Player
    Character
    Y'mhitra Rhul
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    Good response, but I kinda disagree with the idea that low pop worlds needed this help. While certainly we would've seen a growing disparity, I can't really imagine it being terribly influential. Maybe us low pop servers would've liked to take our time on it. We'll still get there in the end. World visit for this could've just been something left off until it was clear that some/many worlds were not progressing at the pace devs hoped/intended. Part of why I feel this way is that, I choose to assume, there are many players on low pop worlds that enjoy the low pop feeling, and being crowded out of this content would be a huge turnoff. Personally, I'm much less inclined to participate due to the area positively brimming with bodies.
    This, so much. The reason why I chose a low pop server is because I didn't want to be part of world first racing games and congested places. I like to play content with moderate pacing so I won't miss out the details every patch entails. I'm not much of a "rusher".

In regards to the restoration issue... Low pop servers might not stand a chance with content where big numbers rule (eg. leaderbord in this particular case), but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to complete said content at all. It would only get troublesome, if it was a time gated event and the goal HAS to be reached within a certain timeframe (which is likely to have Isghard fully restored, and let's say, for example, it needs to be complete at the end of next month). This alone would become a disadvantage for servers with low crafters/gatherers, since Ishgard housing is still tied to restoration. But it's not like cross-world players can purchase wards outside their homeworld, so wanderers helping out with the progression is kinda fruitless toil - at the first glance. Contributing to another server surely is not a selfless act, as they can spawn the next fate with their hand-ins, meaning one or multiple groups can control the restoration flow of the whole datacenter. Not a bright perspective tbh. It's ultimatively the same mechanism hunting communities do with S rank spawns. And we all know the polarized opinions regarding hunting communities.
    (13)
    Last edited by Zazay; 11-13-2019 at 11:27 PM. Reason: typo
    Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite View Post
    Well I was wrong. I was sure this was going to be a housing situation and they would ignore it. This part is ruined for some people. But going forward if the content is truly long term and they actually have something they can do a 2 week logout all worlds would be reasonable. Stuff calms down and if your server wasn't able to get it done and you missed your server you can help slower servers.
    I really wonder how long these stages are. I mean if its something that might take an active server a month to beat then it really should not be a problem with lower servers (if people want housing to be unlocked) because the new patch for this is months away. So I really dont understand that need for help at all. And if its planned to be so long that it would take even active servers until the next big patch then I question on why they did that? Because there could then be the problem that even higher servers might not want to finish it and why would people then even take their time to help smaller servers? I doubt that they meant the fate with help since they have the ability to change its difficulty so there should be no problem with not many people there. So its the turn ins. Will people really go to lower servers to help with turn ins? I mean right now you can just do nothing and still get the whole credit in the fates so why should people even do that, especially if they already did enough for their own server? Also if that content really takes months to complete for active servers then why give out so many rewards? People just need to do a couple of fates and a couple of turn ins and can probably buy most of the stuff.

I am really not sure if they planned that out so greatly.
    (6)
    Last edited by Alleo; 11-13-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Trool The-unfallen
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Thanks Yoshi,we really needed that!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Junpei Iorii
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I'm sure things will die down soon, but I kinda wish they blocked them off now.
    If they wait a week or so, it'll be fair game for all others servers to be able to
    do the FATE's and stuff and progress on their own right off the go.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aribeth Lightbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    this ideal is awesome one

some many craftsmen there
    (1)
    Last edited by Savagelf; 11-13-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Luke Lightbringer
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Koroem View Post
    Yeah I saw that but if there is one thing this community has proved time and time again is that no amount of pleading with them to do the right thing will change their behavior. They will need to be forced to stop to fix this issue, in the mean time the situation will get more toxic. It always does.
    More than likely but like Yoshi P said give it a few days they are monitoring things so just chill till then .
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    World Visiting should be disabled for the firmament for at least 1 month. That way you can establish a baseline of which servers need help, then make adjustments from there. Its crazy that there are so many wanderers in my own world taking up space that my own people cannot get in.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Laurent Vestra
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    If low population servers need help (which I hardly doubt Zalera is behind Balmung but not that much far behind) then why don't they just adjust how much help each fate needs? It goes for 30 mins when it initially pops so to me they must be thinking what if there is hardly any people doing the fate? And if it fails why not adjust it like they did with shb fates where they're harder or easier based on how many people participated. That way if a low pop is truly struggling and we fail our next fate timer would just make it easier for our smaller numbers.

But seeing how in the middle of the night Zalera had their fate again and we're almost ready trigger the count down for another one- ya call bs on this. I hardly doubt the good people of larger servers are donating items to us.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Kalinas Luminas
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I really, really enjoyed watching Mor Dhona evolve and grow. Same with Idyllshire and being able to progress a zone on my own like the Doman Enclave was really nice. Taking screenshots and finding the little changes is the best part of these developments in my opinion.

That's why the thing that bothers me the most about this new content is the fact that I'll never get to see the initial look of the zone for myself now. It's done and gone forever. No screenshots to add to my collection. No little discoveries.

It would be one thing if the first of the changes took a few days to complete, at least giving interested parties a chance to experience things. On the day of the patch though to go to work and excitedly come back, ready to build...only to find out I had missed some of the development already was disheartening.

Between the huge number of people clogging the zone making it impossible to even get in and the short time between growth events what chance does a large number of the player-base even have to experience this content? It's frustrating and extremely disappointing.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anselmet View Post
    But seeing how in the middle of the night Zalera had their fate again and we're almost ready trigger the count down for another one- ya call bs on this. I hardly doubt the good people of larger servers are donating items to us.

Donate is a stretch and you are thinking of it the wrong way. They couldn't get it done on their server so they are getting it done on yours. It isn't about helping you at all, just like when all those people who come to full server. They aren't their for help they are their to get carried. Shitty behavior both ways.
    (6)

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast