Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    It's clearly insinuating that I've been too stupid to do anything other than guess at an event that is obviously designed to not be guesswork, unlike Typhon. I can read between the lines, even if you supposedly can't.
    And sometimes "reading between the lines" is seeing things that aren't there, and taking offence that wasn't intended.

Yes the first line could be taken badly. But they've taken the time to write out detailed instructions in an attempt to help you understand it, and for me that majority of the post is a much clearer indication of their intent - especially if everyone else is reading it that way and not seeing it as rude.

Maybe they phrased it badly, maybe they understood your issue wrongly, but they were trying to help.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    So i know i really shouldnt comment, as i havent done the GATE myself yet(it hasnt spawned during any of my visits yet). But i watched the live letter when Yoshi was showing it off and it seemed like the dodges were obvious. I saw Jim make 3 types of cuts, leading to 3 different aoe patterns. The slice down the middle caused the pillar to fall outward on both sides, the diagonal slice was the same as the pillars from rabanasty, and the multiple slice was just a point blank aoe. Then there was the dog jumping around which looked like it would be the same as kugane castle, and the spinning cups which would likely be a random guess. I get that identifying and dodging 4 bamboo at once will be hectic, but the underlying mechanics of it sure seem pretty simple based on 2 mins of footage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The fact that you're sitting here arguing with people and acting butt-hurt over these perceived slights, instead of digesting the extremely detailed and helpful information provided to you, make it pretty clear that you prefer blaming others for your own shortcomings over trying to improve yourself. Tbh it might even be part of the reason you're struggling with this GATE so much. Instead of feeling upset and retreating into a shell of self-pity, how about taking a look at the information the game (and the first person who replied to you) provides you and figuring out how to do better next time instead?
    I'm not blaming anyone else for my incapability to do something. Where was I doing that? Pretty sure you're making that part up, bub.

I'm blaming them for acting high and mighty just because, god forbid, someone doesn't like what they like and has trouble doing something that apparently comes naturally to them.

Also it's ironic that you're trying to sit on a high horse about people taking a "snooty" or "pretentious" tone, as well as bringing out the "adage of being able to catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar". Take a look in the mirror bruh.
    Yeah, believe it or not, when people get attacked in an unwarranted way, they tend to want to defend themselves. What a concept, right?

Regardless of whatever you seem to think, nothing in my first post warranted the kind of response I got.

And sometimes "reading between the lines" is seeing things that aren't there, and taking offence that wasn't intended.
    "Oh maybe you would fail less if you just paid more attention next time HURR HURR "

It was intended. Sorry that you can't see that yourself.

But they've taken the time to write out detailed instructions in an attempt to help you understand it,
    The thing is, again, it was already undermined by the very first thing that they wrote.

It's like being given a page long apology that begins with the words "I'm sorry that you felt offended." Are you particularly invested in, or at least interested in seeing the rest of the "apology" after reading that? I wouldn't be.

Moreover that, I didn't ask for instructions or advice in the first place. The topic asked "what does everyone think of this GATE", and I gave my opinion. Nowhere did it say that only people who love this GATE were allowed to respond.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fynlar; 11-05-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The thing is, again, it was already undermined by the very first thing that they wrote.

It's like being given a page long apology that begins with the words "I'm sorry that you felt offended." Are you particularly invested in, or at least interested in seeing the rest of the "apology" after reading that? I wouldn't be.
    If the rest of the apology seemed genuine? Quite possibly.

People say things wrong. I know I do, and thus prefer to give others the benefit of the doubt (and hope they will do the same for me). I'd rather incorrectly assume someone is being nice, than incorrectly assume they're being rude.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Machka Gikkingen
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    See, right there is what I was talking about. You say that as if your response to their reply is their fault and not your own responsibility. If you're the type to shut down/shut things out after something you don't like happens, that's your own problem and not anyone else's.

Yeah, believe it or not, when people get attacked in an unwarranted way, they tend to want to defend themselves. What a concept, right?

Regardless of whatever you seem to think, nothing in my first post warranted the kind of response I got.
    And what did you get? A helpful reply.
    If you wanna get hung up over the perceived slight, or "attack" as you put it, it's no skin off anyone's back but your own. You're the one acting high and mighty in this thread, whether you realize it or not.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Wonder Cake
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The slice is so hard. At least for me. I usually fail at three sticks. I guess my reactions and spatial thinking are not good enough. I just don't have enough time to look and analyse all three sticks. Two is fine. But three goes like this: look at 1 - look at 2 - time's up, I'm still trying to position myself to not be hit by 1 or 2, and then 3 hits me.

I have tried this GATE 10-15 times, but was able to progress to the final round only twice.
    (3)
    Last edited by WonderCake; 11-17-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    The gate is too difficult. Wich would not be a problem when it would not block other, easier gates from spawning. And it also pushed another gate completely out of the game. It feels like we lost something rather than gained. Especially when The Slice is Right and Any Way the Wind Blows spawns back to back and you can't win anything anymore. And the other gates are blocked behind the duty finder, except Cliffhanger wich maybe spawns twice a day or so...

I don't like the direction the Gold Saucer is going. We did not got a new big game since Verminion in early Heavensward and the situation with the gates gets worse and worse...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jowy Khah
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBrighton View Post
    If you can't figure out how to dodge things, try observing rather than guessing.

The bamboo falls a certain way depending on how it was cut:
    - Single diagonal cut: The bamboo will slide down in the direction of the cut, stall for a moment, then tip over causing a line AoE where it falls. This is the easiest to dodge.
    - Single vertical cut: The bamboo will split apart and fall in opposite directions causing a line AoE where the 2 halves fall.
    - Multiple diagonal cuts: The bamboo will break apart into multiple pieces, stall for a moment, then come crashing down causing a large circle AoE where it was.

Personally I love this GATE, it's a fair combination of both skill and luck and feels really satisfying to finally win after a dozen attempts. It's fun to root for the last guy on the stage, too!

The payout increases by 1000 MGP for surviving until the Daigoro phase, increases by 2000 MGP for surviving until the cup phase, and increases by another 2000 for surviving until the very end for a grand total of 5000 MGP base payout.
    Collecting piles of MGP during the Daigoro phase will net you an extra 1000 MGP, and there are 4 piles in total. Be quick though as Daigoro will be jumping around collecting the piles as well. Stay out of his path or he will knock you off.
    The cup phase is completely random. You've got a 2/3 chance of staying on, and a 1/3 chance of getting the 2x MGP bonus for guessing right. The 2x MGP bonus doubles your current winnings, rather than the total payout.

If you're lucky you can collect 2 piles of MGP, which means if you guess right on the cups and survive until the end you'll win 12,000 MGP ((1000 + (1000 * 2) + 2000) * 2 + 2000).
    If by some miracle, in all sense of the word, you are able to collect 3 piles of MGP and the x2 bonus, you'll earn 14,000 MGP, which I believe is the absolute maximum amount able to be won without MGP buffs.

I can't wait for the next Make it Rain event, there's going to be so many people participating in this event trying to win it big!
    This help deserves more likes
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    i feel like more games in this direction are needed. gold saucer is supposed to be games of chance really. games of guaranteed outcome = meh
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    I don't like the direction the Gold Saucer is going. We did not got a new big game since Verminion in early Heavensward and the situation with the gates gets worse and worse...
    Mahjong is relatively recent. Most people forgot it even exists, but honestly, how many people really play LoV either?
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast