Character
    Abyltoum Merlrhetsyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 22

The Baldesion Arsenal has a problem {suggestion}

Hiya

First let me say this is base of the perspective of someone who completed Eureka Pagos before 5.1 hit live, and was initially doing the old content for Relic weapon glamour.

So Square you did a great job in making Eureka over all more accessible and more fun for everyone involved and I want to say thank you for that, however I cant help but feel you missed a spot.

The Baldesion Arsenal.

It basically is the end goal if you will of Eureka and houses not only some nice little lore bits for those who really want to see them like myself, but it also holds the key to the Ozma mount for anyone who might be interested in that.

I am not suggesting that Baldesion Arsenal itself be made easier if you go the trouble of unlocking it you are fully warned it is hard end of Stormblood content, but here in is the problem its Stormblood content so less people are doing it and any that are congregate on snobby discord servers who are less interested in helping you clear it just one time then they are telling you it will take you 4 months before we even let you see a clear run let alone join it.

I feel Baldesion Arsenal needs to be made more accessible as well like the rest of Eureka has been, I would suggest it be added to the duty finder after you have unlocked it so that you can queue for it like ever other dungeon/raid/trail.

I understand that it is throwback Final Fantasy XI content but you can still achieve that feeling without having to have to go about the overly complex way of even entering Baldesion Arsenal yet alone clearing it.

I also understand that unlike me some may not be trying to clear it to see the lore but trying to clear it for the Ozma mount, for that I would suggest why not add it as a low drop rate to the moist lock boxes or rabbit gold boxes like the previous zones, I've herd many a heart sink when they discover that there is no mount in the lock boxes this time, this time its behind a raid you'll be lucky to see and even luckier to complete.

Thank you for your time in reading this,
    Keep up the amazing work I love this game,
    A Fox *paw print*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I mean if you wanted to do a clear run, host your own party?
    It can be low manned, the HP of all bosses scales to an extent. But hey maybe you'll get lucky and find enough for a full instance!

There are people still running it, on Primal at least. You just need to sometimes go through the motions of helping others learn it before they can clear it with you, but that's the same as any content. Yeah a lot of the planning and coordination is done on discord servers but from what I've encountered they haven't exactly been what I'd call snobby at all, I've in fact met some rather awesome people that way.

Also as a side note, Hydatos does have a mount in the lockboxes. The Eruekan Petrel.
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Diaval Alucard
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Yeah, you'd have more luck going in and clearing by joining the big discord groups for each data center. On Aether we do a couple runs on weekends, which range from fresh to clears.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Terras Felis
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Hi there!

Sorry to hear that, but as the other poster said about Primal, we have at least one very large Discord server and do multiple learning runs every week Very fun and I don't think we're snobby at all, all are welcome! And if you're not on Primal I'm sure there is at least one Discord on your Data Center that still does runs. Good luck on your clear
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abyltoum Merlrhetsyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 22
    Quote "I mean if you wanted to do a clear run, host your own party? It can be low manned, the HP of all bosses scales to an extent"

Its good to know that the bosses HP scales and yes I could use PF to find a group but you missed that main point BA is not accessible, once I have a full group we can't just use the duty finder and see if we can clear it we still have to go though an archaic system that dose not need to be there in the first place.

Quote "On Aether we do a couple runs on weekends, which range from fresh to clears."

I am happy to hear you are helping people with the place but my point is there shouldn't be a range of clears, I feel after they made to rest of Eureka much more accessible and lets be honest easier every run should just be clear run, not ((and this is just an example I don't know how your discord works)) run on X day clears to a certain point then we all leave to do other things rather then continuing and clearing in the instance.

Lastly I'm just going to address all the Discord things in one, Yes Discord is helpful, yes I use it myself BUT it's a 3rd party system, it should not be a requirement for me to use it to do a BA run, and yeah I know its not technically a requirement but how many people have you seen trying to PUG BA recently? cause for me its been about 0 cause its an archaic system that those who would like to run it but not feel like they are in a raiding community all of a sudden don't do.

And before I hear the words "But BA is a raid" Yeah and so are all the EX Trails, All the Alliance raids and a lot of other content that is all in the Duty Finder, I get that this is meant to be a FFXI throw back okay I do, I even played that game back in the day, but this is FFXIV is not a horrible idea I feel to have it available in the Duty Finder it still feels like I'm in a Hi-Rezz FFXI anyway and it would allow me and a lot of other to see this content.

And FYI yes I used to be a hardcore raider back in the day, WOW with MC, BRS, AQ, Higher end Guild wars 1 content, even high end PVP in Warhammer online, but even WOW could easily see that once the hardcore audience was no longer doing the content it was just dead so they made it more accessible to other who never got a chance to or just wanted to relive those memory's to do it with the Raid finder from WoTL onward's.

P.S Thank for the information about that mount in those lockboxes I was not aware of that ^w^b
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bun Fisha
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 57
    They still didn't change anything as I can see. BA is impossible for those who refuse to join some discord server?? Bullsht. I tried and put up a pf for this but no luck, just gave up after x hours because people actually joined then left when I said I don't have discord. I watched and read a guide, I know what to do, but noone cares. SE needs to put BA on the duty finder so everyone can queue and try it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahi View Post
    They still didn't change anything as I can see. BA is impossible for those who refuse to join some discord server?? Bullsht. I tried and put up a pf for this but no luck, just gave up after x hours because people actually joined then left when I said I don't have discord. I watched and read a guide, I know what to do, but noone cares. SE needs to put BA on the duty finder so everyone can queue and try it.
    I don't see what your big hang up with people who want to use discord is. People want to be able to communicate efficiently while doing the content (e.g. callouts and the like). You don't wanna do that, so people left your PF. They aren't preventing you from seeing the content whatsoever.

Putting it in the duty finder won't make it any more likely that you'll get into the instance. People will still want to be able to communicate with you via voice chat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bun Fisha
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrias View Post
    I don't see what your big hang up with people who want to use discord is. People want to be able to communicate efficiently while doing the content (e.g. callouts and the like). You don't wanna do that, so people left your PF. They aren't preventing you from seeing the content whatsoever.

Putting it in the duty finder won't make it any more likely that you'll get into the instance. People will still want to be able to communicate with you via voice chat.
    I gave up and joined a BA discord and did my first run without listening to anything bc I use my headphones to listen to the game and music on ps4 (and discord is on my phone). I made it to Ozma just fine. It wasn't a clear but that wasn't my fault. I'm just saying that discord is a stupid requirement and not needed at all. Everyone can type and read while playing the game. That should be enough.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chryden Speakel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Discord servers are needed for BA in our western world.
    We try our best to give every new player the best BA experience.

But still communication is key for BA.
    Without being in the discord voices chat and listen to callouts, you are not allowed to enter with our light DC discord, Because one mistake can cause a wipe and timewaste for 56 player.

Also, have you ever enterd BA with a lot of new players and guided them through it?
    A lot of them will die at art/owain, even more at raiden and because you are not prepared, you will have no one to pick them up.
    Nice experience for a new player to die at the first boss and then wait another week to enter again while everyone else is continuing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Curisu; 07-13-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Pepsi Plunge
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    The enemies scales down to 24 players minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFox View Post
    Quote "On Aether we do a couple runs on weekends, which range from fresh to clears."

I am happy to hear you are helping people with the place but my point is there shouldn't be a range of clears, I feel after they made to rest of Eureka much more accessible and lets be honest easier every run should just be clear run, not ((and this is just an example I don't know how your discord works)) run on X day clears to a certain point then we all leave to do other things rather then continuing and clearing in the instance.
    Usually you differ between a "Newbie"-Run and a Clear-Run. Both will last until the end but the chances for a clear on a "newbie"-run is significant lower because there are a lot of fresh first-timer, so they probably will make mistakes and may even cause a wipe to the run. Or they will wipe to an enrage as DPS is very low, because Newcomers don't have Elemental-Gear or even an Elemental-Weapon yet beside the chest, as those need untradeable Fragments only obtainable in BA.
    On our Light-Servers usually only 1 out of 5 newbie-run will clear the content because they wipe on Ozma (or sometimes even on AV). Those runs are basically meant to see all the mechanics and learning them. Ozma can be very tricky for newcomers and is more or less like an Ex-Trial: One wrong move can basically kill you (or even wipe your group if you messed up AB or meteors). Also don't forget that rising won't work in BA like usually, so if you die during the fight you will most likely get sucked out, ending the fight (and the run) for you. It's not uncommon to fail a few times until you get your mount - as you need to be in the room when Ozma dies (I got it on my third run, for reference: I did two newbie-runs which both failed and a clear run where I survived).

A clear run, on the other hand, is usually stacked with veterans (usually with full Elemental-Gear, which helps a lot) and those who still need the clear but have seen Ozma at least once (and got some Fragments for at least one part of Elemental-Gear, too). So the chances for a clear are very high, like 9 out of 10 runs - but it doesn't mean that everyone will survive and get the mount, of course.

But then again like Ex-Trials BA was never designed to be content were you go in just once and clear it right away on the first try (also it is possible, if you are lucky). Hence all the warnings when you unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFox View Post
    on snobby discord servers who are less interested in helping you clear it just one time then they are telling you it will take you 4 months before we even let you see a clear run let alone join it.
    That's sad to hear. On Light the people are very friendly and they are doing runs nearly every day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 07-13-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast