus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Game permanently locked due to crashing

When submitting a bug report, please use the below template and thoroughly fill out the necessary information.

Date & Time: Dec 04, 2019 4pm
    Frequency: consistantly
    World name: Siren
    Character name: Girth Maximus
    Retainer name: N/A
    NPC name: N/A
    Monster name: N/A
    Class/Level: Monk 80
    Party or solo: Solo
    In-game time: unsure
    Area and coordinates: The Tempest (literally the first transition through main story)
    Housing: N/A
    Steps:
    1. Transition to the tempest area (ShB) during quest "To Storm-tossed Seas" (lvl 79)
    2. Receive crash report
    3. Any attempt to re-login and select my character will load me into the tempest and crash again
    4. A support ticket has been filed and all steps followed resulting in no progress.

Although i am unsure, it seems to me the game is failing to load a cutscene (as is customary when first transitioning into a new area). As i have yet to view the cutscene, and it is forced, i cannot log into my character and my progress is currently locked.

Any further assistance would be appreciated.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Girth Maximus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    While im not sure what caused this issue (likely just some corrupted files), i was able to move passed the cutscene via logging into my character on a friends PC. I have since purged and reinstalled FF14 on my own PC and it is working as intended now. It seems this issue was only local to me and is now resolved.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ganthrithor; 12-05-2019 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Resolved