Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Yes for something that was supposed to be a community and server thing.. it makes no sense they allow world visitors.
    2 crafts and i went and did other stuff because it was just crazy the amount of people, i do not like large crowds even in game, lol
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Koroem Kha
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Thanks for the response I guess? But isn't the issue here that players from other worlds aren't joining to help with the actual gathering/crafting? They are camping out for the fate that happens and locking people out of their own servers instance? I don't see how those two things relate to one another and is justifiable.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Luke Lightbringer
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Koroem View Post
    Thanks for the response I guess? But isn't the issue here that players from other worlds aren't joining to help with the actual gathering/crafting? They are camping out for the fate that happens and locking people out of their own servers instance? I don't see how those two things relate to one another and is justifiable.
    He said if they keep doing it there are going to turn on emergency features to lock them out of the zone but they want to watch what happens over the next few days first.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Koroem Kha
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SerLuke View Post
    He said if they keep doing it there are going to turn on emergency features to lock them out of the zone but they want to watch what happens over the next few days first.

Yeah I saw that but if there is one thing this community has proved time and time again is that no amount of pleading with them to do the right thing will change their behavior. They will need to be forced to stop to fix this issue, in the mean time the situation will get more toxic. It always does.
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Good response, but I kinda disagree with the idea that low pop worlds needed this help. While certainly we would've seen a growing disparity, I can't really imagine it being terribly influential. Maybe us low pop servers would've liked to take our time on it. We'll still get there in the end. World visit for this could've just been something left off until it was clear that some/many worlds were not progressing at the pace devs hoped/intended. Part of why I feel this way is that, I choose to assume, there are many players on low pop worlds that enjoy the low pop feeling, and being crowded out of this content would be a huge turnoff. Personally, I'm much less inclined to participate due to the area positively brimming with bodies.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Koroem View Post
    I am also not sure why they did not at least make it so that if you have to turn in a certain amount of items to participate in that. Also if they feared that lower servers wont be able to do it then maybe make it so that the fate itself is easier with less people (just like the stuff in Eureka) and for the rest of the turn ins you could easily watch and see if these servers can do it or not. I mean its not like it has a big timer and if people really want housing then they should be able to do this.

(Or they could have just not given any rewards to those that take part in fates that are not from their own server. This way only those will help that truly just want to help)
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post

The difference in the number of active crafters and gatherers is the main reason for the varying degrees of progress between the various Worlds shown on the Lodestone’s Builders’ Progress Report.

To help ease this disparity, we decided to allow players to visit other Worlds within their data center and lend their assistance to the Ishgardian Restoration efforts of that World.
    If this is truly the rationale, why not only let people world visit to the realms that you know have low population of crafters. Seems like an extremely simple fix.
    (10)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Keiji Zaika
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hello, everyone. This is FFXIV Producer & Director Yoshi-P.

We have received a lot of feedback regarding the Ishgardian Restoration and have been following the ongoing discussion. Thank you for your interest in this new content!

There are two points in particular that I would like to address.

World Visit System and Firmament Player Cap[INDENT]Around the time that concerted works began, we saw a lot of players using the World Visit System, which caused the Firmament in the World they are visiting to reach its player cap, and many players were unable to participate in concerted works in their Home World as a result.

This point came up during the development of the Ishgardian Restoration, and we were aware of the risks involved in players visiting other Worlds to help. However, we decided not to place those kinds of restrictions on the World Visit System for the following reasons:

• The number of crafters and gatherers varies considerably between Worlds. The Worlds with the most crafters and gatherers have over four times as many as those with the least.
    • Worlds with low numbers of crafters and gatherers would struggle to carry out concerted works without visitors from other Worlds, creating a risk that those players would not be able to experience this content as intended.

The difference in the number of active crafters and gatherers is the main reason for the varying degrees of progress between the various Worlds shown on the Lodestone’s Builders’ Progress Report.

To help ease this disparity, we decided to allow players to visit other Worlds within their data center and lend their assistance to the Ishgardian Restoration efforts of that World.

This is the first time we have implemented this type of cross-world content, and we apologize for the issues described above. However, for the first few days following the release of this content, we would like to observe the trends in each World before coming to any decisions.

We understand that being unable to participate in the Ishgardian Restoration on your own World can be very stressful. But please rest assured that we are preparing emergency measures that we can put into action should the situation deteriorate, at which time an announcement will be made. In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding as we work to improve your experience with this content.
    First of all, I wanted to say my thanks for this type of content. It really feels amazing working as a server on a project! It definetly makes a lot of fun seeing many players around and just aiming for the restoration of Ishgard, each on their own server. I've been waiting for this type of content since ARR!

But sadly there will be always those people that like to abuse the system and grind their tokens super fast, with almost no effort. I can only advice to limit the FATE to people of the same server. If a low population server needs help, then other servers should and only should help out by delivering collectibles!
    (12)
    Last edited by xbahax92; 11-13-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    I just... put it to my head... and pull the trigger... Pe-ru-so-na!

Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Well I was wrong. I was sure this was going to be a housing situation and they would ignore it. This part is ruined for some people. But going forward if the content is truly long term and they actually have something they can do a 2 week logout all worlds would be reasonable. Stuff calms down and if your server wasn't able to get it done and you missed your server you can help slower servers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soupa Eptco
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    As much as I enjoy ishgard restoration so far, challenging content for endgame crafters and gatherers should’ve taken priority as there are no relics currently and the savage tier was last patch. Ultimate is a thing BUT remember only 1% of the games population does it AND on crystal yesterday I did not see a single PF for ultimate. Yes there is plenty of other content to do but endgame crafters and gatherers are basically bored to tears with the revamp easing the difficulty of both and no real challenging stuff to do. (You can grind out scripts really fast if you know how) Entry level systems for new players should’ve been back seated as getting the average joe into crafting and gathering has been a problem since the games launch. It wouldn’t have killed anyone to hold off a little longer and make content active players could’ve enjoyed then appeal to the newer players once you’ve fleshed said systems out. Gatherers can’t participate at the moment (except in concerted works) and restoration has no timer in the menus either which is kinda a bummer.

ALSO yeah build a wall and keep other servers out or limit the amount of wanderers that can participate in concerted works. Coeurl was flooded with people from balmung and maetus telling people to show up earlier if they wanted to participate in the firmament. which, playing devils advocate for a moment, is technically correct with how the system is set up. Other then these gripes I look forward to ishgard restoration.
    (4)

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast