Player
    Character
    Jaenris Silverflame
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61

Gate randomization needs to be fixed!

When I'm running gates and every gate in the hour is 'Slice is Right', which (in my opinion) is a terrible gate in the first place, it makes me not want to do them. If they were properly randomized it would be better. I would love to play the other gates more, but they don't seem to ever come up so I can at least get the achievements I've been working on.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    slice is right is prioritized because it's new.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jaenris Silverflame
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    I'm aware of that but at a 100% chance that it's going to come up, that means none of the other gates in that time slot will. Which will be for the next few months until the next update. It's super frustrating.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    the game isn't going anywhere so try again later?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Another problem is the challenge log entry for winning 3 Gates. When the Slice is Right isn't up it's likely that we get Any Way the Wind Blows instead and both Gates are pretty much a guaranteed loss, wich makes it harder and more time consuming to finish that 3 wins.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Osmigos Risnith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    A lot of people seem to be really focused on completely finishing The Slice is Right. The thing is, you can actually still make a very reasonable amount of MGP even if you don't make it all the way through, if you collect some of the bonus gold.

As for Any Way the Wind Blows... take note of where other people are standing. If you see a large group of people all stacked on a single spot, consider stacking on top of them. My win rate is pretty decent for that one, and the losses are made up for by having a much larger prize than other GATEs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Try visiting at a different time slot? I still see Leap of Faith and Air Force One pretty regularly, and the ocassional Cliffhanger.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ariane Claudel
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    Another problem is the challenge log entry for winning 3 Gates. When the Slice is Right isn't up it's likely that we get Any Way the Wind Blows instead and both Gates are pretty much a guaranteed loss, wich makes it harder and more time consuming to finish that 3 wins.
    Check on the hour. Slice is Right and Any Way the Wind Blows can never spawns on the hour. Cliffhanger, Leap of Faith and Air Force One are the only 3 that spawn on the hour.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Icy Tease
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    yeah, Slice Is Right is an okay concept, but wayyyy too many rounds are expected of you.

I think it's 4(!) rounds of four bamboo pylons after you survive the RNG shell game? End should just be one or two, imo. And after all that, you only get a successful gate completion if you win ;D
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    i have the 10 win acheivement on slice is right. do it enough times and you get how it works. the only thing stopping you is the rng element of the cups.
    (0)